... a number that long is too long for me to remember ....

All my passwords look like that, don't yours!? I have different passwords for every online place I visit and they're all different. Isn't that the best way to make sure we're safe?

Yeah it is, well at least it is for you and me. ;)

And I like how it is now, much faster loading times. :)

Edited by Arafinwe
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is starting to get silly. This happened on 8 June, so I changed my password. Now it's happened again. What the heck is going on?

respectfully,

fleet

Its some issues with the data base Fleet. Some changes are in the making and some test runs are being done so this may happen from time to time till we are done. :4rofl:

This is starting to get silly. This happened on 8 June, so I changed my password. Now it's happened again. What the heck is going on?

respectfully,

fleet

Sorry Fleet, the site's getting overwhelmed these days. We're doing our best to make sure we can keep everything maintained. Shouldn't be much longer as we re-organize ourselves in the face of the Uber Growth Onslaught!

:(

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I come to this site, it says my login info is incorrect and makes me go through all these carzy steps and reset my password. I wont be coming back untill this is fixed im sick and tired of going through the steps and creating a new password, then changing that password to something thats not 9jf8tja4dmy8dhnds. This is rediculous. Please fix this glitch with your website. Thats why I havent been on in a while .

Lets exercise a little restraint here.

The moderators are here and , I'm sure will be more than happy to address your issue.

If you could use some civility.

Threats most likely will not get many responses to your problem.

Edited by Schot
Merged from another topic
Yea, I think your probably the only one having this problem.

Also, future tip, don't write stupid passwords that you can forget :drunkards:

Which is why theres a thread titles "login issues" because im the only one. And I have just noticed that it only happens when im logging in from a diferent PC than I normally loggin from. , of course I use an easily rememberd password its my dogs name with my favorite number at the end so kinda hard to froget it.

Awh SoulReaver978. I really wish you had sent me a message after the third time. :drunkards: To my knowledge it hasn't been a problem in a while nor have I heard from anybody stating this is a problem. I apologize for your frustration as I can certainly understand how annoying that would be. Rest assured that if someone is having difficulty here myself and the rest of the team are always happy to help. To be honest I do not know why we had the log in trouble when it started weeks ago but I do know that for some people I personally reset their passwords which seemed to resolve things.

Feel free to send me a new password. Perhaps if I reset yours via my admin controls then it won't happen again. Of course if you should happen to get locked out again you're welcome to email me about it. :drunkards:

schot at darkmatters dot org

P.s.

On a side note please try to remain calm. There are times where it's hard to keep our emotions under control and at those times it's best to take a break before posting. On the other hand... When responding to an angry post please be considerate folks and try to focus more on helping and less on accusations. "grumpy" and "stupid passwords" for example only fuel the fire.

Awh SoulReaver978. I really wish you had sent me a message after the third time. :drunkards: To my knowledge it hasn't been a problem in a while nor have I heard from anybody stating this is a problem. I apologize for your frustration as I can certainly understand how annoying that would be. Rest assured that if someone is having difficulty here myself and the rest of the team are always happy to help. To be honest I do not know why we had the log in trouble when it started weeks ago but I do know that for some people I personally reset their passwords which seemed to resolve things.

Feel free to send me a new password. Perhaps if I reset yours via my admin controls then it won't happen again. Of course if you should happen to get locked out again you're welcome to email me about it. :drunkards:

Thanks and I do apologize for the harsh title of this post, I would never not come back, lol you should probably not post in anger, lol becausae you will type the first things that pop into your head.

Schot... Put seemed to have trouble earlier today logging on, wanted to know if FDM was down (was around 10:30ish or so). I'm wondering if he had that issue too. I stay logged in all the time so only got caught by those IF someone asked me to test it.

Thanx SoulReaver. I appreciate your patience and understanding. :drunkards: Since this is directly related to the Login Issues topic I'm going to merge this one with it which should resolve the problem regarding the title of this topic, lol.

@Zin: Oh that's bad news... I wonder if we're being hit with this problem again. This issue we're having is a deceptive since for those who have their accounts here set to auto login, "remember me" option, it is a bit difficult to catch. It only appears when we log out and then try to log back in. For those who don't auto login it will happen to them first. I'll see if the problem has returned and if so then I guess we have a serious problem. Either bad cookie settings server side or perhaps, dare I say it, a corrupted database. If anyone is not able to log or has had to reset their password yesterday/today then please let me know via pm or email.

P.s.

I just logged out and back in without any problems. If this problem has returned then it seems it hasn't affected everyone.

I was at work when both sites went down.

They didn't go down because of bandwidth issues, however, but for max server connections (Ah, the price of being popular ^^)

This has to do with latency, and with the value of throughput our hoster will allow for the package we have bought for the sites. If continued multiple hits keep up, the sites will have more blackouts until the number of our connections satisfies what we are entitled to, or how quickly the server can re-balance itself without too much cost to the other sites we share the server with. We may be looking at a jump to a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or Dedicated Server to not only have enough bandwidth for the reads, but the ability to handle thousands of readers on at once

:)

gogo

I had some problems recently with the wiki. Seems that my passwords got out of synch, I suppose. I had the site problem a while ago and went the auto reset then manual reset to put my pw back. Site login was fine, but the wiki didn't know me. I did the auto reset again, and now both accept me as I am. Think I will let well enough alone.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any trouble logging in anymore after changing my password but I do have a slightly different problem.

The site never remebers my login which means every time I come here I have to log back in. I've tried clearing cookies but that didn't help.

Not a huge problem, more of a little niggle :thumbsup:

This happens on my PC and my phone.

Anyone else getting this?

Heya Dobster

Regarding cookies, did you also change your firefox profile if you're using that for a browser? It's kind of tricky, and just deleting cookies won't change it. It's been a cure for some log in issues here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=6813908

Origiinal post was this one here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7227

:thumbsup:

gogo

Hey gogo, thanks for the link.

I'm using windows 7 though with IE 8, no idea if it has profiles the same as firefox or how to find them :thumbsup:

I guess I'll leave it as it is, just wondered if there was a quick fix, as I said above it's not that much of a problem really.

Thanks,

Dobs

Might want to double check if IE8 is set to clear your cookies/cache at end of session, some browsers have that as a default for some reason.

I had something a little weird happen just now...I visited the site via my laptop at work (slow work day :gogo: ) and I couldn't access the home page as a 'guest'. It said I had to log in first. I logged in and everything was fine, but thought it was weird I couldn't view forum as a guest.

Hey Knuckles

I'm working on the permission sets and masks for the site and Wiki. The sets we have in place are getting complicated, and we're trying to cut down on a few. It's going to to be up and going soon.

:gogo:

gogo

Yeah! Thought I'd been struck off for being away too long. Relieved to see this thread.

Went through the routine yesterday and came back to my original password.