Opinions on this build, could use a helping hand with SW

I am making a shadow warrior here are the skills I've decided to go with..

Concentration

combat reflexes

armor lore

Tactics lore

dual wield

constitution

death warrior focus

malevolent focus

combat discipline

toughness

my main question is how I should spend my points, I'm newer at the game and I want to do this right on my shadow warrior the first time.

Also I would like to know how I should do my attributes, I was thinking just going strength/vitality 50/50

and as far as base stats go, do they round up or down? I wanted to see what a level 200's base stats were, but that issue came up when I was multiplying.

thanks for all your help!

Hi there,

Welcome to the site, you'll find everyone in here is very friendly and will go out of their way to help you.

It's a decent build, I didn't go with Concentration or Constitution. If you're going for a Shadow Warrior with Combat Art focus you really need to use your single skill point for Stamina. Make sure you don't eat too many runes too early for the Combat Arts you're using otherwise you'll have a problem like I had where the regen times are far too high. Personally I prefer to have a wepon skill so went for sword weapon. What sort of weapons are you planning on using for your duel wield skill?

I managed to complete the light campaign on silver without using toughness so you could take either that out or constitution (Shadow warrior has high HP anyway) for a weapon skill to make your Shadow warrior good with melee as well with your Combat Arts.

What Combat Arts are you planning on using? I use Demonic Blow from the Death Warrior tree which is awesome and Frenzied Rampage which is incredible with groups of tough creatures. Definitely go for the stamina option to bring your regen times if you go for something similar.

You might be better off choosing Tactics Lore as your first skill or Armour Lore rather than Concentration, if you choose tactics lore it doesn't matter what weapon you're using. It's a good skill to choose first because you'll be changing weapons all the time. It won't be until you get to around level 40 onwards where you stay with a weapon for long periods. I was literally changing weapons every 10-15 minutes at the start of the game. Tactics Lore helped me immensely.

If you need anymore help just ask away.

Hi there,

Welcome to the site, you'll find everyone in here is very friendly and will go out of their way to help you.

It's a decent build, I didn't go with Concentration or Constitution. If you're going for a Shadow Warrior with Combat Art focus you really need to use your single skill point for Stamina. Make sure you don't eat too many runes too early for the Combat Arts you're using otherwise you'll have a problem like I had where the regen times are far too high. Personally I prefer to have a wepon skill so went for sword weapon. What sort of weapons are you planning on using for your duel wield skill?

I managed to complete the light campaign on silver without using toughness so you could take either that out or constitution (Shadow warrior has high HP anyway) for a weapon skill to make your Shadow warrior good with melee as well with your Combat Arts.

What Combat Arts are you planning on using? I use Demonic Blow from the Death Warrior tree which is awesome and Frenzied Rampage which is incredible with groups of tough creatures. Definitely go for the stamina option to bring your regen times if you go for something similar.

You might be better off choosing Tactics Lore as your first skill or Armour Lore rather than Concentration, if you choose tactics lore it doesn't matter what weapon you're using. It's a good skill to choose first because you'll be changing weapons all the time. It won't be until you get to around level 40 onwards where you stay with a weapon for long periods. I was literally changing weapons every 10-15 minutes at the start of the game. Tactics Lore helped me immensely.

If you need anymore help just ask away.

thanks, thats not the order I am getting the skills in or anything, im probably dual weilding swords, but sword lore doesnt stack with dual weild.. so I am not gonna get it.

those are deffinatly the skills I am going to go with, I just want to know how high I should distribute points, I dont want to put too many into a category that isnt as important.

I usually put most points in my aspect lores (including Tactics) and focuses. Some General skills like Blacksmithing or EP will also be high if I my build is going to be a smither or magic finder. The other skills I keep at 1/2 value of my 'max' skills

I usually put most points in my aspect lores (including Tactics) and focuses. Some General skills like Blacksmithing or EP will also be high if I my build is going to be a smither or magic finder. The other skills I keep at 1/2 value of my 'max' skills

ok im glad you mentioned that, can you explain the "max skills" and doing the half value thing, whats the benefit, and which of the skills I listed in my build should be "half skills"

thanks

This is just how I do it, so remember you may want to approach it in a different way :)

For me 3 things are important 1) damage, 2) regen and 3) defense

Out of those things, the hardest to manage is regen. I want the highest damage possible in the least amount of time (doesn't everyone :) ) So I will focus on skills that affect that the most. These are my 'max' skills. Max just means they will be double that of my other, less important skills. It's just a 'rule of thumb' I have. Typically for every 2 points into 'max' skills, I'll put one into the other 'support' skills. So for example if DWF is level 30, then Toughness would be around level 15. Now as far as your build goes, my 'max' skills would be:

Tactics Lore

Death Warrior Focus

Malevolent Champion Focus

Support skills:

Armor Lore

Combat Reflexes

Concentration

Combat Discipline

Toughness

Now the other 2 skills aren't 'max' skills but are more important than 'support' skills

Dual Wield

Constitution

These will typically be 1/2 the value of my max skills, but can be higher depending on the situation/build.

DW- I will raise if I find my cth (chance to hit) is low and I'm missing on several of my attacks

Constitution- I generally rush to level 75 (treat it like a 'max' skill til then) Once I have Mastery I won't put points in it for awhile

Hopefully I haven't confused you more :)

This is just how I do it, so remember you may want to approach it in a different way :)

For me 3 things are important 1) damage, 2) regen and 3) defense

Out of those things, the hardest to manage is regen. I want the highest damage possible in the least amount of time (doesn't everyone :) ) So I will focus on skills that affect that the most. These are my 'max' skills. Max just means they will be double that of my other, less important skills. It's just a 'rule of thumb' I have. Typically for every 2 points into 'max' skills, I'll put one into the other 'support' skills. So for example if DWF is level 30, then Toughness would be around level 15. Now as far as your build goes, my 'max' skills would be:

Tactics Lore

Death Warrior Focus

Malevolent Champion Focus

Support skills:

Armor Lore

Combat Reflexes

Concentration

Combat Discipline

Toughness

Now the other 2 skills aren't 'max' skills but are more important than 'support' skills

Dual Wield

Constitution

These will typically be 1/2 the value of my max skills, but can be higher depending on the situation/build.

DW- I will raise if I find my cth (chance to hit) is low and I'm missing on several of my attacks

Constitution- I generally rush to level 75 (treat it like a 'max' skill til then) Once I have Mastery I won't put points in it for awhile

Hopefully I haven't confused you more :(

no I get it, ive been reading bits and pieces of stuff like this, and this cleared alot of it up, so if oyu get a skill to level 75, you just get some bonus?

and is that 2:1 raitio for max/other skills a pretty general concept then?

Once you put 75 hard points (points assigned to skill and not from equip) you unlock that skill's Mastery which will give you additional bonuses...Tbh, not sure how everyone assigns thier points...just that my way works for me :(

Once you put 75 hard points (points assigned to skill and not from equip) you unlock that skill's Mastery which will give you additional bonuses...Tbh, not sure how everyone assigns thier points...just that my way works for me :(

ok thanks

Well what I was doing early game is concentrate on tactics lore and later on I would put all skill points into Death Warrior Focus. It was so high for my character I could only put in 1 skill point per level. Enhanced Perception is also a good skill to get like Knuckles has said. The only problem with this skill is you'll need to put 5 points into something else in the same category. I chose Blacksmithing and completely wasted a slot and 5 points. Blacksmithing is a good skill if you like to keep putting rings etc in your weapons as it brings the cost down. I had over 2 million gold at one point and it went down to 300,000 just by getting the blacksmith enhancing my weapons. If I put more points into blacksmithing I could've had the prices go down. It's not really that bad because you'll be picking up and selling things all the time. I just wish you could upgrade emcumbrance so you can carry more. I remember in Oblivion when I completed the game, my character could pick up SIX times as much stuff as he could at the start of the game. Even if you could put what you carry up to 200 it would be great. I ended up choosing to only pick things up that was 1 star and above because I was picking up far too much stuff. I also found armour lore is very good because sometimes I would find amazing set pieces but they were too high for the character I had at the time. In fact I've got a level 65 Armantin's head piece I cannot use yet simply because my character is only level 53.

What Knuckles has said makes sense in what skills you should have as your main one's and your support one's.

Have you created your Shadow warrior yet imannnninjayo?

Just remember there really is no right or wrong way to assign or select skills. Obviously there are some you need to make your build viable, but assigning points to skills and attributes is more a matter of your playing style. Some may want more defense, some more health and others more damage, and still others may concentrate in something else :)

Some of the coolest builds come from experimenting and trying new things. Take me for example, I have been playing SW's exclusively since the beta and never thought to take ranged + energy weapon until I saw gogo playing one. And I have to say it is definitely fun and very effective, more so then some of the 'cookie cutter' builds I have done.

One of the reasons I hesitate to make a couple SW guides is because, even within the build there are so many variations possible. One or 2 different skills or CA mods and your character could play vastly different. So just remember to tailor your build to your playing style and just take all the advice as simply that, advice :)

yeah I made my character, im level 31, lvling pretty quick. I know my build but now im debating whether to go sword or hafted, I dont want to decide now and regret it later so I havnt gotten either, which is weakening me, I know its really just preference.

If you're unsure which to take I would look thru all the unique swords and hafted on Wiki...might give you a better idea of which to pick. Plus if you picked dual wielding, then selecting sword or hafted will only unlock a few mods so it shouldn't affect your build significantly

If you're unsure which to take I would look thru all the unique swords and hafted on Wiki...might give you a better idea of which to pick. Plus if you picked dual wielding, then selecting sword or hafted will only unlock a few mods so it shouldn't affect your build significantly

well, with dual weild, whats the point of stacking alot of points into both death warrior focus AND malevolent champion focus, shouldnt my cooldown be low enough with either demonic blow or frenzied rampage to only use 1? and not both, or what

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ead.php?t=59360 theres the place I got the build I am gonna use

I kind of combined them, gonna go

Stats: str/100%

Skills:

Tactics

Armour lore

Dualwield

DW focus

MV focus

Combat Discipline

Concentration

constitution

toughness

combat reflex's

Modifications:

Demonic blow: Area of Effect, reduce armour,lifeleech.

Scything sweep: more power, crit, rage.

rousing command: duration, aspd%2

well, with dual weild, whats the point of stacking alot of points into both death warrior focus AND malevolent champion focus, shouldnt my cooldown be low enough with either demonic blow or frenzied rampage to only use 1? and not both, or what

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ead.php?t=59360 theres the place I got the build I am gonna use

sorry about the double post read this one

I kind of combined them, gonna go

Stats: str/100%

Skills:

Tactics

Armour lore

Dualwield

DW focus

MV focus

Combat Discipline

Concentration

constitution

toughness

combat reflex's

also whats your opinion on these modifications

Modifications:

Demonic blow: Area of Effect, reduce armour,lifeleech.

Scything sweep: more power, crit, rage.

rousing command: duration, aspd/runspd, surge/leader

Grim resilience: more hp, less regen, phys armor reduction.

Frenzied rampage: double, double, lifeleech.

AG: Range, experience, fear.

Killing spree: control,burst,fear

Reflective emanation: reflect range, spells, extra melee.

Edited by imannnninjayo