Man this has to be the lamest reason for dying yet....got mobbed by rats.....yes, only rats, when everyone started chatting....chat box kept popping up constantly and of course it covered right where I was shooting at....to make things worse I can't even hit the dang spacebar to drink a pot unless I click somewhere or hit ESC so the chat box closes. Now try closing the chat box numerous times while being mobbed, it's not fun :)

Needless to say with the prodigious amount of coordination I presently have, trying to click/run/press ended up with me feeding the daisies

Soooooooooo....please make the chat box appear in a way that I don't have to re-click or close box to continue fighting..at first it was merely annoying and now it's a major aggravation to me right now. The chat box should not have any negative effect while trying to fight enemies, epecially since I wasn't talking to anyone at the time :)

k...rant over :)

Man this has to be the lamest reason for dying yet....got mobbed by rats.....yes, only rats, when everyone started chatting....chat box kept popping up constantly and of course it covered right where I was shooting at....to make things worse I can't even hit the dang spacebar to drink a pot unless I click somewhere or hit ESC so the chat box closes. Now try closing the chat box numerous times while being mobbed, it's not fun :)

Needless to say with the prodigious amount of coordination I presently have, trying to click/run/press ended up with me feeding the daisies

Soooooooooo....please make the chat box appear in a way that I don't have to re-click or close box to continue fighting..at first it was merely annoying and now it's a major aggravation to me right now. The chat box should not have any negative effect while trying to fight enemies, epecially since I wasn't talking to anyone at the time ;)

k...rant over :viking:

Lmao...that's a harsh way to go :twitch:

It's horrible functionality on that dang box they implemented ever since they "patched it. I actually loved the way the chatbox was before..text would "float" would never get in the way, we could read right through it... and even play right through it. Knuckles, I don't wanna say how many times the box was open when I thought I was entering key board commands to get away or flee...and I ended up typing tons of a letter instead!

Sorry about the loss though

:biggrin:

gogo

Yeah, I've done that before (though I don't think I've actually died due to it, but I've been fairly close).

Don't forget that the chat box is better than it was initially, and some people have difficulty seeing the text without some form of opaque backing to it. Not to mention how annoying it was when you're trying to chat & you have to open the chatbox for every single message, or when it didn't show any text when it was closed & you'd never know when someone was trying to talk to you.

Interesting. I like the way they changed the chat box and have never come close to death because of the new popups. As Llama pointed out its nice to see when someone sends you a whisper or chats in the server.

I'm sorry you died because of this. I just can't figure out how it could have happened. :yay: (where is my 4 leaf clover)

If the chat box would appear like it does AFTER you hit enter to send text then it would be fine. The way it pops up now, it forces you to click somewhere on screen or hit esc/enter for it to lose focus. I feel the chat box should only be enabled (just to enter text, otherwise always visible) when you want to send a message, not when someone else does.

The chat box is all wrong.

Here I am online checking out the storage box and someone comes online and says something.

I cant see what they say so I have to exit the storage box.

Then I see what they say and respond.

Then go back to storage.

Then I go to the merchant and someone says something.

I cant see what they say so I have to exit the merchant, see that they didn't say anything to me and then go back to the merchant.

Then repeat for every chat entry.

Also I feel for you knuckles because I too have almost died with that stupid chat box popping up and getting in the way of fighting.

For a game that was supposed to be one that was geared towards being played online, I really think they did a bugger up job of it. :drunkards:

Not just this chat window schmozzle but the whole.... not using account names, light/dark toons cant party up, EU/US servers not joined, all servers being in Germany, unable to respond in game to a whisper from the lobby, and the list goes on.

I shall now get off my soap box and go back and continue to enjoy the game anyways. :drunkards:

Especially annoying when you get a bunch of chatty folks on.

You want to tell them to STFU and play the damn game. But, you try not to be rude.

Transparency would be helpful. IMO.

Jet

... Transparency would be helpful. IMO.

It might also be a good idea to move the entire chat interface so it was underneath everything else at the bottom of the screen ...

• 9 months later...

Bumped this

I just like the title of this thread and I drank a lot of coffee

K, I promise not to look at what the spiders are reading here on this forum

I promise

:oooo:

gogo

p.s. the first chatbox they had was cool. I liked how it just was a part of the game... yeah I know the sliding out thing was kinda weird...but typing in thin air was awesome... kinda proud moment for Sacred 2 technology when it came out.

lol, too bad it was bugged :D

Is there a reason people don't just use headsets and voice chat? Seems much easier... doesn't work if everybody doesn't have a headset though, I guess.

On the 360, whenever somebody messages you (via MSN messenger, specifically), the game is paused automatically if you choose to respond. Then it unpauses when you close the message. For regular console messages (voice messages, texts, pictures whatever), you just receive a small notification (usually at the top or very bottom of the screen) about the message and you can hit a button to read the message (again autopausing the game). Works well enough... haven't had any deaths at all from people message me! :oooo:

It's a good question regarding the head phones. It's a whole different ambience for me. In a strange way, I like the distance and slow down that the typing in parser produces. We used to play a lot of Guild Wars a few years back. So much fun, many late nights, yes addicted again. The time though that we did use headphones to actually listen to others... the world I'd built up as part of the fantasy created with the game completely changed. Ever since then, I've been a bit hesitant to use the mike... I know I'd have to use it one day for a very real time game... but then maybe again that's why I love this game so much...because the pendulum swings when we need it from real time to relax time.

:oooo:

gogo

It's a good question regarding the head phones. It's a whole different ambience for me. In a strange way, I like the distance and slow down that the typing in parser produces. We used to play a lot of Guild Wars a few years back. So much fun, many late nights, yes addicted again. The time though that we did use headphones to actually listen to others... the world I'd built up as part of the fantasy created with the game completely changed. Ever since then, I've been a bit hesitant to use the mike... I know I'd have to use it one day for a very real time game... but then maybe again that's why I love this game so much...because the pendulum swings when we need it from real time to relax time.

:)

gogo

Having experienced both, I see pros and cons either way. Certainly in a coop campaign the instant voice comm. would be nice. You can't type "help!" When your getting mobbed and when rounding up mobs "here I come!" Is tough too. But as gogo said the silence is golden. I have played with friends and strangers over voice and it gets tiring. Not to mention our brilliant bilingual texters from all over the world have no accent when typing. So in my head everybody speaks perfect english. Lol