Sacred 2 Golden Jockstrap...ewwwwwwwww

Course.. now I'm just a bit curious to see what the rest of that set looks like...

But that feeling lasted only a scant fraction of a femtosecond...

don't worry..it's gone now

:o

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

heh, ayup. That was a pretty gruesome moment. Course, I'm now stuck with that equipment for lowbie SW's becuase it's got tons of sockets.

Oh, the pain

:drunkards:

gogo

There are tons of diaper-belt models for the SW.. and armored sneakers... what were the designers thinking?

dfaghdfh.jpg

I mean.. really? :blink:

The sad thing is though, we need them, because without them (that is, when using a normal belt, not a diaper/jockstrap) our big, horn-covered chestplates looks like this:

namnldfns.jpg

Why would they do that? That doesnt make sense, neither in looks nor function...

Hey, at least that last one doesn't have a tramp-stamp tat, scarecroww. That would just be tooo awesome! :blink:

I can say that my SW has never shown unnecessary skin other than on his arms :tongue: He's a bit of a fashion snob but I love him all the same.

BTW, notice my sig? ...mwahahahahahahaha! drawing in the poor chaps that let curiosity win

:)

• 3 weeks later...

This thread basically shows why the belt that look like a dress is about the best design a sw has to offer. Its not something I had considered before this post. All of them look bad to a degree but I hadn't noticed before. Sure, I can say they are kilts and live with it, as I have no choice... except delete all my Shadow Warriors but that is too drastic, even for me.

I had originally meant to post that the Dendarins set belt is best in design, but that is what led to paragraph 1. The only problem with that belt is fact that if you wear it with other legs from other sets, they don't draw right. Thjis only happens with this set item, belts that look similar draw correctly.

There are some good sets though. And enough rares not to need sets.

Edited by Colif
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally the truth revealed, the developers got the SW golden diapers from...

bruno_poster.jpeg

btw I'm not sure if posting this image is ok or not so feel free to remove it if need be. It's just the backend of Gogo's SW with the golden jockstrap reminded me so much of the Bruno poster :D

Edited by Raventiger

IDK but there are also metallic short-shorts

who wears short-shorts ! I WHERE SHORT-SHORTS ! :)

anyways most of those sneaker and baby diaper builds are actually decent looking if you add leggings, even the Gold jock strap, when combined it looks like plate armor :whip:

Edited by elderago
  • 1 month later...

Heh, elderago

Well, once I get over my permanent shudder of the nightmare of wearing the jockstrap...maybe one day I'll put the entire golden suit together. You know, I'd always wondered if there were actual "sets" made that are made to go together. How many would there be? And wouldn't it be really cool if, when you put together one of these secret sets...you got a sweet bonus?

What an Easter Egg that would be.

:viking:

gogo

• 2 months later...

There's actually a thread around here somewhere with all of the different puchaseable sets. These underwears look pretty ghastly on their own, but I think I was told that as part of a greater whole they have their place on a fashion runway.

right

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

Scary part is I think I am wearing those golden pants now, or at least, the design. The lack of belts is a big thing, you either wear the Armantins look or the Dendarins look, and the dendarins belt doesn't work with the armantins leg design. Clearly no fashion designers were asked to do the Shadow Warrior gear, as it is easier to get a set that clashes than one that doesn't.

Scary part is I think I am wearing those golden pants now, or at least, the design. The lack of belts is a big thing, you either wear the Armantins look or the Dendarins look, and the dendarins belt doesn't work with the armantins leg design. Clearly no fashion designers were asked to do the Shadow Warrior gear, as it is easier to get a set that clashes than one that doesn't.

I`m really not a fan at all of the Shadow Warrior`s gear... the golden stuff is actually funny but all the rest is just plain down right ugly.

Who wants to look like a crab.

:oooo:

gogo

He isn't like a seraphim/HE, you aren't meant to spend all your time looking at him but over his shoulder as he dispatches another monster. When your Armor is going to be covered in blood most of the time, appearance is the least of its design aims. Crabs are well armored so if it takes looking like one to get job done, so be it. Before Ice and Blood I never saw him since I always had buffs showing, Reflective Emanation normally covered his Armor over sights.

It would have been great if all the Ice and Blood sets actually made it into Ice and Blood, but when a Shadow Warrior set is marked as an XBOX set in PC code, you have little hope.

Edited by Colif
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to make this post for 30 minutes, but that is my ISP's fault.

I found new pants that don't look that bad, if the photobucket page ever loads I will amend a picture to this post. I feel like I am on dial up all over again.

akarimlegacyappearance.jpg

akarimlegacystats.jpg

They are on wiki already, I just thought I would share :blink:

Well, I have tactics & constitution at level 75, Next will be Poles and then I have spare points for the neglected areas, like armor. I think its base score is 22 currently, I have too many bonuses to be sure

Their description of belt looks like a skirt to me, I get it mixed up a lot. Either way it looks good. It would have made more sense if the chest plates in this game extended to the groin area (like the ones in Torchlight do) so that belts actually did their job, rather than representing a portion of the body.

Edited by colif