Totem Only - Voodoo Build

@Viper: used your guide as blueprint- thx :)

The Totem Dryad!

I tried a new Dryad(thx Sparks for the idea). tested in SP level 65/200. Started yesterday in closed-hc. level 31 in gold

#1: Attributes.

- Strength: 0%

- Stamina: 0%

- Vitality: 0%

- Dexterity: 0%

- Intelligence: 100%

- Willpower: 0%

#2: Skills.

-Cabalistic Voodoo Lore 200

-Nature Weaver Lore 75

-Cabalistic Voodoo Focus 75

-Nature Weaver Focus 75

-Ancient Magic 75

-Combat Discipline 75

-Shield Lore 75

-Concentration 75

-Armor Lore75

-Constitution 75

---------------------------------

875 Points

#3: Combat Arts and Modifications.

Aspect: Cabalistic Voodoo

- Malicous Totem . Read only 1 rune Use Shrunkenheads to push the damage

*Bronze: Solid

*Silver: Pointed

*Gold: Expert

- Moribund Animus Read as many runes as possible and watch at your Totem reg-time(7-8sec)

*Bronze: Malice

*Silver: Elevation

*Gold: Headhunter

- Black Curse. Keep @ focus penalty levelOnly for bosses

*Bronze: Porous

*Silver: Elongate

*Gold: Dispel

Aspect: Nature Weaver

- Acute Mind. Keep @ focus penalty level or higher. You can pump this ca with lots of runes.

*Bronze: Proficiency

*Silver: Insight

*Gold: Easiness (This is the mod that reduces the regen time for every ca used)

- Tangled Vines. Read only 1 rune. Use gear mods to increase ca level. Only for bosses

*Bronze: Tendrils

*Silver: Singe

*Gold: Intent

- Goldenglade Touch. Keep @ focus penalty level

*Bronze: Flow

*Silver: Persevere

*Gold: Diligence

- Ancient Bark. Read as many runes as possible without going over 50-60% regen penalty.

*Bronze: Rugged

*Silver: Divert

*Gold: Invigorate

#4: Weapons and Armor.

*Weapon of choice: Tinwora's Curse/ Shield of Mirrors Bossruns: Stalwoth safeguard or a good yellow shield

*Armor of choice: Daerwains revenge / Tendils of Time and Shoulders of the Forest

*Rings/Amulets: +All Skills, experience/Deathblow

*Equip for the Buffs: Gear with all skills and max sockets Amuletts all CA- I use this gear only to cast Ancient Bark and Moribund Animus

*Shrunken HeadsBuff: I prefer the scorpion King

#5: Playstyle

*Mod Ancient Bark first

*Stay away from fire damage. With bark on you take 20% more fire damage.

*Deathblow is very important.

*The first levels you've to kill with your weapon

*Stay away from mobs with reflect. Totem will be reflec too

*cast your Totem--> activate acute Mind

#6: Videos. Work in Progress (I will be posting new videos as soon as possible)

first look level 31

d4138-4.jpg

Edited by gogoblender

Nice work Chrona.

The Gatling is working great. I can see this being superbly useful versus bosses as well...and since each hit isn't too much, no worries about reflection...unless you get it REALLY high :)

Questio...what are you using as your primary CA to kill monsters with...or are you actually using ONLY the totem?

:D

gogo

I've been wanting to try out a voodoo dryad with acute mind. :D Looks like a lot of fun and definitely something I'd like to try out sometime. Thx for the guide Chrona.

*Question:

Why do you cast the totem first and acute mind second?

*Question:

Why do you cast the totem first and acute mind second?

Duration Totem 27 sec

Duration Acute Mind 17 sec

I cast two totems now and then I cast Acute Mind

I'm in platin since level 58- 65 now. Got my last skill Constitution. I'll try to reach Niob with Level 75

I've a combo Malicous Totem+Goldenglade Touch regtime 8,4 sec

Moribund Animus: my Pet(scorpion king) is level 120- some monsters run away-lol

I have a build close to this I started with Dryad a few weeks ago Chrona. It's pure magic though, and she's using her Torment almost purely with totem and pet, almost no weps and cth... will post more info after I get back from work.

Are you hitting enemies with your wep as primary, or just using totem?

If just using Totem, then your choice of the mod for it regarding it's cool down looks like the winning choice.

Gulp

I may have to restart

:)

gogo

I have a build close to this I started with Dryad a few weeks ago Chrona. It's pure magic though, and she's using her Torment almost purely with totem and pet, almost no weps and cth... will post more info after I get back from work.

Are you hitting enemies with your wep as primary, or just using totem?

If just using Totem, then your choice of the mod for it regarding it's cool down looks like the winning choice.

Gulp

I may have to restart

:)

gogo

I wanted to like Twisted Torment. I really did. We just don't get along. Too little damage too slowly to only one target.

The double arrow mod for the SW's Skeletal Fortification is really what makes it effective (at least the way I play). It would be nice if the Totem had something similar. I guess that's why people have had success keeping their CA levels so low, so you can get as many Totems out at possible in a short time. With SF once you get two shots at once, it's like having two at the same time.

To turn this into a bargainer, which skill would be the best to drop for bargaining?

If you are playing the PC-version:

I would drop combat discipline and constitution. I play something similiar in PvP duels with backup after duels. I just took tactics instead bargaining.

02 alchemy

03 vodoo lore

05 bargaining

08 vodoo focus

12 concentration

18 shield lore

25 armour lore

35 nature focus

50 nature lore

65 ancient magic

The beginning is a bit tough. I would do all attribute points till level 65 in vitality. Socket vodoo runes with totem or animus. You will do life leech damage which will heal you and you assist your animus and totem. Socket some rings with enemy can't evade if you notice a dropping hitchance and therefor not enough healing through life leech. I wouldn't jump quickly to silver but do some trophy hunting in orc region for trollteeth trophies first.

You have alchemy: use the concentration potions when your totem regeneration time is still high.

You have alchemy: don't save your mentor potions for later, you will have enough of them later.

You have alchemy: Use roasted beef and healing potions in a mixed sequence. Healing potions loose power if quaffed too quickly after the last one.

Life become easy ones you get the nature spells and got used to alchemy.

You can kill a (non reflecting boss) with alchemy alone: Take a shuriken with x% life leech. Use trollteeth and leather hat trophies. You will have your attack value boosted by 1000% at alchemy 300 and +100% attack speed from these trophies. Even without tactic lore:

If your shuriken has 2% life leech and the Boss 500000 hitpoints:

Each of your hits does 10000 extra damage which can't be resisted and is healing you. Now add your animus and totems.....

A dryad with bargaining is a nice character to test alchemy since you need a left skill for unlocking it anyway.

Edited by chattius

This is very interesting chattius. I'd like to eventually try out Alchemy. Are the trollteeth and leather hat trophies then only thing you use besides concentration/mentors/health pots:)

This is very interesting chattius. I'd like to eventually try out Alchemy. Are the trollteeth and leather hat trophies then only thing you use besides concentration/mentors/health pots:)

All values for 300 alchemy:

Talisman in tough fights for 37.5% evade

If the character would have tactic lore skulls with 30% would be useful too. But criticals are useless if you do melee just for lifeleech.

In PvP I use:

Twigs to block root effects, if fighting dryads with my melee elf which needs mobility against nature dryads.

feathers to block ranged: not used with my elf because of fireskin

skulls: 30% more criticals....

iron ore: 3000 more physical armpur before % armour value is applied, my elf gets more than 20000 physical this way.

I did some stuff about alchemy in my hardcore-melee-elf guide which uses alchemy and bargaining to unlock it. Post 29 I think.

Chattius' guide for Hardcore-Alchemy-Melee-Elf

I wrote a Guide to Alchemy for the german forum and I am slowly translating it. The main problem is that most of the links in it are to builds in german language so I probably have to do a total rewrite.

Edited by chattius

@DTS: Do you mean the totem-only guide or the changes to insert bargaining?

I will answer for the bargaining part:

Alchemy will allow to throw shuriken at maximal speed and with a high hit chance. But you need trophies for alchemy. Trophies are like potions they are gone after using. So in difference to the dual wield build the alchemy is mainly planed in the totem-dryad to assist in boss hunts not for doing experience at normal mobs.

At bosses and champions with reflection:

• no reflection: The damage output of both will be high enough
  • melee reflection: dual wield has to reduce damage or use nature magic, alchemy-totem: totem, life leech shurikens, nature magic,...
  • ranged reflection: dual wield no problems, alchemy-totem: all, except that shuriken could be changed to life leech polearm or armour piercing sword
  • ca reflection: dual wield left clicks, alchemy-totem: left click shurikens with life leech
  • ca and melee reflection: dual wield: reduce damage, alchemy-totem: left click shurikens with life leech
  • melee and ranged reflection: both nature magics
  • all reflected: dual wield: reduce damage, alchemy-totem: try to debuff the reflection, reduce damage, better healing cause of alchemy

If you read how much I typed : 'has to reduce damage' you may understand that my main hardcore character, a melee-elf, has no weapon skill at all.

I do all in vitality and limit my damage to 40% of my hitpoints. So I am able to survive 2 of my reflected magic coups which has stray damage which can hit enemies you weren't aiming for. Double-Hits from a weapon-lore would add to the unpredictable amount of reflected damage.

The question shouldn't be which build does more damage, but can you do enough damage which isn't reflected.

Since I won't have much time playing this summer all my new character follow the better save than sorry route and use alchemy for more flexibility. Because I play hardcore and I wouldn't like nasty surprises in the Add-On.

• 3 weeks later...

wheres the love for viparish disease?

I am on gold atm just out of sloeford and with barbarian head I can get 50 or so kobolds and then cast viper and before you know it they all passing it onto each other and basically all that are constantly poisoned until not alive. its great fun and fairly effective unmodded so I would imagine modded would be a great secondary to this build, thoughts on this?

wheres the love for viparish disease?

I am on gold atm just out of sloeford and with barbarian head I can get 50 or so kobolds and then cast viper and before you know it they all passing it onto each other and basically all that are constantly poisoned until not alive. its great fun and fairly effective unmodded so I would imagine modded would be a great secondary to this build, thoughts on this?

yes :gogo: but I don't like this playstyle. I was looking for a pure totembuild

Interesting build. Any reason why you chose pure Int over a mix of Vit/Stam? AM gives quite a boost to Int so I always felt it wasn't needed.

I've barkskin and goldenglade- I don't need more Vit

AM boost my Int, but I can't cast AM all time- only late in the game (reg=duration ~level 150)

Interesting build. Any reason why you chose pure Int over a mix of Vit/Stam? AM gives quite a boost to Int so I always felt it wasn't needed.

I've barkskin and goldenglade- I don't need more Vit

AM boost my Int, but I can't cast AM all time- only late in the game (reg=duration ~level 150)

Good point. I've started out with Stamina to lower my regen times early on and will taper off to Int. See how that works.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm assuming that Acute Mind is boosting the damage? Or are you just using AM for the regen bonus?

Yes, AM boost the damage :P

Chrona, how high are you playing this build to now? Man, I'm so sad now that I chose the firing speed mod for the totem instead of regen... Doh!

And how does the build do against bosses?

:thumbsup:

gogo