• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys. It's not all that attractive but I think for the sake of everyone's sanity we can afford to keep it up for a while. I think we'll keep it there for about a week. In the meantime I'm going to look at updating the log in page to incorporate the message I put at the top of the forum.

P.s.

I'll also see about making that message at the top of the forum only visible to guests.

P.p.s.

Ok, the login banner notice is now only visible to guests. :)

Just out of curiosity guys....why is this happening?

I have had to request my password a couple times over the last month.

Now I would fully understand if you wanted to ban me (many have tried but many have failed) :D but that cant be it because;

1. I eventually I get to log back in,

and

2. others are experiencing the same problem

Is it something to do with the software the forum is using? :)

EDIT:

okay....now this is getting just downright frustrating.

After having to reapply for another password and finally successfully getting it and logging on, I go away for an hour or so and come back and I have to do it all again!

Come on.......what the flipping heck is going on?! :sigh:

Edited by stubbie

Came across this problem and the password was indeed not working anymore. I always let firefox remember the username and password,so it's a one time click to log in.

I've done the step of "forgot the password" and the new one was send. Right after that changed the password into the one I used before and everything works normal again. I hadn't to update firefox to let it work.

The stored username and password still work. The reset did the trick. Seems like there is a problem in the database. Something is missing.

I'm glad the solution worked out smoothly for you candesco and I appreciate your understanding tone. I really wish I knew for certain where the problem was coming from but I've had the thought sometimes. That our database is problematic. One other possibility is that there may be a glitch in our forum software version. I've read here and there that our particular version has a bit of a track record for having login problems... I'll be looking at that as soon as I can but it's going to take some time. The latest version of our forum implements HUGE changes that I need to prepare for...

In the meantime I'll make sure this topic remains very visible to who ever is not logged in. Probably in the forum of a Guest only message banner as it is now.

I'm glad the solution worked out smoothly for you candesco and I appreciate your understanding tone. I really wish I knew for certain where the problem was coming from but I've had the thought sometimes. That our database is problematic. One other possibility is that there may be a glitch in our forum software version. I've read here and there that our particular version has a bit of a track record for having login problems... I'll be looking at that as soon as I can but it's going to take some time. The latest version of our forum implements HUGE changes that I need to prepare for...

In the meantime I'll make sure this topic remains very visible to who ever is not logged in. Probably in the forum of a Guest only message banner as it is now.

Eh... Seems hard work to do, good luck Schot !

A big coffee for you. :D