Photo

What is your Favorite Sacred 2 Character?

84 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Character? (245 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your most favorite character to play in Sacred 2?

1. Seraphim (84 votes [31.70%])

Percentage of vote: 31.70%

2. Inquisitor (28 votes [10.57%])

Percentage of vote: 10.57%

3. Dryad (36 votes [13.58%])

Percentage of vote: 13.58%

4. High Elf (37 votes [13.96%])

Percentage of vote: 13.96%

5. Shadow Warrior (43 votes [16.23%])

Percentage of vote: 16.23%

6. Temple Guardian (29 votes [10.94%])

Percentage of vote: 10.94%

7. Dragon Mage (8 votes [3.02%])

Percentage of vote: 3.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Etherian

Etherian

Thorium Conjurer

• Fellowship
  • 1,563 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

I cant say I have played long enough to actually have a favorite. But these seraphim's from above are rocking Ancaria atm. How could one go wrong with angels, slaughtering the darkside down below? Think about it...the game dynamics are set up for this perfectly. level, Explore, level, Explore...rinse & repeat. Sometimes while playing w/ seraphim I actually feel bad for the little kobolds. Its just pure slaughter fest. NVM talking about any dragons. They all fall to her might!

Just my opinion of course, no offense to anyone. This is just how my mind tends to lean.

I remain, Etherian

As a computer, I find your faith in technology...Amusing!

*Excerpt from Sacred 2 Start-Up*

#42 Skylar Cb

Skylar Cb

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Platform:XBOX
  • Gamertag:CorrupSHUN

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

Inquisitor all the way cus he's a very versatile character when it comes to having a good area attack spell & "In Your Face" stopping power! And who can't forget his rude attitude...he has such great storyline quotes! :)

#43 Rndm

Rndm

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Platform:PS3
  • PSN ID:Rambles01

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:44 AM

:thumpsup: Tied between Inquisitor and TG, My Gruesome Inquisitor./Astute Supremacy inquisitor is a crowd clearing monster, and the TG is just awesome. SW takes a close second, although I haven't really played the other characters much (trying out a BFG seraphim and ice HE) so that might change.
Inquisitor-Level 78- Gruesome Supremacy-Plat
Vector-TG-Level 52- Devout Warden- Light-Silver
SW-Level 42-Malevolent Astral Warrior-Light-Bronze
Elinara-High Elf- Level 45- Icy Hot Patch-Light-Silver
Fyreia-Seraphim- Level 65- BFG/EP- Plat
Ryosath-Inquisitor-Level 19-Gruesome Supremacy-Bronze (=<20% map)

#44 ShadowsNitemare

ShadowsNitemare

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Gamertag:None
  • PSN ID:ShadowsNitemare

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

Ill have to say my favorite is the shadow warrior his close combat flesh rippping style is great for me and im the kinda guy who likes to bring back up to my fights and look at that he has that too with neither alleigance just bring them to battle and you got an invincible team of dark warriors+that flesh ripping shadow warrior with plenty of swords going out its not done yet if your in trouble with a big mob(unlikely to happen) but if you are just call in a skeletal fortification to whip out a mob of anything or bosses its also great for bosses u go in and let your atral aoldiers kill while u have arrows of skeletal fortification going at him and you if you have the right gear/equipment you'll put that boos down in seconds. Make sure you rmemeber this next time your choosing a character. When your choosing remember his name is Shadow Warrior! :)

-Shadow.
Astute Supremacy Inquisitor Shopper Level 24
The Knocking Heads Off Melee Shadow Warrior Level 2

#45 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,054 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

I'm slowwwwwwwlee bending the way of the Ice HE. What a crown jewel of a Guardian trouncer!

+++

:P

gogo

#46 Groosum

Groosum

Radon Master

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:13 AM

At the moment depending on how I'm feeling ;) :P ................ all of them but maybe a slight leaning towards ... nah not really like them all at moment !

#47 TBRHunty

TBRHunty

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Gamertag:x Hunty x UK x

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:05 AM

After playing about 30 hours on my Shadow Warrior, that tellse everything. I love his awesomeness, sorry I can't describe it any other way. You also have to love his cheesy one liners.

Cheers, Hunty.

#48 bits01

bits01

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:24 AM

The most fun about this poll thing is, that it shows the fun the players have. seraphim btw (still no whip mod people..!)

#49 Stormwing

Stormwing

Prince of Helium

• Supporting Member
  • 912 posts
  • PSN ID:Nekokami86

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

I'll go with Seraphim. We share a long history, from the original Sacred. Used to be my least fave, but when I got her up and running, I totally fell in love with her. Versatile fighter, and gotta love those wings. I'd quote Giles, but I'm not sure how his speech went. :)

Posted Image

#50 Bleak_Advent

Bleak_Advent

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • PSN ID:Bleak_Advent

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:26 AM

I voted Shadow Warrior because of his versatility. My ranged SW can utilize any combo of 1-3 out of 4 available buffs, all of which allow me to change my current playstyle on the fly. God I love seeing enemies with arrows left in their lifeless corpses. My close second would be the Inquisitor, because I have been to the dark side and I must say that their cookies are quite good, but they have no milk :drinks:
Posted Image

#51 podgie_bear

podgie_bear

Prismatic Enchanter

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 692 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:33 AM

I have to admit that while some I like (Seraphim, Shadow Warrior, Dryad) and a couple I dislike (High Elf, Temple Guardian) I have found that I have the most fun playing the Inquisitor. While I normally avoid the 'dark side', I think that he is the best character in the game. I don't mean that he is the most powerful (although he may well be), I mean that his is the best charcterisation of them all. He is bad tempered, selfcentred and cruel, just like most humans. All the others are good characters to play, while he is a good character to role-play! Just as in Sacred Underworld where the Dwarf was grumpy and bad tempered but by far the most believable character in the game, so the Inquisitor has that same quality in Sacred 2.

He is also great at creating absolute mayhem and is like a force of nature the way he just plows through mobs. If there were no bosses in the game, he could probably beat it while using only 1 CA and no buffs! I just have him run around whacking enemies with his dual wielded maces, letting the mobs build up until he is surrounded by 30+ enemies then unleash my Clustering Maelstom. Then I sort through the loot, pick up what I want and do the same thing over again. The xp just pours in!

I haven't decided on what to use for my boss killer yet, the options are varied and interesting to try out, but the optimum 'hitter' has yet to be decided. My favourite so far is Zealous Doppleganger, as with two Inquisitors dual wielding in melee there is not much that can stand up to us for long. I want to keep it simple as I hate complicated builds where you have to keep changing your attacks for different enemies. If you can't manage with just 2 CAs (a mob killer and a boss killer) then tough, I am not interested.

Edited by podgie_bear, 18 June 2010 - 04:38 AM.

Posted Image

#52 KingMoo2

KingMoo2

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

why isn't Dragon Mage on this poll?

For those of you who have played him, how does he compare in terms of "fun"?

I'm starting a playthrough with a buddy (our first game ever) and I have it narrowed down to High Elf or Dragon Mage (now considering Inquisitor after reading some posts here). My buddy is planning to be a Shadow Warrior.

Thanks,

#53 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

Dragon Mage was not included in the poll because this thread was started before Ice and Blood was even released. I'd say his spells look kickass and are quite fun. He's a bit overpowered for me, but if it's your first character it might be a good choice.

Edit: Dragon Mage now included in poll :4rofl:

Edited by ryanrocker1217, 06 July 2010 - 10:42 AM.

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

#54 Modesto Clarion

Modesto Clarion

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

only 1 vote for DM lol
Any idea why? :)

#55 belgarathmth

belgarathmth

Radon Master

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

I voted Shadow Warrior for several reasons:

1)I'm a male, and I just can't identify with a female toon. This aspect of myself limits me to Shadow Warrior, Inquisitor, or Temple Guardian. I haven't tried it yet, but I don't think I can identify with an Anubis-robot either.

2)I'm Good. Good with a capital "G". I can't stomach playing the Darkside. That rules out Inquisitor.

3)I'm a huge Battlemage fan from Sacred1. The Shadow Warrior can be played as a melee Battlemage with the right "armor" selection and a little bit of imagination.

4)I may try some of the femmes later and go for "drag queen". I'm also gay, although I've never been into camping or drag. I did enjoy the Seraphim and the High Elf from Sacred1. The Seraphim especially makes a good drag queen. (She's tall, muscular, half-naked, and loves outfits that extend her personal space, I.e. wings and headresses.) And one of my most memorable lines from Sacred1 is "Why do you want to die? <sigh>, All right, line up!" Priceless!
"There are two refuges from the miseries of life - music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

#56 philr1

philr1

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:39 AM

Haven't played as all of the characters yet but my favourite is the Shadow Warrior. He's got good skills, can have skeleton warriors fighting alongside of you and says 'I give my life to you. Wait a minute, wait a minute, ok I will help you!' when he accepts quests sometimes :4rofl: I can't help laughing out loud whenever I hear that! Plus I think it is the same voice actor as the main character in Two Worlds. Remember all that verily and forsooth dialogue? Brilliant! Can't wait for the sequel for that game. Looks decent.

#57 audery3

audery3

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

actually I play with 7 char

#58 Dobri

Dobri

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• Fellowship
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

Haven't played as all of the characters yet but my favourite is the Shadow Warrior. He's got good skills, can have skeleton warriors fighting alongside of you and says 'I give my life to you. Wait a minute, wait a minute, ok I will help you!' when he accepts quests sometimes ;) I can't help laughing out loud whenever I hear that! Plus I think it is the same voice actor as the main character in Two Worlds. Remember all that verily and forsooth dialogue? Brilliant! Can't wait for the sequel for that game. Looks decent.

I second that. Two Worlds was a great game. It was the type of game that really forced you to open up the entire map, because there was a number of permanent herbs (herbs that add point to stats permanently), lootable stuff, quests, and most importantly - STACKING!

Stacking in Sacred 2 language means - you find a stalworth. Then you find a second one. You can combine the 2 to get a better one. I loved that option. It really promoted the find, loot, improve type of gameplay and it never got boring, because the more you hunt and open up the map, the better you get. No need to rush like many other RPG's require you to do.

Char status:

Taerima, level 80 Guardian

Bai Dobchan, level 80 Elementalist

Dobchan level 80 Ranger

Master Crafter

#59 lildozer74

lildozer74

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Gamertag:lildozer1974
  • PSN ID:lildozer74

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

shadow warrior! I have always picked the gladiator/fighter/semi-realistic pick (I know, I know, hes dead) in games like this. im just not into mages I guess. the dryad was my second pick.

#60 xsile

xsile

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Gamertag:dont have
  • PSN ID:dont have

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:19 AM

I choose temple guardian, because of all the classes it seems the most unique to the this game. Personally speaking all the other classes I have seen done to death in too many different games.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users