Better physical armor

During my adventures fighting off the kobold I hear my SW always complain about how he needs better protection against physcial attacks. Just started a new game on silver and I'm level 17 right now and I have armor lore has my fifth skill and I think my armor lore skill is around 7. I'm not sure what my overall armor rating is right now; but I have pretty good armor. (I think) from the detail I have high armor mostly two stars and a couple 1 star stuff.

Also I can only assume that most of the SW character use the CA demonic blow. So was sondering what your avg. regen. time for the skill was? I think my demonic blow is around level 3 with a 3.7 regen time

Well you are a step ahead of me. I just started to play the game and I am level 9. I am still trying to figure out when the use the combat points and when you ever get set pieces or what ever it is. Still not sure on everthing yet and is there a certain area that you are suppose to start at? these question and many more, hope fully I will learn the game or least how to play it correctly somewhere down the line.

The reason you are getting the phrase "I need better protection from physical damage" is two fold. One the game is letting you know you are taking damage and the second is the damage type (not magic, fire, etc). You can take a look at your damage type in your character screen to see what type of damage you are defending against. I have received that notice when getting pounced on by 10-15 kobolds all doing about 1 hp each hit. Nothing major for 3K in HP, but the game saw fit to clue me into the fact that I was getting hit. I have also had my HP cut in half with one blow and my toon stay silent. He may have been in shock :o

Stars on your armor is a good indicator of the quality of the item you are looking at, but its not the be all end all of if the item is good. If you have a level 5 2star armor with 25 points of protection and a level 20 1star armor with 150 points of protection, the level 20 is going to shine. You can and should look at the stars and the stats to get an over all idea of what you are protecting yourself with. Another thing to consider is the total armor you have. You may be taking hits in an under defended area like the arms, legs, shoes, head, etc. It is a lot to look at I know, but managing your toon is part of the fun of this game.

Your armor lore helps you to equip higher level armor without getting a penalty (regen and speed), it also allows you to unlock specific bonuses on armor that is there but not available without the armor lore skill. There are many bonuses associated with different skills. When you look at the stats on an item and see a bonus in red, that means you have not unlocked that bonus because you do not have that skill as of yet. It will tell you to the right of the bonus what skill it is associated with.

I hope this has helped :)