Caster/tank

Sariel Currently level 48 Light Saraphim

I have gone Caster/tank with my build because in all RPG games there really is never a class that truly appeals to me, The saraphim Fit for the most part for what I wanted,

My build right now consists of....

Revered tech Lore

Celestial Magic Lore

Revered Tech Focus

Celestial Magic Focus

Riding (wish I chose enhanced perception but oh well)

Bargining

Armor Lore

Concentration

Constitution

Ranged Weapon

Untill level 50 every attribute point has gone into stam, after level 50 it will be one in stam the other in Int, when the 3 points start rolling in at 150 it will be stam, int, vit.

For crowd control Radient piller with hypnosis and buffed out flaring nova can distroy VERY large groups of mobs in useually one cast of each, with the hallowed restoration being cast after that for HP/regen incase they are hard hitters and divine protection as the ultimate backup for boss fights

The BFG(not being used yet and not the central idea behind the build) will have its damage scaled up and regen buff penalty dropped down to make it a very viable weapon by itself not to mention the archangels blast one shotting everything already.

Armor lore because she is very gear dependant + to skills and Combat Arts as well as all the damage mitigation.

Constitution makes sure that even fighting the hardest hitting bosses nothing can one shot or even 5 shot her incase a wrong button is hit, + the incombat regen is killer at 75 points

If anyone sees a problem with this build please feel free to give your imput,

Not a problem per se, more a clarification. "Tank" is not the most suitable word, your defense rating is going to be low since the majory comes from a high leveled Battle Tactics buff and/or a Shield lore and shield; also without combat reflexes you have very little evasion and ability to not be critically hit. If archangel is one shoting champion and boss creatures...then it is something I certainly would like to see in action. Last I knew Wrath usually missed if used in melee range, unless that has been fixed. Withouth Tactics Lore..Ranged weapon and BFG will be ineffective. Combat Displine would be a better choice for damage in this build..since it relies mostly on casting.

Edited by Cygnus

Ive never noticed wrath missing in melee, unless im fighting a bat... they seam to be hard to target or something, and the BFG wouldnt be a weapon I would use.... thats the thing about this build the weapons are only for the bonus to the spell damage, tatics does nothing to the wrath damage that is taken off the equiped weapon, that is just weapon level and spell damage, I havent swung a sword in prob 25 lvls lol :)

and I said tank because of the Hallowed regen I know in the regular RPG sence of the word it dosent fit, but with the aggro developed from healing, the rest of my group is left alone.... even tho my defence is lower than a battle stance buffed player, the duration of hallowed restoration is so long compaired to the cool down, it is cast 100% of the time almost like a buff, never letting hp drop below 90% even with 20-30 hard hitting mobs attacking at the same time.

And TBH I was going to take Combat Dicipline but I kept finding that the spells would bug out, sometimes one spell would cast without the other, or they both wouldnt cast and it would hit the cooldown for the combo anyways

If a direct attack in a combo kills your target outright, then a rest of the chain may not execute. I.E. If you have Wrath as the starter and it kills your target, if you have other direct attacks in that combo, then they will likely not excute. Celestial Light and Flaring nova will always work together in a combo..I recommend Celestial light be the leading attack, since it wil let you target the area you want..and Flaring will excute around you afterwards. If you do Flaring nova followed bu Celestial Light..the light may not target properly. Certain skills work together in combination better than others :) Regardless, the damage boost from Combat Disciple to combat arts modifies them regardless if they are in a combo or not.

Yah thats what I had up, Radient piller then Flaring nova, radient pulling the mobs nice and close in so my double shot nova took them out, but I found too many times piller would cast and nova wouldnt, and with nova having the high damage it would give the massive # of mobs a good chance to try to kill me, so I did away with the combo all togeather,

Its been working very well because sometimes now during longer fights I can throw in a hallowed restoration, or if a champ is in the mix I can down him with a wrath or a baneful smite (depending on resists)