Sacred 2 Simple Skill Planner

Greetings!

Gogo has asked me to put my skill planner here too. :P Original post from Ascaron's official forum:

I would like to share my skill planner with the community (MS Excel sheet). Please, don't expect general purpose and easy-to-use character planner like TitanCalc for Titan Quest, mine has very basic functionality – just helps distributing stat points level by level, practically speaking it replaces the pencil the rubber and the mental arithmetic. :)

So WTH is this anyway and how am I supposed to use it?

This tool is made for those who would like to plan their characters ahaed (up to level 200). Every coloumn represents a snapshot of the actual level shown at top blue row (gold numbers), you can enter values (skill points) into the black fields, the program adds them together and warns you about wrong values. You can see the available stat points at the second row (grey numbers), they are decreasing with every points entered below. Zero means you have no more points for that level. Negative red number means you are greedy. :)

According to the skills you've chosen in the leftmost coloumn the program informs you about the available aspect modification points in the grey section indicated by a '+' sign.

If you prefer to distribute your statpoints on-the-fly based on your character's momentary demands this skill planner is not meant for you. ;)

Features

- five built-in languages: English, Hungarian, German, French, Spanish (I don't speak either of them except hun :))

- drop-down lists, you dont have to type anything

- full error checking (via conditional format)

- CA modification points display

- printer-friendly section (aligned for A4 papersize)

th_s2spprn.png

Usage

First you need a Microsoft Excel™ 2002 or later. Donwload the attached .zip file, unpack and open with Excel.

th_sp110usg.png (click for larger image)

1. Choose language and select character class (from list)

2. Pick your skills (from list)

3. Distribute available stat points (enter numbers into the black fields)

CTRL+E will erase the whole spreadsheet without confirmation!

Enjoy! :)

-----------------

Revision history

-----------------

- first public release (English, Hungarian, German)

- minor highlight changes

- new languages added: French, Spanish (source: Wiki)

- the CTRL+E (erase) shortcut now indicated by an icon instead of a label

- High Elf skills order fixed (focuses <=> lores)

- mod points display added

1.10a

- easier data-transfer from earlier versions

- full error checking

I don't know how to attach files LOL, so it can be downloaded from here: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ad.php?p=557503.

Edited by tapir

Finally, we have one! lol, Tapir, as I mentioned in my PM, I've been hungering for something like this for a while now... and seeing your sig on the sif and clicking it and getting to what you build delighted me.

Thank you for this...Sacred 2 builders are rejoicing round the world.

And welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Just Downloaded!

And This Works Wonders.

Thanks Tapir, And Thanks Gogo For Asking Him To Make It On Here.

:) :)

-Jamie.

Edited by Jrmoore2

Selectable fonts/colors (I'm not sure of background img) could be made under Excel 2007 but I try to maintain the backward compatibility with earlier versions and also try to keep it as simple as possible for smaller file size. I'm open to suggestions though. :biggrin:

The best would be an online js version as somebody mentioned on SIF but I'm afraid it's beyond my capabilities for the time being.

• 3 weeks later...

rev. 1.10a

I'm pleased you like it. :)

Is there anyway we can transfer our characters from one version to the next easily?

Very good remark, I've done the required changes, you can now transfer them (relatively) easily.

1. open the old version

2. 'left-click' on the upper left field containing the first relevant data (C7)

3. pull the horizontal slider to the right (make visible the rigtmost coloumn)

4. press 'SHIFT'+'left-click' on the lower right field (GT16)

5. press 'CTRL+C' (copy), don't close the file

6. open the new version

7. 'left-click' on the C7 field on the targeted page

8. use "Edit -> Paste Special" and select "Values" (do not use "Paste" / 'CTRL+V'!)

Awesome support even better than a certain company that this particular tool helps :drinks: lol just kidding!

But thank you so much for getting back so quickly and helping me to continue to use your tool!

Thanks,

StiCk_eM

Found another thing to fix :drinks: The mod point part isn't working on my HE page, but it is for all the others...? (except Dryad because I don't have one of those planned out).

Keepin' ya busy,

StiCk_eM

rev. 1.11

I've implemented the last thing I was planning, now the sp has full error checking / warning system. It is not "foolproof" but hopefully warns you about every possible mistake.

skill picks:

- red bg & white txt: the skill is already selected

- white bg & red txt: secondary skill and you have less than 5 pts on primary skills

skill points left:

- red bg & white txt: more points spent than available

skill points (main field):

- magenta bg & white txt: lower value entered than it was at previous level

(Entering higher skill points than your actual level is prevented directly.)

>> download << (hosted on SIF)

---

Found another thing to fix :drunkards: The mod point part isn't working on my HE page, but it is for all the others...? (except Dryad because I don't have one of those planned out).

Has anyone else met this problem?

Edited by tapir
  • 4 weeks later...

Great job with this tool!! Very useful. Thanks for putting it together!

I found myself tweaking and adding stuff but you have it locked. Any chance you can send me or publish the password? I'll send you any (useful) change I make so you can distribute it with the official version.

Keep up the good work!!

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank god! I thought the site was down and the link was gone. Glad it's somewhere still. I'm going to save this in like fifty spots and USB drives and hard drives and externals for safe keeping.

Edited by Keyeszx