Inquisitor Guide: Wizard

• 3 months later...

Have you tried using dual wield instead of gruesome aquisiton, and adding the points into astute supremacy, or else where, instead? I'm merely wondering if it's worth the loss of the second weapon, and the stats being used elsewhere... especially when Phlago tested it, making PC seeming 2 b inaffective, being the purpose of why one would use gruesome, instead.

how many runes should I be eating? I'm currently doing a runthrough silver, with no other characters, and I was thinking of making a shopper stave dryad once I start gold. I intend on surging through the main quest, to get to gold, is that a good idea, or should I continue doing quests in silver too? As I'm not sure how much time it'd add to clock the game completely 4 times is it? silver+gold+plat+nio?

how many runes should I be eating? I'm currently doing a runthrough silver, with no other characters, and I was thinking of making a shopper stave dryad once I start gold. I intend on surging through the main quest, to get to gold, is that a good idea, or should I continue doing quests in silver too? As I'm not sure how much time it'd add to clock the game completely 4 times is it? silver+gold+plat+nio?

Surging thru silver should be no problems to hit gold for level 40-ish. There really isn't any point to get there faster, since the minimum enemy levels in gold are 40. As long as you are having absolutely no troubles with the normal mobs/champs/elites then keep pushing the main quest. When you start to get hit for more damage than you are comfortable, or if it is taking more than 2-3 hits to kill a normal mob, then slow down and gain a few levels before taking the next boss.

Rune munching can be quite tricky. It all goes on how you have your toon specced out, the best way I can describe this aspect depends on if you are relying on Regeneration per Hit to recharge your Combat Arts. Without using any RpH, I would suggest that if you're using Clustering Maelstrom for your spell, the regen. time should be in the 5-second range. When you start adding RpH, then you can increase that regen by 2-3 times the amount of RpH you have. This is considering you cast Maelstrom, then have a Rutless Mutilation to finish off the 2-3 survivors.

For me, I run a Levin Array / Maelstrom combo. I keep it (so far, 1/2 way thru gold) so it kills 99% of mobs in one combo, but the regeneration times are 10 and 12 seconds, making the combo regeneration 22 seconds. This is OK, because it takes me that 20-30 seconds to gather another group for slaughter. I can also use a concentration potion to lower that regen time for areas with more enemies (swamp, etc) when I need to combo more often than every 22 seconds. I haven't needed RpH for anything other than bossfights, for spamming Callous Execution.

• 1 month later...

Hello there! I've tried this build and it's just perfect :huh: One question, tho, why this set? it has gruesome Inquisitor. bonuses while the build goes to the other two trees, or perhaps to make it balanced between Combat Arts?

Cheers!

Hi,

Catharsis for the slots and armor bonus; illigard's boots for gruesome inquisition focus and evade chance; the belt for slots, vitality and +xx gruesome aspect and the arms for the set bonuses Regeneration Time: Gruesome Inquisition (3 items)

The deylen's gloves for the deathblow chance (before Ice&blood ><) and the bonus to Astute Supremacy's Combat Arts.

If you find a better balanced set of items, feel free to share! :Just_Cuz_12:

Greetings,

Stéphane.