Totem Only - Voodoo Build

But every other caster outshines the Dryad with killing power of spells.

Try looking up a video of an Acute Mind boosted Tangled Vines taking on a boss. I think Viper has one in his dual wield guide. Kral goes down in literally 2 seconds. I think the Dryad might actually be one of the most overpowered casters IMO ;)

Try looking up a video of an Acute Mind boosted Tangled Vines taking on a boss. I think Viper has one in his dual wield guide. Kral goes down in literally 2 seconds. I think the Dryad might actually be one of the most overpowered casters IMO ;)

No, no, I believe you. But doesn't every character seem to have a video or story like that? "Watch as I use <super-powered combat art> to kill <mega boss> in a matter of seconds!" :unsure:

Well I'll hold off making authoritative comments about the Dryad's power and just stick with "I'm not enjoying her much." :whistle:

No, no, I believe you. But doesn't every character seem to have a video or story like that? "Watch as I use <super-powered combat art> to kill <mega boss> in a matter of seconds!" :unsure:

Haha yes, that's why I wasn't sure about your comment earlier when you said the Dryad didn't have good casting potential :) Back to the topic of this build though, essjayehm has it right and probably the most experience with Dryads. Totem can be absolutely deadly and get you all the way through Niob, the problem is that it relies on another CA to function properly (Acute Mind). That's where I'd say some other classes outshine the Dryad; in that they can just be great spell casters right from the start. Try sticking with the build if you can for a few more levels or so and see if you change your mind? Just make sure you're playing a toon you like at the end of the day :D

• 3 years later...

Gotten up to level 107 in Fallen angel. Doing fine (mastered 4 skills) but foolishly neglected nature focus. Ate about 270 Acute mind runes yet its only around level 75 ;(

Still yet to get the elusive Gold scorp head, alot of grinding ahead.

Finally got a gold scorpion head! The double hits are awesome. No deathblow but got bonuses to vitality, defence and +10 totem.

Also thought for some reason damage x - x rings helped totem but not so.

Scorpion head was a game changer for me

A player here gave me his beloved very low level one, and all of a sudden fell in love with this class's aspect

it's super deep, specially with the pets!

:)

gogo

Glaurungs Head wasn't on the wiki - found it here

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21671-new-uniques-and-legendaries-brainstorming/page-10

Good stats - but the armour bonus seems like overkill TBH (Ancient bark is way overpowered as it is)

alas I play Fallen Angel - I'll eventually play the CM patch - I figure UnBended won't be out for a couple of years

The thing is if the shrunken head behaves like the other yellow dragon heads, then I would probably stick with the Scorp'. The scorpion hits twice, and seems a bit more aggressive. The Minotaur is great but a tad slow in comparison and dragons are fickle in how they attack. They'll wander around then suddenly sprint over - a couple of seconds later than you wanted them too.