Sacred 2 - Quest Research

Zeno

Running around grabbing extra images for the quests I've been working on, and on my SW I came across this:

th_S2questmarker.jpg

I'm hoping for the sake of Schot's heart (:woot::)) that this is just a bug, but it would be good if someone could check with a light SW and another light char. The quest is the Light chain quest that excludes the Seraphim (The Shadows of the Seraphim), but as far as I know (I.e. I haven't noticed it elsewhere) the other Light/Shadow chain quests don't have specially coloured quest markers.

On the Tab and Main maps the quest marker shows up as dark blue...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running around grabbing extra images for the quests I've been working on, and on my SW I came across this:

th_S2questmarker.jpg

I'm hoping for the sake of Schot's heart (:woot::)) that this is just a bug, but it would be good if someone could check with a light SW and another light char. The quest is the Light chain quest that excludes the Seraphim (The Shadows of the Seraphim), but as far as I know (I.e. I haven't noticed it elsewhere) the other Light/Shadow chain quests don't have specially coloured quest markers.

On the Tab and Main maps the quest marker shows up as dark blue...

I've run across a similiar occurence on my Inquisitor up in the Artamark region. No idea why its a different color though.

OK, I just added The Other Trophy Hunt side quest and updated the Light Family Ties main quest with maps and a Note. Check 'em out. I think the maps for the main quest are particularly cool but that's just me.

Very very good work. You have a gift for pix, cropping, and timing. Timing`s important for writing quest guides and knowing where to place pix at opportune times.

Again, nice work, not just to you but the entire Quest Team. As posted by readers, people are loving the writing, formatting, pixing. With a readership of 100 000 unique visitors per month, lol, you could say contributors to SacredWiki are center stage.

Take those bows you guys!

:)

gogo

I agree, very nice work.

I did not notice other in game markers, I will go check that out and see if I get the same results.

I have done it with another character. I do remember thinking it was funny that the first two question marks were the character color in game and the last two were white. I suspect those ingame colors are for all classes taht can do it. I also suspect it's the equivalent of a typo.

Edited by Ysne58

Thanx everyone for your comments. It's good to know all that time I was goofing off at work, uh, my mad image skills are proving useful.

I have just added another side quest to Chapter 6 titled A Feast. Now this is cool the quest giver dropped a piece of set armor that I didn't have. It wasn't part of the quest reward so I think I just got lucky.

I agree, very nice work.

I did not notice other in game markers, I will go check that out and see if I get the same results.

I have done it with another character. I do remember thinking it was funny that the first two question marks were the character color in game and the last two were white. I suspect those ingame colors are for all classes taht can do it. I also suspect it's the equivalent of a typo.

First two? Hmm...it was only the first question mark (and subsequent exclamation mark) that were green for me...which isn't the SW colour anyway, rather the Dryad's colour...

Thanks for checking me on it anyway. I think this is one of those things that should be noted as an interesting (but not harmful) bug :(

I agree, very nice work.

First two? Hmm...it was only the first question mark (and subsequent exclamation mark) that were green for me...which isn't the SW colour anyway, rather the Dryad's colour...

Thanks for checking me on it anyway. I think this is one of those things that should be noted as an interesting (but not harmful) bug :(

I added it as a note at the bottom of the chain quest page. Since I haven't checked each class that can do it and I have only done it once, I just stated that the in game ones may be the class quest color on the first two quests in the chain. I can always change it later after more testing.

I have not filled in the information on the individual quests and I have not had time yet to go back and fill in all the information on the chain quest page.

I think I am going to download gimp and see if I can process my screen shots more to my liking with that program.

I agree, very nice work.

I added it as a note at the bottom of the chain quest page. Since I haven't checked each class that can do it and I have only done it once, I just stated that the in game ones may be the class quest color on the first two quests in the chain. I can always change it later after more testing.

I have not filled in the information on the individual quests and I have not had time yet to go back and fill in all the information on the chain quest page.

I think I am going to download gimp and see if I can process my screen shots more to my liking with that program.

No problem. I may fill in the info for the quests later tonight, but feel free to add/change anything if I do, and feel free to fill it in yourself if I haven't gotten around to it :P

I agree, very nice work.

Thanks for checking me on it anyway. I think this is one of those things that should be noted as an interesting (but not harmful) bug :)

No problem. I may fill in the info for the quests later tonight, but feel free to add/change anything if I do, and feel free to fill it in yourself if I haven't gotten around to it :P

Team work makes things go so much better. :) I'm planning to add a Light path HE today. I think I may give HC a try for this one. I already have a Shadow path one.

Brilliant work Raster. Your work on the maps and logbook(I noticed how nicely you cut it out. ^^) is quite nice. Screenshots are my fave though. Looks like you're playing in Elite Textures. :)
I have been using only High Quality Settings. I play @ 1600x1200 with no anti-aliasing (way too many dropped frames, even @ 1280x960). The resolution allows me to capture images that can be scaled down with little or no loss.

I just captured a Molderd Skeleton Warrior for the Bestiary. When you look closely you can see how anti-aliasing might help.

th_MolderedSkeletonWarrior.jpg

Settings were changed to Very High detail and 4x anti aliasing then this was captured. Unfortunately the game is just not playable in this mode.

th_MolderedSkeletonWarriorVHR4x.jpg

Finally, here is a Very High Render and Ground detail w/o anti-aliasing. Doesn't look any different from the default High detail settings... to me. The game is playable so I'll keep this setting but turn Ground detail down to High.

th_MolderedSkeletonWarriorVHR.jpg

Edited by RasterOps
Thanx everyone for your comments. It's good to know all that time I was goofing off at work, uh, my mad image skills are proving useful.

I have just added another side quest to Chapter 6 titled A Feast. Now this is cool the quest giver dropped a piece of set armor that I didn't have. It wasn't part of the quest reward so I think I just got lucky.

Added a link on the NPC name for ya.

Edited by Slayer89
Brilliant work Raster. Your work on the maps and logbook(I noticed how nicely you cut it out. ^^) is quite nice. Screenshots are my fave though. Looks like you're playing in Elite Textures. :)
I have been using only High Quality Settings. I play @ 1600x1200 with no anti-aliasing (way too many dropped frames, even @ 1280x960). The resolution allows me to capture images that can be scaled down with little or no loss.

I just captured a Molderd Skeleton Warrior for the Bestiary. When you look closely you can see how anti-aliasing might help.

th_MolderedSkeletonWarrior.jpg

Settings were changed to Very High detail and 4x anti aliasing then this was captured. Unfortunately the game is just not playable in this mode.

th_MolderedSkeletonWarriorVHR4x.jpg

Finally, here is a Very High Render and Ground detail w/o anti-aliasing. Doesn't look any different from the default High detail settings... to me. The game is playable so I'll keep this setting but turn Ground detail down to High.

th_MolderedSkeletonWarriorVHR.jpg

I love this. If you ever have time, lol... the bestiary could look even sweeter with some great high-detail pix like this.

sheesh... lol, the wiki never gets smaller huh :(

Ysne58 - You're right, the teamwork with quests lately has just been phenomenal. With you contributing and offering feedback in these forums, it's a great grounding feeling regarding morale and energy. Thank you

:)

gogo

*mutters about wandering posts*

Anyway. I slightly edited your note to reflect that the first few quest indicators may show up coloured in game, since it seems to vary in both colour and the number of quests affected.

I want to add the same questions about the Family Ties main quest. Is it a Light path only quest? Is it only for the SW? I mean do all classes have no name?

It's a Light campaign quest, so any Light character will get it. I think the idea is less that you have 'no name' and more that you're adopted into a native tribe.