Shadow Warrior Guide: Astral Malevolent Champion

Attributes:

Strenght: 206

Stamina: 277

Vitality: 217

Dex: 177

Intel: 167

Willpower: 198

I've put most points into Stamina and some into Vitality.

Skills:

Astral lore: 55

Astral focus: 55

Concentration: 12

Constitution: 5

Toughness: 1

Armor lore: 1

Still 4 slots open and 63 skill points left.

Combat Art's:

Spectral hand (2 runes) Clout-Intent-Destruction

Skel fort (2 runes)

Rallied souls (2 runes) Armament- Vivification

Shadow veil (2 runes)

Nether allegiance (1 rune) Squad-Commander-Elite equip

Belligerent vault (1 rune)

Augmenting Guidon (1 rune)

Reflective Emanation (1 rune)

I got a good officer blade like I said so I don't know if these runes/level things on my Combat Art's are the real one. My wep got +100 to skills so I think that makes a diffirence. Hope you can help me out with this

I know you dont want to hear this but I would scrap your character and remake one. Here is the problem you did not modd the most important skill even if you use the build in this guide or the one I am going to suggest. This is why your having alot of problems and with 110 skill points total already in Astral Lore and Focus it would take about another 60 or so skill points to fully mod this which at 2 skills points per level it will take you 30 more levels to fix this problem which would put you in platinum / niob which you would not survive nor would your 4 skellies running around.

Shadow Veil is a must to be modded first and eat about 25 to 30 runes by the time you hit level 25 this will give you 100% invisibility and allows you to cast spectral hand, raise minions etc with out becoming visible to the monsters.

Nether allegiance is the next to be modded as indicated in the previous post. Having just two skellies but reading runes to make their level 2x higher than yours is a must.

So I would place any set items, important jewelery, potions, etc. into my chest. I would sell the rest and convert my runes to the ones I need.

Now you can use Stephane's guide here in this post which works great or you can use this pure summoner guide which allows you to sit back command your minions. Along with finding good set items etc.

Skills:

Astral Lord Lore:75

Astral lord Focus:75

Concentration: 75

Tactics lore:9 (Lets you mod fully 1 Combat Art in Malevolent = Augmenting Guidon)

Riding:5

Enhanced Perception:75

Armor Lore:75

Duel Wield:1

Malevolent Champion Focus:75

Ancient Magic:75

Mod the combat arts in this order

Astral:

Shadow Veil : Creep (1a), Fade (2b) and Sinister Pact => Increase furtivity + Reduces detection with spells + Permanent effect (buff)

Nether Allegiance : Sharp Blades (1b), Tower Shield (2b) and Elite Equipment (3b) => Damage + Armor x2

Skeletal Fortification : Rapid Fire (1a), Ice Shards (2b) and Scatter Shot (3a) => Firing rate + Ice Damage + another projectile

Rallied Soul : Armament (1a), Vivification (2a) and Contagion (3a) => Armor + Soul duration + Infection

Malevolent Champion:

Augmenting Guidon : Ensign (1b), Healing (2a) and Fear (3a) => Expend Area of effect + Healing in the area of effect + Reduces attack of the opponents

Reflective Emanation : Backslash (1b), Antimagic (2b) and Idol (3b) => Reflect ranged + Reflect spells/AdC + Area effect

Belligerent Vault : Routine (1b), Shock (2b) and Commotion (3a) => Regeneration + Confused/slow down + Stun in the area.

P.S. Once you get Augmenting Guidon and Skeletal Fortification modded put them in a combo works great for orc cave.

Edited by Zeus331
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm that is indeed what I didnt want to hear :badbad:. So there isn't any chance to get everything good again?

By the way the build you posted hasn't got spectral hand modded. Is that right? And what are mine attack skills in your build or I deal no damage myself whatsoever?

Hmm that is indeed what I didnt want to hear :). So there isn't any chance to get everything good again?

By the way the build you posted hasn't got spectral hand modded. Is that right? And what are mine attack skills in your build or I deal no damage myself whatsoever?

I say no chance of correcting. I use spectral hand but that is the last thing I mod which is fully modded around level 100. With 2 hard hitting skellies and rally souls fully modded they infect other monsters and convert them. Dont forget to throw out the combo of Augmenting Guidon and Skeletal Fortification no mobs stand a chance. So I barley have to use Spectral Hand except when fighting bosses. Remember you are the General of your Army

Ok that sounds perfect for me. Thank you for your help. How should I set my skills? Keep Lore and Focus on level or should I level all the 75 together in the same speed?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I dont want to waste my char again and my English is not that perfect. So the skellies do I need to keep at my level x2. (so for example at level 10 have level 20 skellies?)

Edited by xiqu0n
Ok that sounds perfect for me. Thank you for your help. How should I set my skills? Keep Lore and Focus on level or should I level all the 75 together in the same speed?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I dont want to waste my char again and my English is not that perfect. So the skellies do I need to keep at my level x2. (so for example at level 10 have level 20 skellies?)

Astral Lore and Focus keep at your level until you have modded every skill in Astral

Concentration keep at level until you get it to 75 then stop (this allows for third buff RE just make sure you put enough points to MCF to mod RE)

Enhanced Perception keep as close to your level

These four skills should be maxed around level 80 or so and Enhanced Perception should be the fourth skill at maxed after that what ever you like.

As far as skellies when you look at the combat art you will see it say skellie level keep that level 2x your characters level.

So Astral lore and focus should be 75 at 75? Because u said u didn't mod spectral at first. Then you need like 65 skills in it right?

And what attributes should I pick. full sta?

What is the use of Enchanced Perception/riding and dual wield?

So Astral lore and focus should be 75 at 75? Because u said u didn't mod spectral at first. Then you need like 65 skills in it right?

And what attributes should I pick. full sta?

What is the use of Enchanced Perception/riding and dual wield?

Astral Lore and Focus should be kept at your level at all times

Mods points become available when you have a certain amount of skill points put into the lore or focus or both focus and lore combined in one aspect. At levels 3,5,9,14,22,31,42,55,70,87,106,126,149,173 and 199. Here is an example if you had 35 points into Astral lore and 35 points into Astral focus. You would have a total of 70 skill points placed into both therefore you would be rewarded a mod point to use in Astral to mod what ever you want. So to mod every combat art in Astral you would have to place 100 skill points into focus and 99 into lore. Remember skill points can only be maintained to your level so you would have to be level 100 to fully mod all Astral Combat Arts.

Riding allows you to mod Enhance Perception (Allows you to find better items, sets, better quest rewards ect) It is up to you if you want to use them or not. If you are going to use Enhanced Perception remember you only need to put 5 points into riding to unlock Enhanced Perception.

Dual Wield allows you to hold two weapons. Example you stated you have a sword with +64 all skills you would be able to hold 2 of them. If you are not going to use dual wield then dont put any points into tactics lore either because points into tactics lore unlocks dual wield.

Vit or Stam preferred vit but you mix between both

Edited by Zeus331

Ok thank you. I was wondering because for example spectral uses the dmg from weapons so with dual wield it doesn't work that well. But now I understand I don't have to deal dmg whatsoever so it doesn't matter which weaps I equip.

If I get it right I can put Nether allegiance, Shadow veil and Reflective full with runes right? They are buffs for me now so regeneration doesn't matter for them anymore.

Ok thank you. I was wondering because for example spectral uses the dmg from weapons so with dual wield it doesn't work that well. But now I understand I don't have to deal dmg whatsoever so it doesn't matter which weaps I equip.

If I get it right I can put Nether allegiance, Shadow veil and Reflective full with runes right? They are buffs for me now so regeneration doesn't matter for them anymore.

correct but you cant use Reflect Emanuation until you have concentration maxed at 75

Jep I'm level 83 now so I got 3 buffs. Were can I find that many runes? I know there is a runemaster but he never has mine runes. I heard something about mixing 4 runes to get 1 of your choice?

And others say that when u use many runes from one aspect the whole aspect becomes slow. So if I for example eat 40 nether runes everthing will gets slower. Is this true?

Edited by xiqu0n
Jep I'm level 83 now so I got 3 buffs. Were can I find that many runes? I know there is a runemaster but he never has mine runes. I heard something about mixing 4 runes to get 1 of your choice?

And others say that when u use many runes from one aspect the whole aspect becomes slow. So if I for example eat 40 nether runes everthing will gets slower. Is this true?

Okay so you did not remake your character, I can see. It is a yes and no answer to you eating runes. Yes it will raise combat arts regen times but No because if you maxed concentration and have been placing pints into Stamina it will off set the regen problems.

Since you did not mod your skellies for better equipment and damage. You are in a must to read runes in Nether Allegiance.

How to convert runes is very easy. Go to a rune master, once in his screen you will see the runes from your inventory. Now you have the option to select the runes you want to trade for the runes you want for a price. You have four choices you can:

Trade one rune and pay 125,000 gold

Trade two runes and pay 25,000 gold

Trade three runes and pay 5,000 gold

Trade four runes and pay 500 gold

Once you have selected how many runes you want to trade, you push the button that allows you to go to the next window to select the rune you want. You can select any rune for any character and what ever combat art you would like.

You can do this over and over until either you run out of runes or run out of gold.

If you are uber rich and have alot of dough to spend then I suggest 1 for 1, I know 125k is alot to spend but what are you going to do with the money any way because your character is not a shopper. If you only have a few millions then I would suggest the 2 runes for 1 for 25k. I would not advise doing anything lower than this at your level. Dont forget to boost up your RE.

Edited by Zeus331

Ok thanks for the reply. I did make a new character, but I met a guy who helped me lvling with an uber axe. Anyway the explanation with sta + concentration helps me alot there. I didn't know how many concentration I needed but with max u mean 1 point a level right?

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to give this a shot with halved weapons (2 other toons DW-ing, not ready for a 3rd) and Blacksmithing.

Thanks for the great guide and answers through the thread.

• 3 months later...

hi guys starting over on the game after ages of not playign an wanted to try this build out with a friend so is it co-op friendly?

also is Constitution really needed? as you are invisible so its only traps that will hurt me or does Area of Effect attacks still hurt me to?

also it says all attribute points to strength would I not need any into stamina to keep regen down or would concerntration alone keep them low enough

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated :gun2: