Various questions

I'm not gonna lie; I've fallen in love with Sacred 2. It brings back so many memories from the days of Diablo 1+2 <3

Anyways, I've been reading a lot and leveling up some characters, but I haven't been able to find answers to some specific parts of the game. Here goes:

1: How do I see how much shield my TG has (on the Xbox 360 if that matters)? Isn't there a bar or some way to see if its high or low? A Nameless Guardian + low shield is dangerous :P

2: Schot's guide on farming level 20 set-items is a killer and have helped my low-level toons a ton. The "kill in 1 hit (or few hits)" made me think though: Is it the number of hits or the time taken, that is important drop-wise? E.g. a TG with Fiery Ember will hit many times and is this giving worse drops? Is EP a bad investment on a Area of Effect build, compared to EP on a hard-hitting toon?

3: What is the difference between the damage and defence types? Some rings have a "+10 attack" and "+10 defence" value, while others have a yellow bar and "5-5 damage". Which type should I aim for if I want to make my blowpipe do more damage?

4: I don't quite understand how the penalty for going over the "max level without penalty" is.. If my "max level without penalty" is 10 and I read 11 runes, then I won't get a full level of the 11th rune, but is this the only penalty (that I don't get full value)? Sometimes I want to boost a buff beyond the max level, but will I be punished for this (besides money+random runes)?

I think that is it - for now :4rofl:

Bada

PS: @Gogo, you gotta set the druid guide section to public. It is currently only possible to view it if you are logged in.

1) I haven't played any build with a shield yet, but I know that on the pc you have a blue bar next to your hp bar that represent the shield. No idea on Xbox though.

2) I wouldn't know at all.

3) +attack increases your chance to hit, +defence reduces the chance to get hit. You have the blacksmith runes that give +% damage and the rings who give x-x damage, both will increase your damage the rings with 5-5 damage won't increase it with exactly 5 attack though, it'll be way more. You'll have to try the different ones out. (make some random useless armor with the smith rune in it and use that to compare t othe ring in the ring slot) wichever is better at that moment I'd take.

4) there is no other penalty then getting less out of one rune. so just read what you want :P

1: How do I see how much shield my TG has (on the Xbox 360 if that matters)? Isn't there a bar or some way to see if its high or low? A Nameless Guardian + low shield is dangerous :)

If you are talking about buffs, the only way to know is whn your buff dissapears.

2: Schot's guide on farming level 20 set-items is a killer and have helped my low-level toons a ton. The "kill in 1 hit (or few hits)" made me think though: Is it the number of hits or the time taken, that is important drop-wise? E.g. a TG with Fiery Ember will hit many times and is this giving worse drops? Is EP a bad investment on a Area of Effect build, compared to EP on a hard-hitting toon?

Your own build is your own. I kept EP personally.

3: What is the difference between the damage and defence types? Some rings have a "+10 attack" and "+10 defence" value, while others have a yellow bar and "5-5 damage". Which type should I aim for if I want to make my blowpipe do more damage?

Attack and Defense Value is exactly what it says, the value of the attribute. The more value, the more it works and is reliable. +Attack % and regular 5-5 only adds to damage.

4: I don't quite understand how the penalty for going over the "max level without penalty" is.. If my "max level without penalty" is 10 and I read 11 runes, then I won't get a full level of the 11th rune, but is this the only penalty (that I don't get full value)? Sometimes I want to boost a buff beyond the max level, but will I be punished for this (besides money+random runes)?

Let's say... Armor. A level 5 can equip a level 8 chest piece, however, he gets penalized for the level 8 somehow, usually with movement speed. Skills of that sort allow you to equip much higher level items and not have to worry about Regen Time loss or movement speed loss.

Hi,

Please could a further question to the original:

If, say you read runes beyond max level and the penalty is (as I understand) a less effective combart art. Once you have raised the max level do you then get the combart art at full effect or is it gone forever?

Thanks

Thanks for all the answers, they really helped out!

3) +attack increases your chance to hit, +defence reduces the chance to get hit. You have the blacksmith runes that give +% damage and the rings who give x-x damage, both will increase your damage the rings with 5-5 damage won't increase it with exactly 5 attack though, it'll be way more. You'll have to try the different ones out. (make some random useless armor with the smith rune in it and use that to compare t othe ring in the ring slot) wichever is better at that moment I'd take.

Supe info; I'll test it out!

Hi,

Please could a further question to the original:

If, say you read runes beyond max level and the penalty is (as I understand) a less effective combart art. Once you have raised the max level do you then get the combart art at full effect or is it gone forever?

Thanks

I just tried going over the max level without penalty (went from 8->8.5 with 9 runes read), but when I raised the max level without penalty through Nature focus, my CA level went up to a full 9.

1. They dont have a sheild level bar for Console at the moment Its really kind of annoying

Yeah, that kinda sucks. Lets hope that they patch it.