Shadow Warrior Guide: Astral Malevolent Champion

I wish I could state my character build. I didn't memorize it haha since I'm at work.

However I could remember some things when I started the game as a SW

Before I could take Dual Wield I had to get level 5 Sword mastery

The build that I read here did not have that at all. T___T So is it just on the PS3 version that I'm required to get this?

Im at level 45 now and 2 more skill slots remaining. I'm about to get Constitution and Combat Reflex

The skills that I remember having are the ff. (tell me if this is ok)

Sword mastery

Dual Mastery

Concentration

Astral Lore

Astral Focus

Malevolent Champion Focus

Riding

Armor Lore

I still have a few questions on my first post that Im waiting for answers too ^_^

Thanks all.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could state my character build. I didn't memorize it haha since I'm at work.

However I could remember some things when I started the game as a Shadow Warrior

Before I could take Dual Wield I had to get level 5 Sword mastery

The build that I read here did not have that at all. T___T So is it just on the PS3 version that I'm required to get this?

Im at level 45 now and 2 more skill slots remaining. I'm about to get Constitution and Combat Reflex

The skills that I remember having are the ff. (tell me if this is ok)

Sword mastery

Dual Mastery

Concentration

Astral Lore

Astral Focus

Malevolent Champion Focus

Riding

Armor Lore

I still have a few questions on my first post that Im waiting for answers too ^_^

Thanks all.

Dual Wield is a Secondary Skill choice for Shadow Warriors. You must invest 5 hard points into ANY Primary Skill choice before you unlock the ability to select Dual Wield as a skill.

Here is the the link to the skills page:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Skills

If you look under the Offensive Skills section you will notice that the Primary Skills choices for Shadow Warriors are Hafted Weapons, Pole Arms, Sword Weapons and Tactics Lore. You can choose any one of those 4 skills and upon putting 5 points into that skill you can then choose Dual Wield the next time you unlock a new skill slot.

Loving the guide, just wondering, what should I go for first for best results in terms of point placement. I keep tactics=my level but I'm not sure what to do for others in terms of order. I was thinking keep up whatever I need most.

Thanks.

Since you will be invisible soon enough, you can go for concentrations (concentration 3 buff and astra lord focus) and damage skills (Astral lord Lore, tactic lore and ancient magic) first.

I have a few questions myself:

What main things do you look for when you socket your items?

How do you keep your regen times low with 2 buffs adding a lot of +Regen times?

What weapons do you dual wield?

How do you setup your combos if you use them?

What is a good time frame to keep the regen times at for the main Combat Arts?

1 - Damage and attack value +xx% with rings damage +xx-xx and attack value + xx% or damage +xx% and attack value +xx%.

2 - Shadow veil is very low (10%) and reflective emanation/nether allegeance are around 30-40%, which mean +100% to regen times. The shoulders from Infernal Torment offer a good stamina bonus, and you can forge stamina bonus if you want to lower the penalty from buffs.

3 - Officier Saber or Khandar's slicer.

4 - Frenzied rampage in a combo, Rousing Command + Augmenting guidon + Killing Spree in another one, Skeletal Fortification in the third one, and rallied soul in the last one.

5 - Frenzied rampage around 3-5s under the buffs

Highlighting number 4 at the bottom you said your combos include frenzied rampage by itself? got the rousing command/ augmenting G /and KIlling spree. uh, then skelatal fort by itself? and then rallied souls by itself? Not really sure what you combined with those three. Also, is cross combining a good thing cause then you lock yourself out of a double attack. Personally I like to combine guildon and skelatal fort on my death warrior build. I guess since needing frenzied to attack that wouldn't be a good idea?

how would you mod the rest of your your deathwarrior ? at about warrior level 15 tactics lore I got a fourth mod point so im finished with rousing guess I'll hit demonic blow sweep. or onslaught. (man I think console is completely different.) Also, I'm noticing a different percent chance to be detected on my ride. I get seen everytime I hit from my it hope this improves later (level 18 Shadow Warrior now) btw loving the build so far sept for the fact when your invisible mercs seem to get attacked alot more....

• 2 weeks later...

Which combos did you use (or just what did you put in the 4 slots?)?

Edit: found the answer above mine (few posts up) 1 Frenzied Rampage 2 Guidon + Rousing + Killing Spree 3 Skeletal Fortress 4 Rallied Soul

Edited by claudius

That's the problem with old guides which were written before consoles and AddOn. In the Addon or on consoles RpH (Regeneration per hit) is working. So taking combat discipline for 10/20% reduction of regenetration times is a waste on a RpT build. If you play with combinations the last Combat Art in the combination should be a weapon based attack to recharge the whole combination.

That's the problem with old guides which were written before consoles and AddOn. In the Addon or on consoles RpH (Regeneration per hit) is working. So taking combat discipline for 10/20% reduction of regenetration times is a waste on a RpT build. If you play with combinations the last Combat Art in the combination should be a weapon based attack to recharge the whole combination.

I'm going to safely assume that most people take Combat Discipline for the boost in damage it provides, and since you're getting the skill for that purpose you might as well take advantage of the secondary effect of regen reduction provided by the skill.

• 4 weeks later...

Does the Idol Mod for Reflective Emanation cause you to take damage when your Skeletons/Nether Allegiance guys take damage? I've often heard about you taking damage when they get hit by stuff, but could that mod be the reason why? Maybe Idol is glitched or something and it cuases the damage to reflect to you. Someone with extensive knowledge of the game should reserach this.

Edited by sigma20xx
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm going to safely assume that most people take Combat Discipline for the boost in damage it provides, and since you're getting the skill for that purpose you might as well take advantage of the secondary effect of regen reduction provided by the skill.

Probably a safe assumption. I will get it for mine because of the 3rd Combat Art in the combo. Sweep/Rampage/Rallied Souls and Command/Spree/Fortress are planned. I would like to try Guidion/Vault/Rampage to see how it functions on console. I've found that mixing targeted and untargeted (or spacial targeting) don't mix well. I'll see.

Does the Idol Mod for Reflective Emanation cause you to take damage when your Skeletons/Nether Allegiance guys take damage? I've often heard about you taking damage when they get hit by stuff, but could that mod be the reason why? Maybe Idol is glitched or something and it cuases the damage to reflect to you. Someone with extensive knowledge of the game should reserach this.

Ooh, double-post! Argh, here comes the :bounce: ................run! ooh, I see. Nice effect merging my D-P.

I tried offline coop on PS3, with Veil as only buff. Levelling up with a level 103 in niob, any spell affect hitting by friend insta-RIPs me. So I don't think it's a bug. If you play perma-veiled, I believe solo is the way to go.

Edited by essjayehm

Ooh, double-post! Argh, here comes the :thumbsup: ................run! ooh, I see. Nice effect merging my D-P.

I tried offline coop on PS3, with Veil as only buff. Levelling up with a level 103 in niob, any spell affect hitting by friend insta-RIPs me. So I don't think it's a bug. If you play perma-veiled, I believe solo is the way to go.

I won't be playing perma-veiled, so I might be in some trouble. I was planning on keeping it as a spell.

• 3 weeks later...

A little question, Stephane.

Lets say that u r using minions, skeletal fortification and spectral hand so u can stay invisible the whole time. Does that render Tactics Lore totally useless since it doesn't do anything for any of the non-weapon based Combat Arts? Did u pick it only for DW? It's strange cos u put 195 points in it... does that mean u do fight with weapons? If so, why the invisibility buff?

Also, wouldn't it be better if u picked Death Warrior focus to raise Rousing Command level etc. and then u could have picked Hafted or Sword weapons instead of DW?

I'm just puzzled by the Tactics Lore choice. Can u explain it? :butcher:

A little question, Stephane.

Lets say that u r using minions, skeletal fortification and spectral hand so u can stay invisible the whole time. Does that render Tactics Lore totally useless since it doesn't do anything for any of the non-weapon based Combat Arts? Did u pick it only for DW? It's strange cos u put 195 points in it... does that mean u do fight with weapons? If so, why the invisibility buff?

Also, wouldn't it be better if u picked Death Warrior focus to raise Rousing Command level etc. and then u could have picked Hafted or Sword weapons instead of DW?

I'm just puzzled by the Tactics Lore choice. Can u explain it? :butcher:

Zatoichi, I haven't see a post from Stephane since '09, so I'll take a stab at this one!

Tactics Lore:

Demonic Blow, Scything Sweep and Frenzied Rampage. Veiled Shadow Warrior can use these Combat Art's without breaking the veil. Probably mostly for Frenzied and the double-hits (80+% chance).

Dual Weilding:

Although my preference is 2H hammer with veiled Shadow Warrior, DW can offer more slots.

Death Warrior Focus:

I am guessing that something had to be sacrificed for his build, and this was it. This build seems to prefer Frenzied Rampage, minions and Spectral Hand, so DWF was the scapegoat.

Ninja edit: I had a look-see at the specifics of his build, I believe his skills are correct for his playstyle. For more melee capabilities, maybe Ancient Magic can be removed for DW Focus, and take advantage of high-level DW Combat Art's.

Edited by essjayehm

Ooh, double-post! Argh, here comes the :butcher: ................run! ooh, I see. Nice effect merging my D-P.

I won't be playing perma-veiled, so I might be in some trouble. I was planning on keeping it as a spell.

Should be no trouble with that. Just watch out for the Fen Fires and champion Garami with their ice spell, as well as sandmen and Temple Guardian's with their fire traps. When summons (skellies or Rallied Souls) get hit with them, you will take damage as well when you are veiled. Espically the fire traps, everytime a minion steps on one, it activates the damage.

Edited by essjayehm
Demonic Blow, Scything Sweep and Frenzied Rampage. Veiled Shadow Warrior can use these Combat Art's without breaking the veil

Really? Ah, well that explains it then. I didn't know that, I thought that any weapon based attack, Combat Art or not, breaks the veil and that only non-weapon based Combat Arts work with the veil. Cool then, very cool. :D

Yup, the tactics lore is here for the Combat Art's damage :D

Frenzied rampage works better with two weapons. And as essjayehm said, Combat Art don't cancel the shadow veil, only normal left click attacks does.

Ancient magic is mostly/only for the skeletal fortification.

Greetings,

Stéphane.

• 1 month later...

Hello guys I'm also new to this forum. I play this game on the xbox 360 and I was wondering....

Does this build goes along with the 360 version? I was making an Astral build when I saw this one. I also have questions.....

My attack looks like this: Got 4 skellies from the buff, so when I attack I summon the tower + banner. The only thing I do afterwards is making an army with rallied souls and using Spectral Hand ALOT! What should be best for me to pick then, since I haven't spend much skills yet and I'm level 55. Is it better for me to use more from the Malevolent and also set my skills with that or should I just stick to my spectral hand?

Hello guys I'm also new to this forum. I play this game on the xbox 360 and I was wondering....

Does this build goes along with the 360 version? I was making an Astral build when I saw this one. I also have questions.....

My attack looks like this: Got 4 skellies from the buff, so when I attack I summon the tower + banner. The only thing I do afterwards is making an army with rallied souls and using Spectral Hand ALOT! What should be best for me to pick then, since I haven't spend much skills yet and I'm level 55. Is it better for me to use more from the Malevolent and also set my skills with that or should I just stick to my spectral hand?

First off welcome to the forums. This is a great place for alot of information but you remember some of the newer builds are made for pc blood and ice.

Yes this build will work for consoles. The biggest thing using Frenzied Rampage or Scything Sweep is not to break you being invisible.

Now onto your questions I can tell you already you made the wrong choices for your skellies. You should not have 4 of them running around. You should have modded them for better equiptment etc.

You seem to be more of a summoner type build where you are the general and you command your minons to do the work for you and every now and then you assist by using spectral hand. There is nothing wrong with this but in that case I would suggest looking at the Larry riches guide.

Here are some of the key Modds it would be up to you to decided if you want to be pure summoner or want to get your hands dirty:

Shadow Veil : Creep (1a), Fade (2b) and Sinister Pact => Increase furtivity + Reduces detection with spells + Permanent effect (buff)

Nether Allegiance : Sharp Blades (1b), Tower Shield (2b) and Elite Equipment (3b) => Damage + Armor x2

Skeletal Fortification : Rapid Fire (1a), Ice Shards (2b) and Scatter Shot (3a) => Firing rate + Ice Damage + another projectile

Rallied Soul : Armament (1a), Vivification (2a) and Contagion (3a) => Armor + Soul duration + Infection

Augmenting guidon : Ensign (1b), Healing (2a) and Fear (3a) => Expend Area of effect + Healing in the area of effect + Reduces attack of the opponents

Reflective Emanation : Backslash (1b), Antimagic (2b) and Idol (3b) => Reflect ranged + Reflect spells/AdC + Area effect

Belligerent Vault : Routine (1b), Shock (2b) and Commotion (3a) => Regeneration + Confused/slow down + Stun in the area

Edited by Zeus331

I think I got the summoner build now, but is it still possible to make a great build without starting from level 1 again? I also like the story you told from the general, but then I wanted to ask if the build I'm making now is also fine.

I remembered were I got my build from, it was:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9855

Thank god I've spared quite a lot skillpoints so if I want I can still make some changes. I hope you guys can really help me out with this, because I'm in gold now and I'm only doing good damage because of the officer blade some guy gave me. When I haven't got that weapon I suck aswell on damage dealing as on surviving.

I think I got the summoner build now, but is it still possible to make a great build without starting from level 1 again? I also like the story you told from the general, but then I wanted to ask if the build I'm making now is also fine.

I remembered were I got my build from, it was:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9855

Thank god I've spared quite a lot skillpoints so if I want I can still make some changes. I hope you guys can really help me out with this, because I'm in gold now and I'm only doing good damage because of the officer blade some guy gave me. When I haven't got that weapon I suck aswell on damage dealing as on surviving.

Well as far as modding I gave it all to you except Spectral Hand in my previous post.

Now the question is what skills have you taken so far?

do you have any open skill slots where you have to still pick?

How many skill points do you have that you still have to use?

What have you modded so far?

This will help to see where we can go from there.

I do have to admit I have made about 4 of these Summoners so far my very first was the one your link took me to at that time it was the only guide for a pure summoner.

Attributes:

Strenght: 206

Stamina: 277

Vitality: 217

Dex: 177

Intel: 167

Willpower: 198

I've put most points into Stamina and some into Vitality.

Skills:

Astral lore: 55

Astral focus: 55

Concentration: 12

Constitution: 5

Toughness: 1

Armor lore: 1

Still 4 slots open and 63 skill points left.

Combat Art's:

Spectral hand (2 runes) Clout-Intent-Destruction

Skel fort (2 runes)

Rallied souls (2 runes) Armament- Vivification

Shadow veil (2 runes)

Nether allegiance (1 rune) Squad-Commander-Elite equip

Belligerent vault (1 rune)

Augmenting Guidon (1 rune)

Reflective Emanation (1 rune)

I got a good officer blade like I said so I don't know if these runes/level things on my Combat Art's are the real one. My wep got +100 to skills so I think that makes a diffirence. Hope you can help me out with this