Totem Only - Voodoo Build

I'm assuming that Acute Mind is boosting the damage? Or are you just using AM for the regen bonus?

Yes, AM boost the damage :)

Chrona, how high are you playing this build to now? Man, I'm so sad now that I chose the firing speed mod for the totem instead of regen... Doh!

And how does the build do against bosses?

:D

gogo

My toon is now 95 :) in niob

Bosses are easy... I cast three totems, acivate AM and grab my loot ;)

Totemdamage ~6k Reg ~7sec

Edited by Chrona

I done three levels today. Got new rings yesterday

It works great :)

Totem with AM 60k damage :pitcher:

soul level 193 the monsters run away, if they see my scorpionking

grunwalddragon level 120 niob dies in 5 sec

grunwald.jpg

Edited by Chrona
  • 3 weeks later...

im level 41 soon 42 I think I do around 2.5k to 3k now am level 35 and I can almost summon 3 totems now only thing I went with is stam/vit over int I can throw am pretty fairly and my totem+ggt combo is a great thing

love the build :blink: level 44 soon 45 and just finsihed the silver camp summoned 3 totems lured all 4 gaurdians in used cast and throw tecs activated am boom they were down :thumbsup:

and I know have a full voodoo SET!! even though that the guide says timer armor and forest shoulder :P

and she died duo to some annyiong lag when I bttle scorp boss suddenly the to scorp pets were at me wuff wuff dead no fun

Edited by Epox

well its just a game time to remake her :)

voodoo mama just one small change ti think Combat or SPell reflex would do nicely insted of Shield lore

well its just a game time to remake her :D

voodoo mama just one small change ti think Combat or SPell reflex would do nicely insted of Shield lore

hmmm,if you want to switch something:

shield lore mastery gives you blockchance!!

better you switch combat dicipline for spell resistance, but you only need spell resistance in a few situations...root/traps/bosses

combat reflexes: use 2-3 amus with chance to evade

• 4 weeks later...

I have been making a similar build to this but why do you have 75 or tell us to put 75 to Concentration? we dont need to have the third buff (Sinister Predator) as we dont attack. Best to keep it at 1 and let your items put it up (a few points wont hurt). It would be best to put more into the voodoo focus I think.

Also I have noticed you have Constitution, its best to have something like Magic staffs for the +skills INT ect.Your Goldenglade Touch+Ancient Bark is more than enough to survive. The Mod points could be used for Dust Devil to help out on bosses. One more thing...Use Edaphic Lances+Tangled Vine on bosses as it will own. I do like 7***k DMG per lance (17 Alltogether) and it kills bosses in 1 hit with Acute Mind running (im level 55 atm). So if on bosses cast you're Totems+AM then EL+TV and say bye bye. Hope this help future toons.

Lol I have just noticed you know about the EL on an other forum. Anyway it may help other people new to the game I suppose. And yes I know this is a Totem only build so if you dont want to use EL be my guest. I love the Dryad...so many strong builds all because Acute Mind rocks! best character I think.

@ Chrona

Ah ok I have not got to Niob yet lol as I keep making new characters and this build is only level 35 so far. I dont play HC so I dont mind if I die ( I switch off my ps3 quickly if I die anyway lol). You Know more than me so just ignore what I said. Thanks for the reply :P

Thanks for this build Chrona !

I really can't wait to give it a try :drool:

I hesitated between this one and Epox's one with Tangled Vine which looks quite fun to play to and with a great visual !

But I want a pet ! :bounce:

I have just 2 questions for now and not needed for my beginning :

1) why didn't you choose Fury gold mod for Animus ? Is it really useful to drop shrunken heads more often when you already have the pet you want ?

2) Did you choose the physical damage silver mod for the Totem because of the bronze mod of Black Curse, Porous ?

I play in solo SC so I will pray to find good items by myself, or will ask my Pyro Bargaining HE to find stuff for me :4rofl:

Finally I have a third question : Why would be your best advice for early levels in order to kill mobs without waiting for the totem to be strong ?

interesting build for my voodoo dryad wife.

However...

am noticing a trend on our PS3. When either of us stop to cast something ie Vip Disease, Totem et al, we have to stand still for a few more seconds. While that is happening, the enemies are swarming and making us bleed

alot

granted, my dear wife's character bleeds a bit more because she doesn't have the Ancient Bark and I'm trying to remind her to use her Voodoo Powers more...

still, interesting build.

Thanks for this build Chrona !

I really can't wait to give it a try :P

I hesitated between this one and Epox's one with Tangled Vine which looks quite fun to play to and with a great visual !

But I want a pet ! :bounce:

I have just 2 questions for now and not needed for my beginning :

1) why didn't you choose Fury gold mod for Animus ? Is it really useful to drop shrunken heads more often when you already have the pet you want ?

2) Did you choose the physical damage silver mod for the Totem because of the bronze mod of Black Curse, Porous ?

I play in solo SC so I will pray to find good items by myself, or will ask my Pyro Bargaining HE to find stuff for me :D

Finally I have a third question : Why would be your best advice for early levels in order to kill mobs without waiting for the totem to be strong ?

1) You can have the pet you want, but do you have the shrunk with the stats you want? You can find several stats on the shrunkss (+experience/+lore/+focus....) I farm for my 3 builds shrunks and need everytime something special :) ->>Sparks gave me an awesome shrunk...24,8% experience (EP-modified) at level 200)

2) more damage with phy mod- but I think both will be work (in niob you need ancientmage mastery)

• Pointed - Arrows inflict more damage. (73.8% increased physical damage / 44.3% increased overall damage)
  • Venomous - Increases poison damage on arrows. (75% increased poison damage / 30% increased overall damage)

3) grind grunwald with a staff/shield

For soloplay: grind the griffin/boar to grab your sets

make a shopper/smithbuild :) (TG or Inquisitor)

Hi hsedai !

Perhaps because you don't have any "casting speed +xx%" ?

It takes time to cast a spell, symbolized by the casting speed which is by default at 100%.

It doesn't depend on regen time, cooldown, or anything, it is just the time taken to cast the spell and is different for each CA, some are already fast to cast, other less...

I hope it will help.

BTW I have more questions ! :bounce:

I am using Animus as my only buff now, because I don't feel in any kind of danger and prefer to do more damage than protect myself with ancient bark, is it the right thing and until which level can I continue like that ?

Did you really take Concentration at level 35 only Chrona ? But you suggest to mod ancient bark first, so no pet until level 35 for you ?

Same question about Armor Lore, only at level 50 :) Don't we need to lower the regen times sooner ?

I don't know if taking Concentration and Armor Lore before Ancient Magic would be a good idea ?

Thanks for every body advice :D

Edit : Thanks for previous answer Chrona I didn't see it while writing !

I have my shopper but will think of making a smith, perhaps my SW in the shadows could take smith at its level 65 if already strong enough without his last skill.

DoubleEdit : If you use a shrunkenhead EP-modified, you need EP in your skills ! Or maybe you use it on another Dryad. What about EP in this particular build ? Or with a shopper char do you find enough things for this Dryad and thus don't need EP ?

Edited by Jerjer
Hi hsedai !

Perhaps because you don't have any "casting speed +xx%" ?

It takes time to cast a spell, symbolized by the casting speed which is by default at 100%.

It doesn't depend on regen time, cooldown, or anything, it is just the time taken to cast the spell and is different for each CA, some are already fast to cast, other less...

I hope it will help.

BTW I have more questions ! :)

I am using Animus as my only buff now, because I don't feel in any kind of danger and prefer to do more damage than protect myself with ancient bark, is it the right thing and until which level can I continue like that ?

Did you really take Concentration at level 35 only Chrona ? But you suggest to mod ancient bark first, so no pet until level 35 for you ?

Same question about Armor Lore, only at level 50 :) Don't we need to lower the regen times sooner ?

I don't know if taking Concentration and Armor Lore before Ancient Magic would be a good idea ?

Thanks for every body advice :thumbsup:

Edit : Thanks for previous answer Chrona I didn't see it while writing !

I have my shopper but will think of making a smith, perhaps my SW in the shadows could take smith at its level 65 if already strong enough without his last skill.

DoubleEdit : If you use a shrunkenhead EP-modified, you need EP in your skills ! Or maybe you use it on another Dryad. What about EP in this particular build ? Or with a shopper char do you find enough things for this Dryad and thus don't need EP ?

I played to level 35 without pet..you can rush to 35 in a few levels with staff/totem and barkskinarmorlore: all my builds get the def-skills late and I've no problems, but I've niobshoppers at level 5/20/50/65

Ok thanks again Chrona. I will see if I can rush fast enough to level 35 and if not I will take armor lore and concentration sooner.

And I will forget EP, my shopper will be there if needed, even if I liked droping nice items with other chars.

And about the mount ? Do you always play mounted ? Since which level ? The Voodoo regen mount I suppose ?

I simply can't mount AND play at the same time, gentlemen.

I guess I'm simply not coordinated enough.

My dear wife and I are both at level 34 and have relied on Cap Hunter and Tactics for damage. The PS3 forcing us to stay still for so long while casting is getting a bit annoying. During a stage boss battle, everything slows down so much that I get frustrated with my Dryad not moving fast enough. I go to cast vines/lances and stand still for 4 seconds.

~le sigh~

Looks really annoying to stand still so long hsedai :spider:

Do other players on PS3 are complaining too ? I don't remember other posts on Xbox or PS3 talking about this issue.

Perhaps is it time for you to buy 2 pcs and make a LAN with your wife :):P

I'm just level 19 now and can cast 2 totem at the same time, sometimes 3 ! Thanks to AM just modded to decrease its cooldown (and not regen time as described in the game...) and so I can use it more often. And thanks to the gold mod expert of the totem of course ;) which divides cooldown by 2, making the cooldown aroud 7s instead of 15s !

My pet is 6 level above me, inspiring fear among our ennemies :P (3 runes eaten and +5 on sockets for animus). I keep an elf, pretty fast to run, fast to strike, good damage, for now I didn't find better. I tried the kobold, too weak, animal too weak, undead too slow and I just got a human shrunken head, might give it a try next time :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering about the total "reg-time" of the Totem. Chrona you wrote to keep it at 7-8 sec, but do you include cooldown in it :) Because with already 7sec of cooldown, the reg-time has to be about 0 sec :D

Or is the total "reg-time" of about 7 sec (cooldown) + 7-8 sec (reg-time) ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chrona,

This build looks quite fun. I haven't played a dryad before and I just got a pyro elf to niob, so I am used to caster builds but am looking for something that is a bit tougher but still fast killer/experience gainer and that could finish niob at a pretty low level so I don't have to grind so much and can spend more time going through the campaign which I find more fun.

I have a bunch of questions so sorry in advance :D.

What is the earliest level you think would be possible to finish niobium with this build?

How many runes do you have read in totem at this point or did you really keep one rune the whole time?

How would you do the skill point allocation/what order would you master the skills in? (Ancient magic first?)

What order do you recommend doing the mods in each tree (I know bark is first in nature)?

Do you ever use ephadaic lances?

Out of all your dryad builds, which have you found the most fun to play? Is it this one?

Since combos work so poorly on the xbox because execution speed depends on attack speed - would taking hunter focus add anything helpful to the build if taken instead of CD?

For example: If you modded sinister predator for eagle eye, marked shot, unflinching, would these mods effect your totem? (Crits, opponent cannot evade, opponent cannot deflect projectiles?) - or does the totem hit 100% of the time anyway and totem projectile is considered a spell instead of a "projectile"?

Would Dust devil be useful for niob boss fights: Spell protection and evaision mods are maybe nice - but maybe it is not needed at all?

Thanks a lot for your input.

Edited by ka243
  • 3 months later...

Hi Chrona! Sounds like I´ve found my new Shrunkheadfarmer. :oooo:

But I´m thinking about testing cutting something, for Hunter Focus and Enhanced Perception if possible. I´d like to modify Dust devil for Defense (especially against Debuffers!) and so I may could cut Nature Lore and accept less bonus on hitpoints and Int at my Nature support. Maybe I could cut Combat Discipline for Enhanced perception (like I said, I wanna farm with this girl!).

What do you think about this guys?!

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm using your totem guide right now and just hit level 60. I was wondering where my totem damage should be right now because you keep mentioning how yours does multiple thousand damage. I do about 700 with out AM and maybe 3500 with am. Is this where I should be about now?

thanks.