Finally a keyboard

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Yeah

After three years...a keyboard

The old one was so jam-packed with bits of pizza, pad-thai, and god knows waht else. lol, so much coffee had dropped all over it that I figgerred that after three years using the cheapest, flimsiest keyboard out there it was time to get another.

On my trip last weekend to the computer store which that thirty hour fleet save had bought me, I saw this box...big box.

Shiny

And...I went over to check it out and saw what I thought was a pretty neat lookin thingy, but I quickly ran off to the monitors to see if lcd's had come down in price

(yeah they're cheap as all heck now :))

I went back to where I saw the keyboard box and when noone was lookin around I quickly pulled it out and...

fell in love

wow

I have NEVER used a keyboard like this.

It's ergonomics look so strange from a distance, but the moment you put your hands on it you know there is absolutely no way you're leaving without it.

This keyboard faces downwards away from the user!

so..it's kinda like yer hands are drooping down with yer fingers dangling up above the keys!

hahah, its' the coolest thing

I just lean up against all lazy like and post away.

Course, if you can only type while looking at the keys it could take a while gettin used to...but if you can touch type...it's like typing nirvanna.

I read a review about this keyboard when I got home and the reviewer was pretty much in as much bliss as I was then and still am now.

lol, when I went to the chinese restaurant after to get my lunch I, of course, pulled out my new toy and fawned all over it while all the waiters and even some customers came to take a look at the wacky lookin thing I'd bought.

th_keyboard-1.jpg

Here's a link to this keyboard review which is incredibly thorough and kind of delightful to read.

heh, considering the amount of time I spend posting in so many forums, this is one of the best investments I've ever made.

:P

gogo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The link is not working, I think...

So what did you get, huh? Is it one of those split keyboards with the left and right halves tilted about 30 degrees from center? Does it look like a light fighter? Or is there some other cool design I missed...

Tell us more...

Guest gogoblender

hahah, therion

Are my early morning breakfast sorties that famous?

lol, actually this keyboard wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. I've been outta the keyboard buyin business fer a fer years now so this one fit the budget rather nicely.

And at Yarasa...

/rolleyes

:)

gogo

Guest gogoblender

exactly yarasa!

I've seen the images of that one that wil be out in about a year

Each key can be programmed to have it's own image.

or....

each key can be programmed to be part of a larger image.

Can you imagine images displaying across a keyboard?

Who needs monitors?

;)

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

WoW I use my old extended keyboard from Compaq wired..what else and I have aweseome optical mouse made special by IMB for me, wired of course, the other day I was in some weird game TQ, adn found my char, (or toon) not my seat anyhow was running and frekin out w/o I had directed the char to do so with mouse control, to bad I not could handle the game a lavette, doing that to me..

anyhow it me at the keyboard..:D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gogoblender

Isn't it the best though?

I'm really not gettin tired of this puppy

Dont'cha just love drapin yer hands all over the keyboard and just typin all lazyarse style?

:P

gogo

• 3 months later...

oh, the thread that inspired my keyboard purchase :) but guess what... about a month after I got it the Z,X,C,V, Esc, Del and Ins keys stopped working. They just decided not to work anymore. So... Microsoft got one of my patented Angry Client letters. I'm getting a new keyboard thanks to the client satisfaction thing but... Microsoft is now on my do-not-use-things-from-these-guys list :)

Guest gogoblender

wow

dude, you musta gotten a lemon man

YOu have no idea how long I bang away at this keyboard for....

posting

gaming

everything.

and I've had nothing but sweet scores and syruppy solliloques pop out of it.

That's a real shame yers quitted on you like that, but I'm sher it's just a lemon.

Probably some dude putting it together with too much moon shine on his breath

:)

gogo

ps. great seein ya post here again dude...hope yer gaming's doin good

Guest gogoblender

Love that new keyboard

I saw it a year ago when it first started making it's rounds on the net and am waiting for it's release.

lol, in a pinch, you can even have he keyboard switch hit as a monitor.

:thumbsup:

gogo