Damage or Defense

Hi, I'm playing Sacred2 on the ps3 and I've been gathering gears up to the point that now I want to make a SW. I've been wondering what was the general opinion of the melee SW, more damage built or more def build?

For the defense build I was really interested in a build similar to Kaiden's build http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9615

I wouldn't be sure to go with DW or a weapon choice...

As for the damage build I was going for something with

Tactic Lore

Combat Discipline

Concentration

DWF

MCF

AL

(DW or wep choice... still trying to figure out the best choice for better dps)

Constitution

Toughness (not sure if I take toughness or spell resistance... haven't reached platinum or niob yet so I'm not sure)

For the last skill I was wondering either speed lore, enhanced perception or riding but I don't know if riding is good enough since I only use unique mounts...

As for the skill order I'm not sure yet... also I plan on getting all skills at 75 except for concentration that I just want to put 1 point to get 2 buffs

Also I plan on wearing Armantin's Legacy...

For the attributes I'd put about 250 in str and 151 in vit (optimal)

Let me know what you guys think... I don't have enough game play experience on higher difficulties so I'm ready for any insightful comments!

Edited by Borris

Hi and Welcome :(

If you're using Grim Resilience and Reflective Emanation, then your defense will be fine. If not I would suggest getting Combat Reflexes with last pick and pick Spell Resist over Toughness.

As for melee damage. I really haven't found anything better than Dual Wield + Frenzied Rampage. It will target enemies further away from you than either Demonic Blow or Scything Sweep.

Don't forget that Concentration also helps with regen of all Combat Arts so you might want more points in it than just the one you plan on now

As for the 3 skills you listed as possible last selection:

Riding - increasing it's level will reduce regen malus for the associated Aspect

Speed Lore - If you're having troubles hitting enemies or being hit too much, then this skill is good. But you can get the same results with mods like 'chance to evade' and 'chance enemies cannot evade'

EP - Since the SW doesn't get Bargaining, this is the only good way to increase your chances at getting good gear. And since you want a full Armantin's this skill would be your best chance at finding it (without muling/trading)

Thanks for the replies so far,

I'll change toughness for spell resistance and as for the last skill I guess I'll see in due time...

Now I just need to figure whats the best between polearm or dual wield... (was also wondering if the SW set with the 2 rings and Axe would make enough damage later on...)