Character Quest Articles - G&E

Alright, so I've been working my way through the character quests for (good and evil) H.E., Dryad, Temple Guardian, and hopefully the rest soon.

However. I have observed that, while the quest titles for each character specific good/evil quest may be the same at times, the actual content of the quest is different (usually, you kill the person if you're evil).

For editing the wiki articles, I was wondering if I should just split the article good/evil, or if I should note the evil quest in notes, or what.

Thanks!

~Jaggy

Actually, IMHO is better to make a different page for each quest. Just put each quest name to each page. If the quest names are the same for Light and Shadows, then you can make the names different by using the following:

• Quest Name (Light) for light (good) version
  • Quest Name (Shadows) for shadows (evil) version

If you have any doubt about it, please ask, so we can discuss it and give you a solution.

Btw, nice job with the char quests! But I miss the SW ones though... :gun2:

Zeno :oooo:

Slayer and me have discussed a number of times about how to manage light/shadows quests, and finally it has ended in better we begin to sort links (a little of order in the quests page) before it gets too big to manage it. At the moment I've prepared some small tests just to allow everyone to get an idea of how it would be if it was done this or that way. You can see this examples in my user page (here), under section 3.

Another thing that could be done is to take links together to other pages; that means having a new page for chain quests listing, another for side quests, and so on. So take a look at what I've thinked and done in my page and write here what do you think about it so we can all discuss about it. I'm looking forward your opinions!

Cheers,

Zeno :4rofl:

Hmm, so you're thinking basically as it is now, but just with the "(Shadows)" tags?

^-- We should make sure we have a uniform way of tagging light/shadow articles, so we don't have some saying "Shadow," "Dark," "Evil," etc. At least, I think that would be a good idea x:

I like the way the main quest top part of the quests page is laid out; it looks nice, and it makes sense. But I like the idea of "Gardens Of The Seraphim (Light / Shadows)" etc. (I was looking at section 2) too. Maybe if we keep the top organization all the way down through the chapters, and have the alignment quest versions in the same column? (I have a feeling that's what you were doing)

That'd be pretty cool, I think :3

I'm having some problems finding the quest I need hekp with.

Which quest is it? Not all of them have articles yet x:

Usually you can just search the wiki with the name of the quest; or even the page.

Hmm, so you're thinking basically as it is now, but just with the "(Shadows)" tags?

Well, actually I'm thinking on restructuring the Side Quests list only. But it may be appliable and extendable to other sections. Anyway I've already discussed with someone it would be cleaner to move each section to a new different page (one for side quests, one for chain quests, one for character specific, and so on), basically to avoid having a huge collection of huge lists all together in the same page.

Btw, I like both options 1 and 3... maybe we could arrange a mixing! :wow:

Cheers,

Zeno :bye:

Here is the modification of Zeno's first idea, which was written in text above Idea 1 as a possible change.Option 1 Modified

Anyway I've already discussed with someone it would be cleaner to move each section to a new different page (one for side quests, one for chain quests, one for character specific, and so on), basically to avoid having a huge collection of huge lists all together in the same page.

That sounds like a good idea.

Edited by Slayer89

@Slayer: *nodnod* I like that :3

I like the idea of splitting pages, too, though; it is a pretty extensively long page x:

Like all side quest.Should I only do side quest?

When is a good time to do the main quest?

Most people do the main quest, and then the side quests, or the side quests along the way x:

Hmm? Could you elaborate a little?

You mean the whole program? I suppose it would depend on the type you're playing on; I'm on a PC, but it might be different on a console. On PC you can play with as many characters as you want.

Yeah I'm a lone wolf Gamer its cool though cuz I can blow and go faster than most people on my ps3 so im good ya heard anyways im working my way through shadow warrior light right now then im going through shadow campaign im taking notes so I should be able to help out in the sw area peace FLIP