Sig and Avatar Request Template?

The amount of creativity on the boards lately has been fantastic. We've got a small group of workers working away furiously to make members' ideas come to life. We appreciate all of the work, your time and your talent. I was thinking about a Template to help you narrow down what you would like from folks asking for avatars or sigs. Do you think this would help, or do you like the way it's running now?

If you think a template would work, please pm me what you have, or post it here in this topic and we'll offiacilize it by making it a stickie and refer all members who ask for help with images to make sure they put the template in their request.

Cheers!

:hugs:

gogo

Template :hugs:

Everything needs to be in Av/Sig too.

And also no posting in other's threads so I can find them all

:(

~Doom

^-- Heh, true enough; it's hard to find requests when they're buried!

By template, I'm thinking you just mean set sizes? I've just been working with the maximum size, a smaller size, and a medium size that I've seen in other peoples' sigs.

I could pm you those sizes, or just post them here :3

But really, either way, I'm good with whatever~ I'm doing fine right now, because I've already made templates on my computer 8D;

I guess by template I meant, what kind of questions do you want someone who is asking for a sig to produce in their request, so you have an easier time of getting a "feel" for them.

If you can come up with questions that help you "grok" what a person is looking for, we can make a template, and ask everyone to copy/answer it in their request.

This could give you much more information to work on, and would hasten the speed currently being used to "investigate" what a person is asking for.

Course...if you guys are fine with the way it's going so far with requests, and enjoy the process as it is, no worries then.

:blink:

gogo

Oh! You mean like a request form! That'd be awesome! I've got a template form that I use on my art shop on Gaia, if you'd like to take a look at that :3

I love that idea, though! It's kind of hard to get what exactly some people are looking for (or sometimes even close!).

If you can put up something for us? whatever you guys like. Think it through, go through the posts where you have done investigating with others regarding their sig /avy inquiries.

Once you have something you like, we'll put it up as a Stickied post, and refer everyone to it to have it copy/pasted into their posts when asking for help.

:)

gogo

Here's a general form that I've edited some, just for ideas:

Username:
Color Scheme?:
Size?: (Banner: ie, 95x30) (Icon: ie, 50x50, 100x100)
Image reference? (or general theme):
Text?:
Comments (Specific font, image used, effect, etc?):

Basically, one could fill out the necessaries they want, and then say N/A or Anything on the things that they don't care about. I left the Username bit in there, just so it's easy to copy and paste a request without trying to remember who it's for.

Also, I think, specifying for fonts, it should be noted somewhere that all fonts on DaFont are the options; if it's not on there, it might cost money, and no one wants to spend extra money on just icons/banners o:

There're some ideas, anyways!

~Jaggy

Edited by JaguarGal

Jaggy's scheme looks fine, but theme, or like the general idea can be enough aswell... doesent always need to be a image :Just_Cuz_21: gives the creater some freedom :P

@Erling: Well, that's why I put theme in that section too :4rofl:

I just find it nice when there's at least an example image they can give you for what they're looking for; I suppose it varies, though, and I can see where you're coming from x:

I guess in some ways I'm thinking to make it as open, but also as helpful as possible; some people have really specific ideas that they just don't have the technology to convey, but others just want something with a general thought. In that sense, having every field optional, except for defining the theme, would be nice :3

Edited by JaguarGal