Concentration advice

ok got some thoughts about concentration... should I only put 1 skill on it or should I put more skills on it? what do you other think about it?

I mean sure it lower the regen for all Combat Arts but wouldnt it be possible to have + skill gear at the level of 200? it seems that my 2h sw build just needs it to have 2 buffs.

love to hear what you other thinks about it.

It's possible to make a build without it I would think, but you would need to be pretty creative. Some very good socketing would be involved, and perhaps even the use of Regen per hit. Schot has done some tests with this item modifier, and the results are impressive if you build from the ground up with this in mind.

Good luck, and welcome to DarkMatters!

:dance:

gogo

It's possible to make a build without it I would think, but you would need to be pretty creative. Some very good socketing would be involved, and perhaps even the use of Regen per hit. Schot has done some tests with this item modifier, and the results are impressive if you build from the ground up with this in mind.

Good luck, and welcome to DarkMatters!

gogo

yeah I belive so to. but I will miss the bonus benefit .. and that seems more nice than the other benefits u can get.

I think choice of class could help with this. For an Inquisitor, definitely having all the buffs is a huge bonus...they all rock. But for a class like Dryad, or other one aspect specific builds, the benefits of three bufs could be thought of as being lessened. Voodoo, for example, has great benefits...but the benefits of just capricious hunter and nature weaver alone have great synergy, and don't really need the third buff. As a note here, my level 130 dryad can use all three buffs...but only uses two because the pet is more a visual thing than needed.

gogo

I think choice of class could help with this. For an Inquisitor, definitely having all the buffs is a huge bonus...they all rock. But for a class like Dryad, or other one aspect specific builds, the benefits of three bufs could be thought of as being lessened. Voodoo, for example, has great benefits...but the benefits of just capricious hunter and nature weaver alone have great synergy, and don't really need the third buff. As a note here, my level 130 dryad can use all three buffs...but only uses two because the pet is more a visual thing than needed.

gogo

well sure but the bonus still gives u better regen. 8.4 % and thats alot.

so ill think as I am planning to make a SW 2h hafted will only use 2 buffs GR and RE but the thing is when I have spend 75 skills on concentration I will get the bonus to lower my regen. and what ive learned is that less regen more eaten runes more dmg.

Well, if we get to the point where we can almost dismiss the need of a third buff for a particular build...at that point it only becomes a matter of being able to see if we can create competing regens for the concentration mastery at that high a level. For that, we'd need someone to take a regen per hit build with very high quality (and horribly time consuming! :dance:) socketing and see what happens.

gogo

Did Schot post his experience with regen per hit somewhere? Because this modifier drives me insane. I see an effect on first levels , but later on I see nothing. If someone found out a way to reproduce when regen per hit is working and when it is not I would be really happy.

Given that my alchemy builds have 3.4seconds regen per hit for 50 seconds at 300 alchemy with a demon tooth trophy I would have a lot of ideas once I know how to make regen per hit working in a reproducable way.

It is not working on cooldowns and not on god powers. With 1.8s regen per hit in early game I could spam my magic coup with a reg time of 3 seconds every 2.5 seconds (patch 2.31 was my last testing). So it seems to work but not with the shown numbers.

Did Schot post his experience with regen per hit somewhere? Because this modifier drives me insane. I see an effect on first levels , but later on I see nothing. If someone found out a way to reproduce when regen per hit is working and when it is not I would be really happy.

Given that my alchemy builds have 3.4seconds regen per hit for 50 seconds at 300 alchemy with a demon tooth trophy I would have a lot of ideas once I know how to make regen per hit working in a reproducable way.

It is not working on cooldowns and not on god powers. With 1.8s regen per hit in early game I could spam my magic coup with a reg time of 3 seconds every 2.5 seconds (patch 2.31 was my last testing). So it seems to work but not with the shown numbers.

well dunno about regen / hit but I think it will be pretty hard to get the regen that concentration give at high lvls from items etc.. dont even think u can match it even if u get DW Focus or Malev Focus very high.. cause conc gives to everything.

Well my 2 cents is that you're already taking up a skill slot with Concentration to get the 2nd buff. Unless you have planned out your total skill point allotments and have no room for it, I don't see how putting some points, even up to 75, would hurt. Also, I assume you are using Armor Lore too, as that helps lower some of the hefty regen penalties from armor.

Well my 2 cents is that you're already taking up a skill slot with Concentration to get the 2nd buff. Unless you have planned out your total skill point allotments and have no room for it, I don't see how putting some points, even up to 75, would hurt. Also, I assume you are using Armor Lore too, as that helps lower some of the hefty regen penalties from armor.

Yep, pretty much everything I was about to say was in this last post. Thanks nilihanth for taking the words right outta my mouth, haha :)

I used to say unless you want 3 buffs you should never train this skill BUT I hadnt done the math right.

Lets say your gona have fairly good skills items.

With 1 point you MIGHT manage 50% drop. Thus a 15 second regen becomes 7.5.

Now if you had mastery and that skill boost you will be over 65% drop.. and thus LESS THEN 5 sec regen. In short over 50% longer regen times.

Concentration is certainly one of my favorite skills. The yield it gives is incredible. Even if we found alternate means of getting the regen, unless we were totally speccing out for a one buff build, not getting it to mastery would, I agree, be kind of wasted.

:D

gigi

Concentration is certainly one of my favorite skills. The yield it gives is incredible. Even if we found alternate means of getting the regen, unless we were totally speccing out for a one buff build, not getting it to mastery would, I agree, be kind of wasted.

:oooo:

gigi

hehe finally someone that thinks like I do. the mastery gives a big bonus!