Shadow Warrior - Duel Wield Build By Wraithking

Yeah I come from a long line of MMORPG's and there very forgiving this game seems to not be as forgiving. I did not want to make a mistake but also wanted to add my own twist on it as I got more and more used to the playing style of the Shadow Warrior. I have found another way to get thru the root and it seems to be working now I just did not know about later how it would affect me. I really enjoy the game. The really sad thing is the lack or support on the X-box this game has way too many bugs on there and it seems there will be no patch. Once my new machine is built thinking about getting it on my PC. We will see I tried maken a Temple Guardian,wow thats going to be some kinda mission. I would like to say thx to everyone that responded. This game sure does have a learning curve

Edited by Badjer

This game does indeed have a steep learning curve, after 15 months playing it I still have alot to learn.

Be sure to buy the UK version when you get your PC so you can get Ice and Blood and have some fun online with the rest of the DarkMatters gang.

How bad do deaths affect you :) Also I am level 56 and already into Plat is that a mistake should I stay in gold for alittle ? The mini bosses seem to be harder than the quest bosses does everyone also feel the same way about these bosses ?

Thx again for any help

How bad do deaths affect you ? Also I am level 56 and already into Plat is that a mistake should I stay in gold for alittle ? The mini bosses seem to be harder than the quest bosses does everyone also feel the same way about these bosses ?

Thx again for any help

Deaths start your Survival Bonus back at 0%. This makes it harder to find better quality gear and strips away all of the additional attribute stats that are modified by your Survival Bonus. Now you will build it back up pretty quick so it's not that big of a deal but it's something that most of us just don't like.

I usually finish each difficulty pretty quick in terms of what level I complete them but then I usually go back and grind some more in the last difficulty simply because the xp rate is usually better due to the kill speed.

Yeah bro I feel you most my deaths come from the lagg of the game and the pot spam ,glitches where I can't move or skills are still spamming when I am trying to kite something like a boss or mini boss. Was just wondering if the deaths have a long term effect. Thx for the answer and 100% dowine deaths piff me off no need to be a downie.

• 2 weeks later...
could I use 2hand instead of dw if so would I need to change the build at all and any way to get skelly fort in this build

Swap out the Dual Wield Skill for whatever 2h weapon you prefer. Also keep in mind that this build only uses 9 skills so if you want to incorporate Skeletal Fortification you could pick up Astral Lord Lore as the 10th skill to further increase the damage of the bone tower.

I have been playing this build for about an hour now and at level 14 on silver and to me, the shadow warrior seems very weak, and can hardly take any hard hits. also melee seems really weak in this game compared to ranged or caster magic.

also is there any fast levelling places for this build?

All characters are "weak" in the beginning, just give it some time and you'll see that melee isn't that bad.

Orc lands and Grunwald is good areas to gain some quick levels for low level toons.

All characters are "weak" in the beginning, just give it some time and you'll see that melee isn't that bad.

Orc lands and Grunwald is good areas to gain some quick levels for low level toons.

I know all chars are weak in the begining, but all the other chars I have started have been able to kill and survive better than this char is doing, maybe it's because of my buffs, or my equipment. I seem to be hitting very slowly, which I thought after taking DW it would increase alot like it did for my Dryad after I took ranged weapons. Also should I be pumping RE and GR as high as I can?

Dryad have the Sinister Predator buff that increases attack speed alot from the start, but when you are picking a weapon lore without having that benefit it will take some time to get the attack speed up high.

I would suggest not "eating" many runes in RE early on, but GR on the other hand can be boosted up without much penalty.

can you explain to me how many points I need to put into my skills because I don't see it and how many runes I need to learn for all of my stuff:) because this is really vague to me it looks good but you need to tell how many runes/skill points I need to put into and what to put them in because from what I am looking at its just telling me to learn the skills like DW and not to put any skill points into them tell me if this is a bug or did you just lay out a vague build:)

• 4 weeks later...

New here to the forum - great build, funnly enough used it before I discovered this forum, im a ps3 user and have made it to 60% way through plat. By level 60 with no issues at all :) recommend it if your thinking of trying Shadow Warrior

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey empathy,id focus on Combat Art skills(ie death warrior etc) and tatics lore(important) and duel wield(maybe build dw to 10 points first then leave till later)

also build up armor lore as fast as you can to help with regen times of Combat Art's and to wear better gear so basicly try this-

to start-

duel wield-10 points(then add more at later lvls)

death warrior focus-continuous

m.champion focus-continuous

tatics lore-continuous

armor lore-continuous(until 75 points mastery)

combat discipline-continuous(until 75 points mastery)

concentration-just add to when you want(until guide states)

rest of skills is up to you etc

hope this gives a basic idea what to concentrate on to start

This is the way I have been playing. Plan on adding Con for HP then I"m not sure maybe speed lore and toughness, astral focus for sure tho.

But I want to fight on my mount. Will the riding skill reduce the penalty on a special mount? (PS3)

• 5 years later...

Welcome to darkmatters

It should be playable. My SW modified the combat arts giving attack/casting speed before the buffs. With 2 Combat Arts in different trees each giving 30seconds of attack speed there is not much time without boosted attack speed once you have regeneration per hit. If you attack quicker you kill quicker which is a sort of defense too.

• Like! 1

I was thinking about a dual wielding lightsaber-Sw... Putting points into willpower instead of strength and so on. Is it utterly nonsense or could this guy survive?

Willpower also affects energy shield's capacity, so you may want to make dualwield seraphim (she utilises willpower points with greater returns). Well, SW also looks some stupidly, equiping lightsabers. When seraphim looks so good.

• Like! 1

Thank you for the warm welcome and the informative hints! The Seraphim seems to be the better choice for a Jedi. - A wimpy SW with bunny ears and glowing toys is just ... wrong. :starwars:

And a warm welcome from me as well Binje, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1