Hey everyone, I'm Stephen from the Kansas City area and a newbie Sacred 2 player.

I've played Balders Gate 2 to death and I love Sacred 2 on my PS3 (my XBox 360 crapped out on me 3 times so they got tired of repairing it and gave me my money back). I have a lot to learn about modifiers and improving arts and skills so I'll have a lot of dumb questions. Hopefully I'll search and find the topic before I post a question. Any help pointing me in that direction will be greatly apprieciated!

btw - love this forum's design.

Welcome to DarkMatters Steve!

There is lots of info on the wiki... it's getting so huge these days, lol... even I forget pages that exist in it :o It's got great info on the Combat Arts, Skill, Quests, etc.

Have a gander and come back and chat it up with us ^^

Enjoy the boards

:o

gogo

p.s. This forum design is a unique and custom made by our Admin Schot. He created all the graphics and skins for this site and the wiki and is the reason why we're able to stay afloat! :gogo:

Hey everyone, I'm Stephen from the Kansas City area and a newbie Sacred 2 player.

I've played Balders Gate 2 to death and I love Sacred 2 on my PS3 (my XBox 360 crapped out on me 3 times so they got tired of repairing it and gave me my money back). I have a lot to learn about modifiers and improving arts and skills so I'll have a lot of dumb questions. Hopefully I'll search and find the topic before I post a question. Any help pointing me in that direction will be greatly apprieciated!

:gogo:

Kansas City you say?! Meee tooooo! :o Welcome to the boards Stephen. A few helpful links for ya to get started:

Of course, the SacredWiki - Learn about all the Combat Arts, skills, modifiers, classes, etc.

Also, game glossary and abbreviations that are helpful to know.

Class Guides section of these forums, for build advice/examples. Also, some guides go in detail about modifiers and skill choices and the reasons for picking them.

P.S. I fixed your font and size in my quote of your post. It's easier to make a format change on your post if you just highlight the text you want to change and then select the font or the size, etc.

:gogo:

Kansas City you say?! Meee tooooo! :o Welcome to the boards Stephen. A few helpful links for ya to get started:

Of course, the SacredWiki - Learn about all the Combat Arts, skills, modifiers, classes, etc.

Also, game glossary and abbreviations that are helpful to know.

Class Guides section of these forums, for build advice/examples. Also, some guides go in detail about modifiers and skill choices and the reasons for picking them.

P.S. I fixed your font and size in my quote of your post. It's easier to make a format change on your post if you just highlight the text you want to change and then select the font or the size, etc.

Thanks for the welcome and the info! I've already been up on sacredwiki and have tried to correctly build my seraphim and a dyrad. I'm still at the low levels trying out the different recommended builds

Thanks again!

Hellooo and Welcome :hugs: Sure you'll have a ton of fun on here and meeting up with the peeps you'll meet online!

Oh I want to go to Kansas and pretend to be Dorothy hehe sorry :unsure::agreed:

Hellooo and Welcome :hugs: Sure you'll have a ton of fun on here and meeting up with the peeps you'll meet online!

Kansas City is primarily a Missouri city, bud. Of course, Stephen hasn't said what side of the line he lives on so it could be either but I'm guessing MO.

Hellooo and Welcome :D Sure you'll have a ton of fun on here and meeting up with the peeps you'll meet online!

Kansas City is primarily a Missouri city, bud. Of course, Stephen hasn't said what side of the line he lives on so it could be either but I'm guessing MO.

:hugs: oops sorry, just conjures up the film at the mere mention of the place lol...even if my geography is feeble :hugs:

Hellooo and Welcome :D Sure you'll have a ton of fun on here and meeting up with the peeps you'll meet online!

Oh I want to go to Kansas and pretend to be Dorothy hehe sorry :yay::woot:

:yay: oops sorry, just conjures up the film at the mere mention of the place lol...even if my geography is feeble :blush:

I am on the MO side but a little east of the metro area, however, ironically, my mom was born and raised in Kansas and her name is Dorothy.

Edited by stephentheheathen

Hey there stephentheheathen. I have to admit when I read your nic it made me chuckle. Makes me think of the Sakara Priests from Sacred 1. They would often say "heeeeeathen" and other funny stuff like "Burn in the fires of damnation!". They were simply hilarious. ^^

Hey there stephentheheathen. I have to admit when I read your nic it made me chuckle. Makes me think of the Sakara Priests from Sacred 1. They would often say "heeeeeathen" and other funny stuff like "Burn in the fires of damnation!". They were simply hilarious. ^^

Thanks, it rolls off the tongue pretty easy and I really am a heathen (in the spiritual sense) so it was a good fit.

I want to thank you and all of the admin. here for your hard work and your warm welcomes. This has got to be the friendliest forum I've been on. I downloaded your map and it is a great aid to have. I can't believe that the game mini-map doesn't have a north marker on it, at least on the ps3 version.

Thanks again!

I can't believe that the game mini-map doesn't have a north marker on it, at least on the ps3 version.

The PS3 minimap does have a north pointer. It's just not very large. If you push R3 (the right stick) the camera is forced to look north as well. If it were as easy to take screenshots on the PS3 as the PC I'd just show you real quick :drunkards:

I can't believe that the game mini-map doesn't have a north marker on it, at least on the ps3 version.

The PS3 minimap does have a north pointer. It's just not very large. If you push R3 (the right stick) the camera is forced to look north as well. If it were as easy to take screenshots on the PS3 as the PC I'd just show you real quick :drunkards:

Thanks nilihanth! I'll give it a closer look this evening!