Sacred 2 Golden Jockstrap...ewwwwwwwww

Since there appear to be two helms but only 1 chest, appearances would depend on which helm you get. Either way, the chest seems to have an odd color scheme (looking at wiki) and none of the items seem to match anyway.

Baeltow's Strength looks like a spelling error considering how its spelled on the other two uniques - Baelthow's Pride & Baelthow's Promise - but error is on end of developers, not wiki staff. Curious if these 3 look any good combined.

• 4 years later...

Well gogo... I for one don't care what the armour looks like.

Yeah right, lol...you don't have to be held captive looking at his gilded, golden bee-hind as he saunters over to kill stuff with his two-hander which for some reason seems to really give his hips some really strange moves!

diaper.jpg

:4rofl:

gogo

I dunno.. Those golden undies remind me of an overfull diaper.. :sick:

• 1 month later...

405px-Lordaeron.png

This set is the most wicked set of all. The trouble is that the set pieces drop too rarely. I'm not sure if there are any variables in the drop file that would change that.

Still, If I have to wear a golden diaper I'll certainly be using Shadow Veil.

The trouble is that the set pieces drop too rarely. I'm not sure if there are any variables in the drop file that would change that.

It is very hard to complete. I think I tweaked the drop probabilities to be higher in the Item Mod, but that may have just been an abandoned experiment.

The trouble is that the set pieces drop too rarely. I'm not sure if there are any variables in the drop file that would change that.

It is very hard to complete. I think I tweaked the drop probabilities to be higher in the Item Mod, but that may have just been an abandoned experiment.

Wouldn't it be easier to just make the set a SW quest reward? The Christmas island has a Christmas set, so it is doable in theory.

Also, for all the new Comunity Patch quests developed for the game, there are no new class specific quests. Why is that?

Edited by SX255
  • Like! 1

Wouldn't it be easier to just make the set a SW quest reward?

No. That would be about 100 times the work. Unless you just tacked it onto an existing quest as a reward, which would be lazy and severely unbalanced. In fact I can't imagine a quest complex enough to justify giving out an entire armor set as powerful as the lich king set. Even the class chain quests, which span the entire campaign, only give out a single weapon as a reward.

But in order for that to happen, there would need to be 6 other equally epic looking sets that would need to be created, not to mention an epic long series of quests that would give the class related gear as a reward.

We added a ton of epic looking sets for characters in the Item Mod, and some were intended to have corresponding quests. Quests were always just lower priority for me though, primarily due to the huge amount of work for relatively low payoff.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

To add to what Silver Fox posted...

I think most of the class quests were adequately done - the only class that I think got the sticky end of the proverbial lollipop was the Dragon Mage. His class quest is over when he visits Merkill...

Kind of a letdown. Maybe the devs would have expounded on that a bit and made it more interesting - but they kinda went out of business before anything could be done.

In addition to that.. If you look at how class quests are structured, one quests chains into the next.

Quest A tells you to go kill so and so, get such and such. Quest B then tells you to go visit NPC B. NPC B tells you to do so on and so forth then go visit NPC C. And so on till the end of the chain. In order to add new quests, you would have to break one of the existing quests and have it point to another NPC or another target. Then have the new quest point to the previous quest - to get it back on track.

More work than just setting up an NPC somewhere and have him give all classes a task to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I often wear sub-optimal gear just to avoid the effect in the OP. Being maxed out to fight evil as a superhero is great and all, but I want to look fabulous while doing it. ;)

I recently did Christmas Island with both a shadow warrior and a dragon mage in honor of the season (kind of a yearly tradition of mine), and the Merry Christmas set for the shadow warrior did indeed suck eggs. I took it off immediately.

However, I'm finding that the set for my dragon mage is actually useable for an early level (56 on gold) dragon mage, and it has arguably better bonuses than my other, still incomplete sets. The set bonus is +9.6% to experience, and the individual pieces give significant reduction to regeneration times, as well as a few other good bonuses for a caster dragon mage, and each piece has two slots, enabling lots of nice mix-and-match jewelry and blacksmith arts possibilities.

EDIT: I've been playing a bit this afternoon still wearing the Merry Christmas set, and that xp bonus has gone up to +10.5% after only a couple of level-ups. It appears to scale with character level. That makes it even more useful, imo.

Do all sets scale their synergy bonuses with character level? I always thought that it was the aggregate equipment level of the pieces that determined the bottom line synergy bonuses.

The main temptation for me to take it back off, is that if I combine three pieces of any two of the three common dragon mage sets, I get a total +8 to all skills, and as soon as I have two pieces of Mavv's, I can use those for the last two armor slots to get another +3 to all skills.

Right now, I'm enjoying wearing the Merry Christmas set, and I'm roflstomping the gold level game, so I don't need the more optimal +all skills bonuses, and the experience bonus from the Christmas set is helping me level faster.

I'll probably change into something more power-gamey whenever I start to feel the game getting harder, but for now, I'm having a blast running around looking like Santa Claus. (Or Father Christmas, if you're on the other side of the pond.) I've named my white steed Draconicon mount "Rudolph". It feels even more appropos because I've seen lots of images of Saint Nicholas wearing red, carrying a staff, and riding a white horse. :)

Ah, good times. I think I'll always play Sacred 2 for at least a few months a year, for life.

Edited by belgarathmth
  • Like! 1

I'm not sure about a rate of synergy increasing... though if by "synergy" you mean benefits, perhaps this can be construed by flat values of the equipment, which can be calculated.

And the land where the christmas sets comes from is great excitement. I remember when this land got released, and the quest, enemies, equipment were outstanding, probably one of the best moments of this game for me.

Rudolph, eh?

Sacred still stayin epic!

:l_santa:

gogo

@Gogoblender, thanks for the nice reply.

About the equipment, what I was saying is that the synergy-based experience bonus, I.e. the number listed when I look at the set list, from wearing the complete Merry Christmas set is increasing with my character levels. I was asking whether this was normal behavior for a complete set.

When I put it on after I got it on Christmas Island, the bonus was listed at 9.6%. Now it's showing up as 10.4% or thereabouts after only a couple of character level-ups.

I have not changed out any pieces of it since I put it on, so the levels of the set pieces have not changed. I always thought that set synergy bonuses were based on equipment level, but it seems now to be based on character level. Or it could be a combination of equipment level and character level. Maybe it's a CP thing. I'm playing on 1.4hf.

Since you can get a complete Merry Christmas set at will every time you play a game level, I'll take another look at it and test it when I get my gold level set.

I'll keep watching it to see if it keeps going up. It always amazes me that the mathematics and formulae operating behind the scenes in Sacred 2 are so complicated. I don't think I'll ever figure it all out with any degree of expertise if I live to be 100. :)