Dryad - Viperish Disease Questions

Evasions

:mafia:

The best way to be sure on how to effectively level this way is: what area has lots of enemies that are the same type and are they resistant to poison?

BTW: If you play on 360 and are making a build like this please let me know cause I would love the free lvling.

I Would Help You Out, But Im On PS3.

And To Answer Your Redundant Question!

Desert, Is Pretty Much The Only Place.

Damn THose Du'rach.

-Jamie.

Well I would not say the desert is the only place. It is probably the best, but I can think of Kobolds around the White Griffin, the undead around Clearview, the humans around Kuff Castle and the Wild Boar, and the swamp with enemies everywhere.

However with the Swamp there are a lot of obstructions and most are poison resistant.

My question wasn't redundant. The orc region has tons of enemies, but a lot are different. With the desert its all those beetles scorps and pop up humans for the most part. Though scorps and beetles count as insects so its all good.

Bof

ok so I wish to know how this skill actually works as the wiki said it is very powerful. I cant seem to get it to do any damange to anything, could someone please explain to me how to use this skill so that it is effective? I have the mods relapse, transmission , contaminate.

any insight onto this skill would be useful..

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been looking for a guide on how to build a dryad that uses VD on the consoles which gains levels fast and here is what I found:

I found a topic that was talked about a while ago on gamefaqs of someone posting this build which can be found here

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....;topic=50364122

1) nature weaver lore

2) cabalistic voodoo lore

3) nature weaver focus

4) concentration

5) cabalistic voodoo focus

6) enhanced perception (only put 5 points into this for now to unlock bargaining)

7) bargaining

8) combat reflexes/shield lore

9) armor lore

10) tactics lore

Although this build is not ment to be the final outcome/best way to go about it

I also found another build: Yet again not surpose to be the besy way

voodoo focus

voodoo lore

cap hunter focus

ranged weapons

tactics lore

combat reflexes

barganing

enhanced perception

armor lore

concentration

The last build I found was someone who said it was the final VD build draft so I persume that this is the one you all should use

SKILLS:

Nature Weaver Focus120 Cabalistic Voodoo Focus 100Nature Weaver Lore 120Concentration 75Constitution 106Armor Lore 100Combat Reflexes 75Shield Lore 75Enhanced Perception 75Bargaining 75

MODS:

ancient bark: rugged/divert/invigorate

moribund animus: malice/elevation/fury

goldenglade touch: bandage/persevere/diligence

acute mind: proficiency/defiant/celerity

vamperish disease: gangrene/transmission/contaminate

malicious totem: solid/pointed/expert

edaphic lances: thorns/stings/singe

tangled vine: tendrils/singe/encroach

I have yet to try any of these so if anyone wants to and report back please do, I'll be trying the last one to see how it goes.

Heya all!

Guys this is no Build or mean CA! :blink:

Its a Bug, or better to say it is an exploit, there was a lot of trouble with that in pc version and communitysize decreased during that time.

At the moment it seems to work on consol version.

So don´t follow the Idea to Build an Exploitcharacter!

I hope for all the console users they get it fixed soon.

PS: Lobby is working, cya ingame!

comments removed, let's stay on topic ^^

Edited by gogoblender

I wish they would fix this combat art so that it is still an effective combat art. I do not like useless CAs like propelled levitation and VD...

Not that I want it to be an xp exploit.

Now obviously if you have a disease which has a contagion model at some amount of contagion/kill power it is going to whipe the map. However it is possible to design a disease which is not killing offscreen. An example to prove this is Titan Quest Nature skill : Plague. Plague was a highly effective skill, but it never killed anything offscreen. You simply need to tweak the mechanics to make it an effective skill.

Alternatively simply set a counter per cast of VD (counts how many monsters affected)... Make the contagion STOP when it hits 30?. Put a cooldown on Viperish Disease of like 60? seconds. That way you can kill thirty monsters if you make the effort to start a disease going, but it will limit it. You could even still farm with it but the 60? second cooldown would mean you would get bored. It would still be a skill to turn to when you see a huge mob.

• 2 weeks later...

DRYAD CASTER

Stats:

100% into INT.

Skills:

Nature Weaver Focus 120

Cabalist Voodoo Focus 75

Nature Weaver lore 120

Concentration 75

Armor Lore 75

Constitution 156

Combat Disipline 75

Sheild Lore 75

Enhanced Perception75

Bargaining 75

MODS:

Ravaged Impact (perforate, breach)

Forest Flight (unmodded)

Twisted Torment (unmodded)

Viperish Disease (relapse, transmission, contaminate)

Black Curse (porous, elongate, dispel)

Malicious Totem (solid, pointed, expert)

Edaphic Lances (thorns, stings, barbs)

Tangled Vine (sprawl)

Goldenglade Touch (flow, persevere, diligence)

Acute Mind (proficiency, insight, easiness)

Ancient Bark (rugged, divert, invigorate

Ok, I got this build from br33d911, on the gamespot forums. It's just the character I need, a shopper, and a Dryad with Viperish Disease, for the extreme leveling. (I'm an Xbox user so the exploit still works.) One thing I need to know though, is in what general order to take the skills? Anyone got suggestions?

• 2 months later...

I dont no about the 360 version, but I play ps3 and yes vd Combat Art still can farm a hole desert of experience. as long as your regen is around 2-3s and u have the insect head equipt u dont need any of the mods just keep casting and gathering enemies before u no it you're level 100.

• 5 months later...

So, for those of us on the 360 (the PS3 version had Viperish Disease patched?), what are the real problems here? Rather, is there a way to mod Viperish Disease without it being broken?

I'm playing with a couple of buddies in real life, and I'm slowly converting all of my online friends into players of the game as well. It would be nice to know if I should just tell the non-PC friends to avoid Viperish Disease entirely or to warn them to mod it a specific way if that will make it viable without being OP.

So, for those of us on the 360 (the PS3 version had Viperish Disease patched?), what are the real problems here? Rather, is there a way to mod Viperish Disease without it being broken?

I'm playing with a couple of buddies in real life, and I'm slowly converting all of my online friends into players of the game as well. It would be nice to know if I should just tell the non-PC friends to avoid Viperish Disease entirely or to warn them to mod it a specific way if that will make it viable without being OP.

Even modded, it's still viable to use without breaking the game... sorta. The spread really only becomes rampant post modding if you:

a) Repeatedly chain-cast on everything that moves until it spreads to everything beyond the screen

and

b) Keep running the map to keep enemies spawning and getting infected.

If you use it once in awhile to soften up large groups and then finish them off with other Combat Arts, you SHOULD be ok. I think. It's been awhile since I played the 360 version.

• 3 months later...

Anyone know if this has been patched on 360 yet? (I doubt it has been) but still just wondering ;) just remember if you want to make a VD shopper do it offline or play on a private game. Don't want to lag people out eh :D

Anyone know if this has been patched on 360 yet? (I doubt it has been) but still just wondering :) just remember if you want to make a VD shopper do it offline or play on a private game. Don't want to lag people out eh :P

No patches for 360. Still works fine and why would you want it patched? If patched you wont be able to run the Desert over and over.

Anyone know if this has been patched on 360 yet? (I doubt it has been) but still just wondering :) just remember if you want to make a VD shopper do it offline or play on a private game. Don't want to lag people out eh :P

AFAIK, it has not been nerfed... but we always recommend VD users play offline, or private game as you said so that we don't ruin others' play experience.

Welcome, Ajaxduo!

Anyone know if this has been patched on 360 yet? (I doubt it has been) but still just wondering :cry: just remember if you want to make a VD shopper do it offline or play on a private game. Don't want to lag people out eh :P

AFAIK, it has not been nerfed... but we always recommend VD users play offline, or private game as you said so that we don't ruin others' play experience.

Welcome, Ajaxduo!

Exactly ;) I will only use the exploit for my shopper in private. Still figuring it out as I go level 53 atm, not to shabby :)

• 4 months later...

I did that viperish disease with a build I forget which one but my only problem was if u do it right u can infect everything around u and get yourself killed its kinda funny I didnt know what it did at first when I used it I was like OMG THEY WONT STOP lol but okay if u stand still it will stop infecting enemies if you run into town it will stop infecting enemies aswell as I did this with voodoo/nature although I only put one ruin into each skill it did so low dammage I could barely do anything then again that character was to get heads