Hell Hound in the Maze

So as I was playing along the Character Quests for the Shadow Warrior this morning, I noticed that if you spawn from a resurrection shrine in the dragon caves/maze/whatever-else-in-that-hell-hole-tunnel-network your hell hound spawns next to the resurrection shrine and you can ride on him all through the underground. Super nice! You can't call him back if you lose him, unfortunately, but if you quit and re-load, sure enough, there he sits at the res. shrine.

I'm pretty sure that this has never happened with any of my other characters (Ie. High Elf), but I suppose it would make some sense that you could ride a hell hound through, well, pretty much "Hell."

Anyways, I wasn't entirely sure if this was a bug or not, but it was a cool find that I hadn't noticed anyone else posted about yet.

Ciao!

~Jaggy

Ah, ps - Note that this only works in single player! Resurrection shrines don't work in Multiplayer ;p

Edited by JaguarGal

You can do this for any cave (learned it from MyLittlePony the horse master)

1. Ride until entrance, your char will come off automatically and enter the cave

2. Get back out, then CLICK on your mount

3. you'll enter and be seated on your mount but you can't move normally

4. dismount & remount and now you can move

VOILA A MOUNT IN A CAVE

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

Interesting~

But it also sounds like a fair amount of work and like it would be fidgety 3: I only say this because I don't know how many times I've had the issue of NOT being able to get on my mount because of triggering the cave (so frustrating!).

Interesting~

But it also sounds like a fair amount of work and like it would be fidgety 3: I only say this because I don't know how many times I've had the issue of NOT being able to get on my mount because of triggering the cave (so frustrating!).

Yea it can be tricky, also make sure you park your mount more to the left or right of a cave, so you have space to get out of the cave.

It doesn't work on every cave, havent tested all but works on most of em (I had to do it with my Rider seraphim cuz a rider without a horse ain't a rider :paladin: )

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

My mount stuck me in a cave loop in the swamps, just south of the final mist fight, I kept going int the cave spawning too close to the entrance, then automaticly exiting the cave, spawning me too close to the entrance because my Tiger was in the way of a proper exit, loading me in and out over and over again, and I had just picked up a pretty good unique without a save so I had to try to load the map and hit a teleport in about .5 seconds .... it took about 20 mins I was a little angry...

You don't have to dismount inside a cave if you have a jumping CA. One word of caution, in bigger caves if you ride too far, your screen will go black and only way to correct is to F12 back to island. Most caves are fairly easy to get mount into. Only ones I have prob with is the ones that like like a broken tower or ones that have a gate a few feet in front of actual entrance