RIP tricks

Hi all, more experienced players!

I am looking forward to making a big RIP fleet with my miner's account and I want to ask you about some tips/tricks that you know. Mostly ways to keep them undetected while I build and attack, and how to use them safely.

Thanks to all,

-dicknail

Hmmmm, RIP tricks, not sure if I know any of those. :drinks:

First fleetsaving trick. DO NOT FS THE SAME WAY EVERY NIGHT!! Send from different moons, sometimes Moon -> invisible (and uncreatable) DF, sometimes with a colony ship to an empty sector (behind another colony ship that creates a false planet), sometimes deploy-recall to DF/colony, etc.

Second fleetsaving trick. If you are not using them or going to use them immediately, FS, if only for a few minutes. Probes are fast and if you don't want people seeing them, they must be hidden at all times. RIPs don't eat much deuterium, so it doesn't cost much to hide them.

Third fleetsaving trick. Change the deuterium levels on your moons so that it is difficult to tell from whence they left. Bring some deuterium with your RIPs to hide the cost of flying them and thus giving people clues as to where you are fleetsaving. Don't bring the same amount each time.

Fourth fleetsaving trick. Do not FS your RIPs with the rest of your fleet, if you have one.

Turtle any moon from which you are sending RIPs. Lots of fodder/ABMs decreases profitability of attacks.

Send RIPs at less than 100%

Tip 1 when attacking: Probe, wait several hours, Launch RIPs @ 90%, probe a minute or two before you would need to launch at 100% This is useful when attacking (I) planets or other players.

Tip 2 when attacking: If you think someone is watching, Probe, Launch RIPs at 80%. Launch the same number at 90% to arrive at the same second and recall the first batch.

RIPs are primarily for: 1) defense/turtle bashing, 2) (I)nactive bashing, 3) phalanx hits on stupid people, 4) sat crashes, and 5) ninjas.

- Ike

Hmmmm, RIP tricks, not sure if I know any of those. :o

Tip 1 when attacking: Probe, wait several hours, Launch RIPs @ 90%, probe a minute or two before you would need to launch at 100% This is useful when attacking (I) planets or other players.

Tip 2 when attacking: If you think someone is watching, Probe, Launch RIPs at 80%. Launch the same number at 90% to arrive at the same second and recall the first batch.

- Ike

Those to are really clever! I will be using them in an ACS universe, so it will be even easier to hide the speed using those tips. Thanks a lot, Ike!

I know a :) will always come to answer my questions :)