What is your Favorite Sacred 2 Character?

Favorite Character?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. What's your most favorite character to play in Sacred 2?

• Seraphim
    • Inquisitor
    • Dryad
    • High Elf
    • Shadow Warrior
    • Temple Guardian
    • Dragon Mage

I have to admit that while some I like (Seraphim, Shadow Warrior, Dryad) and a couple I dislike (High Elf, Temple Guardian) I have found that I have the most fun playing the Inquisitor. While I normally avoid the 'dark side', I think that he is the best character in the game. I don't mean that he is the most powerful (although he may well be), I mean that his is the best charcterisation of them all. He is bad tempered, selfcentred and cruel, just like most humans. All the others are good characters to play, while he is a good character to role-play! Just as in Sacred Underworld where the Dwarf was grumpy and bad tempered but by far the most believable character in the game, so the Inquisitor has that same quality in Sacred 2.

He is also great at creating absolute mayhem and is like a force of nature the way he just plows through mobs. If there were no bosses in the game, he could probably beat it while using only 1 CA and no buffs! I just have him run around whacking enemies with his dual wielded maces, letting the mobs build up until he is surrounded by 30+ enemies then unleash my Clustering Maelstom. Then I sort through the loot, pick up what I want and do the same thing over again. The xp just pours in!

I haven't decided on what to use for my boss killer yet, the options are varied and interesting to try out, but the optimum 'hitter' has yet to be decided. My favourite so far is Zealous Doppleganger, as with two Inquisitors dual wielding in melee there is not much that can stand up to us for long. I want to keep it simple as I hate complicated builds where you have to keep changing your attacks for different enemies. If you can't manage with just 2 CAs (a mob killer and a boss killer) then tough, I am not interested.

Edited by podgie_bear
  • 3 weeks later...

why isn't Dragon Mage on this poll?

For those of you who have played him, how does he compare in terms of "fun"?

I'm starting a playthrough with a buddy (our first game ever) and I have it narrowed down to High Elf or Dragon Mage (now considering Inquisitor after reading some posts here). My buddy is planning to be a Shadow Warrior.

Thanks,

Dragon Mage was not included in the poll because this thread was started before Ice and Blood was even released. I'd say his spells look kickass and are quite fun. He's a bit overpowered for me, but if it's your first character it might be a good choice.

Edit: Dragon Mage now included in poll :4rofl:

Edited by ryanrocker1217
  • 3 weeks later...

I voted Shadow Warrior for several reasons:

1)I'm a male, and I just can't identify with a female toon. This aspect of myself limits me to Shadow Warrior, Inquisitor, or Temple Guardian. I haven't tried it yet, but I don't think I can identify with an Anubis-robot either.

2)I'm Good. Good with a capital "G". I can't stomach playing the Darkside. That rules out Inquisitor.

3)I'm a huge Battlemage fan from Sacred1. The Shadow Warrior can be played as a melee Battlemage with the right "armor" selection and a little bit of imagination.

4)I may try some of the femmes later and go for "drag queen". I'm also gay, although I've never been into camping or drag. I did enjoy the Seraphim and the High Elf from Sacred1. The Seraphim especially makes a good drag queen. (She's tall, muscular, half-naked, and loves outfits that extend her personal space, I.e. wings and headresses.) And one of my most memorable lines from Sacred1 is "Why do you want to die? <sigh>, All right, line up!" Priceless!

Haven't played as all of the characters yet but my favourite is the Shadow Warrior. He's got good skills, can have skeleton warriors fighting alongside of you and says 'I give my life to you. Wait a minute, wait a minute, ok I will help you!' when he accepts quests sometimes :4rofl: I can't help laughing out loud whenever I hear that! Plus I think it is the same voice actor as the main character in Two Worlds. Remember all that verily and forsooth dialogue? Brilliant! Can't wait for the sequel for that game. Looks decent.

• 1 month later...
Haven't played as all of the characters yet but my favourite is the Shadow Warrior. He's got good skills, can have skeleton warriors fighting alongside of you and says 'I give my life to you. Wait a minute, wait a minute, ok I will help you!' when he accepts quests sometimes ;) I can't help laughing out loud whenever I hear that! Plus I think it is the same voice actor as the main character in Two Worlds. Remember all that verily and forsooth dialogue? Brilliant! Can't wait for the sequel for that game. Looks decent.

I second that. Two Worlds was a great game. It was the type of game that really forced you to open up the entire map, because there was a number of permanent herbs (herbs that add point to stats permanently), lootable stuff, quests, and most importantly - STACKING!

Stacking in Sacred 2 language means - you find a stalworth. Then you find a second one. You can combine the 2 to get a better one. I loved that option. It really promoted the find, loot, improve type of gameplay and it never got boring, because the more you hunt and open up the map, the better you get. No need to rush like many other RPG's require you to do.

• 3 weeks later...

inquisitor all the way a few reasons; his absolutely amazing group hug that in return gives me loot and experience (FTW), inexonerable subjugation meaning you can freeze opponents while sapping their life from them, and Zealous doppleganger just the thought of you and a twin mashing up ancaria with 4 serpents tongues is too good to pass up and the fact that his attack speed is greater then the rest gives you a human blender. he is like my very own sithlord

I have to go with Seraphim for this one. Goes back to the first Sacred, when she was just very different and "new" when compared to more regular fantasy archetypes. Combination of hi-tech and fantasy setting gives her a bit of anime-esque feel (tends to be a bonus in my book). In Sacred 2 she got my favorite CA (Archangel's), and fairly decent looking gear - at least she doesn't look like some color-blind cosplay freak (/cough/ inquisitors). Anyway, in Sacred 2 I probably had more seras than all other chars combined, currently going through Ice and Blood for the first time I'm also playing one.

I never got into playing Temple Guardian. A fresh idea, but somehow "robodog" doesn't click for me. Perhaps it's because I'm really a cat person...

• 2 weeks later...
I have to go with Seraphim for this one. Goes back to the first Sacred, when she was just very different and "new" when compared to more regular fantasy archetypes. Combination of hi-tech and fantasy setting gives her a bit of anime-esque feel (tends to be a bonus in my book). In Sacred 2 she got my favorite CA (Archangel's), and fairly decent looking gear - at least she doesn't look like some color-blind cosplay freak (/cough/ inquisitors). Anyway, in Sacred 2 I probably had more seras than all other chars combined, currently going through Ice and Blood for the first time I'm also playing one.

I never got into playing Temple Guardian. A fresh idea, but somehow "robodog" doesn't click for me. Perhaps it's because I'm really a cat person...

Hmmm.. Just got an inspiration for a new Temple Guardian character... Er.. At least the name for one... I think I shall call him Dynomutt, Dog Wonder!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynomutt,_Dog_Wonder

FWIW, I'm a cat person as well... But that's never put me off playing the TG character... I think mainly because it's a different sort of character from the others. Don't forget - Sacred lore - going back to Sacred 1 - has had a sci fi element baked in. If you recall playing the Seraphim, and if you remember the quest "Merely a Nightmare?" where you have to go to a burned out temple in the south east end of the desert, you find a dying seraphim who tells you that they lied to you and then kicks the bucket, drops a book and a lightsaber.

If you read the book it talks about genetically engineering the Seraphim by mixing dragon DNA with that of the High Elves. And how they would be great at flying Paladin space fighters.

Even Sacred 2 hints at this from time to time. Ancaria seems to be a retrograde civilization - one bombed back into the stone age... If you look at the Great Machine in the wastelands - it's a definite product of some superior technology - one that created the Temple Guardians and likely even the Seraphim maybe.. Makes you kinda wonder how the wastelands became so...wasted.

It'd be great, I know, probably ain't gonna happen, but I can still wish - that Deep Silver or whoever would do a bit of expansion on the ancient history of Ancaria and answer some of those things they've been hinting at in both of the first two games.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Back when I was playing vanilla sacred I voted the High Elf.

Now, after purchasing Ice and Blood, the Dragon Mage is quickly overtaking her for the top spot. The variety of spells and very active gameplay, along with the nice looking armor IMO, is very appealing to me.

Funny note: The Dragon Mage is the only character I cannot play on my laptop with maxed out graphics settings. All the explosions from Destroyer mixed with the wave of Energy Blaze and dome of Maelstrom just kills the frame rate (although it looks beautiful as hell! lol).

Happy hunting to all of you

~Rathmaker~

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Dragon mage wins my vote hands do, with high elf in second place. I'm a mage payer before any other playing style so high elf was the only chareacter I really liked playing with shadow warrior in second just because I can go all summmoner mode with him. Yet, dragon mage allows me to be my all time favorite thing, a dragon so it wasnt even a competition who wins.

Add ontop of the fact its a mage and not a warrior, you just doubled my love for it! Dragon form above all else!!!!

• Like! 1

I was never able to get into the DM. His voice and dialogue were too much for me.

I always like the TG, but he never liked me back. I guess the same could be said of the ice HE. I thought she was my friend, but she kept feeding herself to dragons just to spite me. :cry:

I gave the ice HE a try, I really like her; much more then pyro yo say the least. Also I need to know where this area you speak of is so I can avoid it. I refuse to slay any dragons unless I'm forced to >.>

• Like! 1

I gave the ice HE a try, I really like her; much more then pyro yo say the least. Also I need to know where this area you speak of is so I can avoid it. I refuse to slay any dragons unless I'm forced to >.>

The two I remember were the Light quest dragon under the Seraphim Isle and the Grunwald Dragon.

I was never able to get into the DM. His voice and dialogue were too much for me.

I always like the TG, but he never liked me back. I guess the same could be said of the ice HE. I thought she was my friend, but she kept feeding herself to dragons just to spite me. :cry:

Get acquainted with this wiki page. Sadly, you will have to kill at least 1 dragon in the main story to beat the game. And there are lots of tiny ones

There are 4 quest related dragons:

3 Under the seraphim island (all quest related)

Christmas island (quest)

And there are 4 living idle by, until you wonder into their lair:

In the entrance to the dwarven domain

Under dryad island

Swamp

Desert

Lastly there are 2 friendly ones:

At DM start island

On dragon islands.

There are also 2 more dragons related to some SW quest, but I know nothing about them.

P.S. Never play the evil TG

Edited by SX255
  • Like! 1

I must (grumble, grumble) admit at least partial responsibility for those untimely deaths. HE's in the low 60's probably should not be taking on Platinum level dragons. If you do not get reckless (like me) you should not have any problems.