Shadow Warrior (Beginners)

Shadow Warrior (Beginners)

This is a quick guide for new players starting a shadow warrior. I will go thru the first 20 levels. Listing which skills should be taken to start a nice Dual Wielding, Grim Resilience/Reflective Emanation buffed Shadow Warrior. This will give you good DPS on solo and group mobs and Survivability thru your buffs.

**NOTE** A lot of the information I use to write this is taken from my game experience, but at the same time I did lots of reading on this forum and learned some good information from the PC users who post here. Thank you Dark Matters forum members for all your help and providing the XBOX360 and PS3 users your wisdom on everything Sacred 2.

Skill Selection:

Level 02 – Learn Tactics Lore, Tactics Lore (1 pt)

*Learning a new skill will not cost you a point. It starts at level 1, then you put another point into it.*

Level 03 – Learn Armor Lore, Tactics Lore (1 pt)

Level 04 – Tactics Lore (1 pt)

Level 05 – Tactics Lore (1 pt), Learn Dual Wield, Dual Wield (1 pt)

Level 06 – Dual Wield (2 pts)

Level 07 – Tactics Lore (1 pt), Dual Wield (1 pt)

Level 08 – Learn Death Warrior Focus, Death Warrior Focus (2 pts)

Level 09 – Death Warrior Focus (2 pts)

Level 10 – Tactics Lore (1 pt), Dual Wield (1 pt)

Level 11 – Tactics Lore (1 pt), Dual Wield (1 pt)

Level 12 – Learn Concentration, Tactics Lore (1 pt), Dual Wield (2 pts)

Level 13 – Tactics Lore (1 pt), Dual Wield (1 pt), Armor Lore (1 pt)

Level 14 – Armor Lore (3 pts)

Level 15 – Tactics Lore (2 pts), Dual Wield (1 pt)

Level 16 – Tactics Lore (1 pt), Dual Wield (2 pts)

Level 17 – Tactics Lore (2 pts), Dual Wield (1 pt)

Level 18 – Learn Malevolent Champion Focus, Malevolent Champion Focus (3 pts)

Level 19 – Malevolent Champion Focus (1 pt), Death Warrior Focus (1 pt), Dual Wield (1 pt)

Level 20 – Malevolent Champion Focus (2 pts), Death Warrior Focus (1 pt)

Skill at Level 20 (hard points):

Tactics Lore: 15

Dual Wield: 15

Death Warrior Focus: 7

Malevolent Champion Focus: 7

Armor Lore: 5

Concentration: 1

You will have 4 more skills to pick as you level up. You can go any direction from here, picking up some offensive, defensive or even some general skills if you wish. The basic skills are already taken and will provide a good foundation for future skills.

Basic Combat Arts needed to get started:

Demonic Blow (1 rune only) Combo with SS

+MOD+ Wounding > Poisoning > Trauma

Scything Sweep (1 rune only) Combo with DB

+MOD+ Force > Intent > Rage

Grim Resilience [buff 1] (read as many runes with out hitting the Death Warrior Focus penalty)

+MOD+ Rejuvenation > (“user preference”) > Safeguard

Frenzied Rampage (1 rune only) (Keep alone or use in Combo slot by it self)

+MOD+ Double Attack > Double Strike > Envenom

Reflective Emanation [buff 2] (read as many runes with out hitting the Malevolent Champion Focus penalty)

+MOD+ Backlash > Anti Magic > Riposte

Other useful Combat Arts combos:

Rousing Command + Killing Spree combo

Regen time – about 60+ seconds

Augmenting Guidon + Skeletal Fortification “Bone Tower” combo

Regen time – about 22 to 30 seconds

*read as many runes of each as you wish, pay attention to the regen times!!

Fighting

Use Grim Resilience buff as soon as you get it, and when you reach level 12 put on Reflective Emanation. Keep both of them up. Alternate attacks between DB+SS combo and Frenzied Rampage, both work great vs single or group of mobs. FR deals a string of attacks and has a much longer animation than the DB+SS combo. Once FR is triggered it will keep on attacking the same target until it dies then move on to the next target in range (sometimes this range is pretty long!). With high Tactics and Dual Wield most mobs take 1 or 2 hits, which will easily kill off multiple mobs during just one cast of FR. It works great as Area of Effect only if you hit hard enough to kill quickly. DB+SS combine a very strong single target attack and add a standard Area of Effect attack to it. The Area of Effect for this combo is different than FR because the damage is dealt instantly to all. So if you have 3 mobs, they all get hit at same time, while FR alternates between them. Also FR will look for target all around the character while the DB+SS combo sometimes only hit targets in front of the character. Try to equip 1 or 2 items with the life leech bonus; this in combination with your Grim Resilience buff will save you many potions. Since at low levels there are very few +all skill items, I just socket everything (weapons and armor) with blacksmith “whet”. They add +dmg% and +attack%. This will give high damage and very accurate attacks.

As you find better rings/amulets socket them instead… but whets will do just fine at low levels.

Good luck and I hope this helps a few Shadow Warriors out there!

-MantisPR

Edited by MantisPR
  • Like! 1

For the Grim resiliance and the Reflective emination you say to read as many runes without hitting the DWF or MCF penalty.

How do you know if you hit the penalty?

And if you have hit the penalty can you redeem yourself from said penalty?

Thanks. Great info sheet.

Look at Death Warrior Focus and Malevolent Champion Focus skill detail. On there it will say your max spell level. The higher these skills the higher you can bump up the respected buffs with out much penalty.

If you read lots of runes already then just leveling up your character and putting points into DWF and MCF will lower the penalty. You can also equip some +skill ring/amulets or other gear to increase those skills.

The reason to keep a nice balance between your combat art level and your skill level is to keep the regeneration times down. The higher your are over the penalty the longer your combat arts will take to regen.

Hope that helps!

Edited by MantisPR

Quick question:

I'd prefer to use 2-handed swords instead of DW. What should I replace the 'Dual Wield' skill with? Maybe 'Sword Weapons'?

Great build by the way, I've always been a fan of this genre, getting Sacred 2 on Monday. Me and my bro are both struggling with planning our characters and this has helped a lot.

Thanks.

I know this is going to be a stupid question, but how do I have a shield and a sword at the same time? Just started the game on the PS3 and trying to figure things out.

Its the way all Shadow Warriors start. You can unequip or remove the selected item from your inventory screen. Select weapon or shield then hit triangle.

To equip a weapon + shield or two weapons at same time (w/ dual wield skill) you need to "slot" both item into same action slot. For PS3 you would select item with triangle, then you will see a picture of your face buttons; triangle, square, circle or x, assign the item to one of them or both item to same slot. Holding L2 and R2 while selecting will give you 4 more slot each to choose from. Make sure to unequip or remove your weapons or shield when trying out a new gear.

Good luck!

Edited by MantisPR
Quick question:

I'd prefer to use 2-handed swords instead of DW. What should I replace the 'Dual Wield' skill with? Maybe 'Sword Weapons'?

Great build by the way, I've always been a fan of this genre, getting Sacred 2 on Monday. Me and my bro are both struggling with planning our characters and this has helped a lot.

Thanks.

Yes sir! Just pick up Sword Weapon skill instead. (Halfted Weapons or Pole Arm skill if you want to specialize with those weapon types)

Stick with 1 weapon skill. So you wont have to spread your points between them.

Good luck!

Quick question:

Thanks.

Yes sir! Just pick up Sword Weapon skill instead. (Halfted Weapons or Pole Arm skill if you want to specialize with those weapon types)

Stick with 1 weapon skill. So you wont have to spread your points between them.

Good luck!

hey some quick question for you could I drop on of them buffs an get the summon ally one, im a full on noob reason im looking at this but while im sitting here looking at the game im just wondering should I take up one of the weapon specials ie duel wiled heafty I know you said the last four are up 2 us but I would very much like it if you could suggest some I dont wanner level an get 2 the harder difficults an find out I have fubared my char an have 2 start again lol, also attributes should I focuse on str stam vital.

p.s sorry about the spelling an bad grammer :bye:

Edited by Angry Slick
hey some quick question for you could I drop on of them buffs an get the summon ally one, im a full on noob reason im looking at this but while im sitting here looking at the game im just wondering should I take up one of the weapon specials ie duel wiled heafty I know you said the last four are up 2 us but I would very much like it if you could suggest some I dont wanner level an get 2 the harder difficults an find out I have fubared my char an have 2 start again lol, also attributes should I focuse on str stam vital.

p.s sorry about the spelling an bad grammer :)

Yes you can. If you plan to play mostly with Nether Allegiance buff (summon skeletons) I would recommend to also pick up the Astral Lord Focus skill so you can mod and use more nether allegiance runes.

One option is to put points into Concentration skill. To at least level 75. This will let you have all 3 buffs at same time, plus lower the regen time of all your Combat Arts. You could at level 75 have Tactics, Dual Wield (or another weapon's lore), and Concentration all at level 75 at same time!

02 Tactics Lore

03 Armor Lore

05 Dual Wield

08 Death Warrior Focus

12 Concentration

18 Malevolent Chamopion Focus (you can take Astral Lord Focus here if you plan to use the Nether Allegiance buff earlier)

25 Astral Lord Focus

35 Constitution (more hit points and hit point regeneration) At level 75 adds hit point regen during combat.

50 -open-

65 -open-

I picked Combat Discipline (I use lots of combos) and Thoughness at level 50 and 65. But other skills like Combat Reflexes, general skills, or taking a weapons lore and dual wield for the extra bonus effects would be fine too.

I have a Shadow Warrior that uses all 3 buffs. Its very fun to play. I am playing in Niob and things are going ok. Level 90 now. Since I am spliting my points up between 3 different focus I dont have any of them at a very high level. Im working on leveling up my constitution skill up now to at least 75 and maybe adding some more into armor lore for better protection since Niob level mobs hit hard!!

I've been spliting my points between STR/VIT for a long time. Now that im putting more points into the constitution skill I am putting all my attribute points into STR since I get HP from the skill. I did not put any points into stam. I have concentration to level 75, have points in all 3 focus skills, and my attack Combat Arts are all level 1's --My DB+SS combo is at 0.8 sec and FS is at 1.4 sec with all 3 buffs on. It works for me!

Modify to your liking.

Good Luck!

as many others I started with SW and went with your build.

now that I'm a litte more experienced I cant see a good reason to go sw over seraphim for a dual wielder and my SW )3rd one now) is still DW but also with 4 skel's running with me so if I get in trouble I can cast shadow thingy and hide while I drink a potion/regen without the boss im fighting regening its health back as well.

so my question is if your just DW melee what advantages do SW have over seraphim with their shield and extra att from dashing thingy?

also want to thank you cause although he's now dead and buried(no HC on 360 but still delete my chars once they die)I definitely learnt a lot about the mechanics of Sacred 2 from your guide

as many others I started with SW and went with your build.

now that I'm a litte more experienced I cant see a good reason to go sw over seraphim for a dual wielder and my SW )3rd one now) is still DW but also with 4 skel's running with me so if I get in trouble I can cast shadow thingy and hide while I drink a potion/regen without the boss im fighting regening its health back as well.

so my question is if your just DW melee what advantages do SW have over seraphim with their shield and extra att from dashing thingy?

also want to thank you cause although he's now dead and buried(no HC on 360 but still delete my chars once they die)I definitely learnt a lot about the mechanics of Sacred 2 from your guide

Happy to hear the guide was some use to you and it helped you learn a few things about the game. That really is the basic purpose of this guide. Jump into the game and for 20 levels you will have your first skills planned out for you. Of course the ultimate goal is to use what you learned and to use that to make a build that fits your style.

Wish I could provide you with a good answers for your seraphim vs SW Duel Wield question. I have started a DW seraphim my self but since she is also setup as my bargaining and ep character I would hate to compare the two. I do enjoy playing the seraphim and she shows great potential. Let me know how the seraphim is working for you.

I have 2 SW. Both follow this build when starting then brach out differently after that.

90 SW uses 3 buffs and its my first character, has 4 deaths. plays in Niob. points spread out thru many skills.

40 SW 2 buffs only, no death in Gold. I have more points into Armor Lore and into my Focus skills to improve my 2 buffs. points are more concentrated. Has blacksmith and EP but at very low levels.

Will be making a new SW with same start and then selecting and increasing my defensive skills mostly...see how that goes.

Is there a way to show my current build?

How to show your build out of game? Nope. Basic information to provide if you want others to critique your build would be:

Your 10 skill choices with hard points in each.

How have you split up your attribute points. (str/vit?)

Maybe a small description of your playstyle or what your trying to accomplish.

Here are 3 different paths you can take after following the starting guide.

SKILL PATH 1----------------------------SKILL PATH 2---------------------------SKILL PATH 3

Tactics Lore-------------------------132 Tactics Lore------------------------125 Tactics Lore-------------------------140

Armor Lore---------------------------75 Armor Lore------------------------ 100 Armor Loe----------------------------75

Dual Wield--------------------------- 75 Dual Wield---------------------------75 Dual Wield--------------------------- 75

Death Warrior Focus---------------132 Death Warrior Focus----------------75 Death Warrior Focus--------------- -75

Concentration------------------------75 Concentration------------------------ 1 Concentration------------------------- 1

Malevolent Champion Focus-------132 Malevolent Champion Focus-------75 Malevolent Champion Focus------- -75

Astral Lord Focus-------------------- 75 Combat Reflexes------------------100 Blacksmith--------------------------200

Constitution-------------------------- 75 Constitution------------------------100 Enhanced Perception-------------- 200

Combat Discipline------------------- 75 Toughness------------------------- 100 Constitution--------------------------75

Toughness----------------------------75 Spell Resistance---------------------75 <open>--------------------------------1

Total 921---------------------------------Total 826---------------------------------Total 917

Free Points 0 ---------------------------- Free Points 95 --------------------------Free Points 4

Path 1 -- This road will let you use 3 buffs at same time, and still keep a very low regeneration time for your combat arts. Give all mods in Death and Malevolent focus arts, and 9 in astral lord which is enough to mod 3 CA all the way. You can play as an invisible SW with shadow veil fully moded and let your skeletons do the work for you. You can mod your buffs to extend to your party if you wish. This is not a pure summoner build so dont keep this killing machine invisible all the time. :) With combat discipline you can combo up to 4 Combat Arts together and it will provide a nice damage bonus to your combos. Basically look at your skeletons as a moving Area of Effect, some extra damage to go in hand with your melee.

Path 2 -- Following this road will give you a defensive build. Keeping concentration at 1 will save you many points and let you increase the other defensive skills. You will still be able to completely mod both death and malevolent focus arts. The remaining 95 points can be used to increase defensive skills even higher! This path follows many of Kaiden's tips on skill point allocation. Kaiden's guide can be found here: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9615

Path 3 -- The General Skills road! I know that blacksmith is not working on ps3/xbox360 but I'm sure it will get fix later on. This will be my max blacksmith / ep setup. Riding or some other general skills can be picked up instead.

Good luck!

Edited by MantisPR

Cool build guide so far its the only one I understand lol :P I will use this guide :D

Edited by gogoblender:

I'm sorry BenC1993, but I had to remove your last post from this topic... please watch the double posting as per our rules, as it bumps threads unnecessarily. The smileys you put in were cool though so I brought them over here for you ^^

:D :D

• 8 months later...

Sorry for necroing this thread. I've just started playing and there is something I don't understand here. This guide says to invest all my first points into Tactics then take Dual Wield at 5. How is this possible?

s2dualwield.jpg

I am supposed to invest 5 points into either Swords, Hafted or Polearms before I can take dual-wielding, aren't I?

• 3 weeks later...

One tiny question.

Your build helps me alot, but I'm wondering whether taking enhanced perception, astral lord focus and combat discipline would be a good choice, since I don't know whether enhanced perception is that good in a build like this

• 4 weeks later...
Basic Combat Arts needed to get started:

Demonic Blow (1 rune only) Combo with SS

+MOD+ Wounding > Poisoning > Trauma

ok I added ONLY 1 point to it, and Demonic Blow's damage was half that of my normal attack, and when I added 15 points to it, which was the max level I could up it to, the damage was still 15% less than my normal attack. is this supposed to happen? is this skill not a boss killer?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys....im not sure this forum still has active members on it but its worth a shot....ive used thi build all the way up to level 20, hope you dont mind !....but im finding it difficult to decide where to put my skill points....from level 0-20 the guide helps me..... but im obviously new to this game and was wodering if anyone could help me decide where to put the points for higher levels.....for example...

level 21- 1point into tactics lore and 3 into duel weild....

level 22 - """""

if you get me at all ....

be VERY VERY much appreciated :)