Quest information.

On the Character Quest page, the information states that the question marks are all blue. They are red for the Inquisitor and green for the Temple Guardian. I think they are also green for the Dryad. They are blue for both the Seraphim and the High Elf. I think they are also blue for the Shadow Warrior. I'm not able to edit that part of the page.

I also just completed the Rusty Inheritance quest for both the light and the shadow TG. The quest steps are the same for either path. However, the reward varies. It is always a pair of leggings (at least it has been so far, I have done this quest several times). However, each time the leggings has had a different name and different stats. On that quest page, the name of the reward should be changed from Potters leggings to a description that reflects the differences. I'm not able to edit that part of that page either.

On the Character Quest page, the information states that the question marks are all blue. They are red for the Inquisitor and green for the Temple Guardian. I think they are also green for the Dryad. They are blue for both the Seraphim and the High Elf. I think they are also blue for the Shadow Warrior. I'm not able to edit that part of the page.

I also just completed the Rusty Inheritance quest for both the light and the shadow TG. The quest steps are the same for either path. However, the reward varies. It is always a pair of leggings (at least it has been so far, I have done this quest several times). However, each time the leggings has had a different name and different stats. On that quest page, the name of the reward should be changed from Potters leggings to a description that reflects the differences. I'm not able to edit that part of that page either.

Added links to the location and npc on your quest. Fixed the "Potters leggings" with "leggings (modifiers can vary)". As for the Character Quest page, that page has been protected. Gogo, Schot, or Zeno will have to edit that part.

Added links to the location and npc on your quest. Fixed the "Potters leggings" with "leggings (modifiers can vary)". As for the Character Quest page, that page has been protected. Gogo, Schot, or Zeno will have to edit that part.

Thanks Slayer. I will be sure to pm you when I come up with questions on how to do something too.

Never realised of that... I'll take a look later on. I'm pretty sure the colour is blue for seraphim, but I'm not sure at all for the rest of chars. I'll check it and then modify the main quests page and the char specific one.

Btw, only the main page is protected, but not the specific one. Thank you for reporting!

Cheers,

Zeno

Never realised of that... I'll take a look later on. I'm pretty sure the colour is blue for seraphim, but I'm not sure at all for the rest of chars. I'll check it and then modify the main quests page and the char specific one.

Btw, only the main page is protected, but not the specific one. Thank you for reporting!

Cheers,

Zeno

Welcome. That's one of those details that is really easy to miss if you don't actually try out all the classes. I'm one of those people like to test the heck out of a game, which means it takes me forever to actually get through all 5 levels in this one.

I just checked the Dryad and Inquisitor quest markers. They show up in blue on the minimap and on the regular map. The Dryad's is green in game and the Inquisitor's is red in game. The Temple Guardian's is also green in game.

Edited by Ysne58

I have had a chance to look at the in game quest markers for both the seraphim and the HE. The seraphim's in game show up as a lighter blue than the ones for the HE. All of the markers look the same on the map for class quests.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the Shadow Warrior. On the map the quest markers are blue. In game, the question marks and explanation points are yellow.

The map markers are also blue for SW... and the question marks yellow? Might be all the map markers blue no matter the PC class and only the question marks are in different colors?

The map markers are also blue for SW... and the question marks yellow? Might be all the map markers blue no matter the PC class and only the question marks are in different colors?

Yes, I believe that is the case. At least it is on the console version. Class quests, on the map, appear as dark blue icons but the actual icons over the people's heads are yellow for Shadow Warrior. Each class has different colored icons for their class quests but they all appear on the map as dark blue.

In general Class quest markers in game should be the colour of the class. Each class has a hex colour associated to them which I think is defined in one of those game installation .txt files. I'll have a lil dig in there. In the mean time here's a graphical representation that should be fairly close if not exact:

[tr][/tr][tr][/tr]

Seraphim

Shadow Warrior

Dryad

Temple Guardian

High Elf

Inquisitor

SEquest.png

SWquest.png

DRquest.png

TGquest.png

HEquest.png

INquest.png

Well I had a dig through the files and my guess is that the hex colour data is sitting in a graphics pak. Too many to look through so the alternative is to look at set items in game. Each Classes set item shows the class name in it's defined hex colour. Just need a colour grabber to show the hex code for it which is much easier than digging through files.

P.s.

Ohh that line on the wiki about class quests all having a blue question mark was me from looooong ago. My bad! :lol:

In general Class quest markers in game should be the colour of the class. Each class has a hex colour associated to them which I think is defined in one of those game installation .txt files. I'll have a lil dig in there. In the mean time here's a graphical representation that should be fairly close if not exact:

Seraphim

Shadow Warrior

Dryad

Temple Guardian

High Elf

Inquisitor

[/tr][tr]
SEquest.png

SWquest.png

DRquest.png

TGquest.png

HEquest.png

INquest.png

[/tr]

Well I had a dig through the files and my guess is that the hex colour data is sitting in a graphics pak. Too many to look through so the alternative is to look at set items in game. Each Classes set item shows the class name in it's defined hex colour. Just need a colour grabber to show the hex code for it which is much easier than digging through files.

P.s.

Ohh that line on the wiki about class quests all having a blue question mark was me from looooong ago. My bad! :lol:

On the map all the main character class quests are blue. In game the question mark or exclamation point is the class color.

That does bring up another question though. When I was doing the Rusty Inheritance quest, I noticed that the map markers were white, but the in game markers were the Temple Guardian green. Are there two different types of class quests?

Are there two different types of class quests?

*faints* _faint__by_bad_blood.gif

*bucket of cold water on Schot* :lol:

The simple answer is 'yes' - there's the class quest which spans the entire campaign (displayed on the different page of the log), and then there are also class quests which are just like normal side quests, except only for a particular character class. I wasn't aware that the map/in-game indicator colours were different for these two, but I suppose it's possible...sorry Schot...

*bucket of cold water on Schot* :lol:

The simple answer is 'yes' - there's the class quest which spans the entire campaign (displayed on the different page of the log), and then there are also class quests which are just like normal side quests, except only for a particular character class. I wasn't aware that the map/in-game indicator colours were different for these two, but I suppose it's possible...sorry Schot...

If we are lucky, I was just imagining that. lol

smiley_emoticons_vollpanik.gif

Schot, Zeno...I hate to break this to you, but I've found a quest in v2.43 (PC) that wasn't there in v2.34 ... On the plus side I've found at least one bugged quest chain was fixed :)

What? They added MORE? Nope. That simply isn't allowed. We'll have to send them back. :D Honestly it never occurred to me that they might add more quests, lol. Will this madness never end:) :ninja:

Those "other" class quests. hmmm... I thought I had seen some class quests that weren't exactly blue. I guess I've been in denial all this time, heh. Thinking back, waaay back, this may have been the reason why I chose to call them Blue Chain Quests. Because there were also class quests that had regular white markers in game. Well. So much for keeping it simple. Is it time to create character specific quest pages? Like: Seraphim Quests. And more over how best to name those pages?

Seraphim Quests

Seraphim Only Quests

Seraphim Specific Quests

Quests (Seraphim)

Of those ones I really prefer "Seraphim Quests" but at the same time I'd like those character quest pages to focus purely on the quests that pertain only to the specified class in the page name... "Seraphim Only Quests" as the page name would certainly be helpful to readers but if we were to go with "Seraphim Quests" etc, we could simply mention at the top of the page that the page is all about quests that only the Seraphim has access to. From that point what we could do is have both "Blue Marker" quests and regular white marker quests together on the class quest pages. We could have two headers to divide them. Blue Quests and Side Quests. By the way... I'm calling them Blue quests for now because it's the one thing all classes have in common regarding the type of quests. The map always shows them as blue markers.

That's my thoughts on it. Feel free to suggest another perspective. :P

Well, so far it is only the one quest that I've found, and it seems to me that it might be more along the lines of making the 'boss hunts' more official - The White Griffin has always been there for you to kill if you want, only now it has a quest attached. I guess you could kill it without picking up the quest first...it might then automatically give you the completed quest in the log...hmm, something for me to go check out in my lunch break :ninja:

Hmm, unless we were going to put the character chain (blue) quests on the same page I wouldn't bother, as I don't think there are that many quests per class - only one in the High Elf region, and maybe the same in the other regions (High Elf region is my area of expertise if anyone hasn't guessed :D)

My suggestion would be to stick with the current class-specific page, but rather than it being split in light/shadow path (which doesn't seem to make much/any difference) split it into blue chain/other.

So from current:

Light / Shadow

Seraphim/Inquisitor

Dryad/Dryad

etc.

To:

Seraphim

Blue chain/Other

(Ch1/Ch1) <-- this could be optional or just on the 'Other' side, although it would be nice to see which parts of the chain take place where

Inquisitor

Blue chain/Other

(Ch1/Ch1)

Dryad

Blue chain/Other

(Ch1/Ch1)

--

I suppose the chapter could also go above the blue chain/other split each time to make it slightly neater

The Griffin boss no longer spawns on its own. You have to accept the quest in order for it to spawn - I wonder if people were complaining about being randomly ambushed by some of these bosses (especially the boar in the Human region!)...

Not sure if this is good news or not but, the quest indicators for the SW class quest 'Brothers in Arms' (not the blue chain) has Yellow indicators on screen, Dark Blue ? and ! indicators on the tab/world map and (cue dramatic music) White/Grey area (O) indicators on the tab/world map. I think this may be what's causing the confusion, that any time the quest wants you to go to a specific area, it uses the standard colour indicator (unlike the blue chain which uses a dark blue circle).

Ah ok. That's actually good then. So we can scratch the character quests that use the standard markers as a category on it's own. Much better!

Also something to note before I run out the door is that the Blue Chain quests, (Indicated by an additional tab at the bottom left of log book), are only available in SP.