Sacred 2 Character Planner

So it was suggested by several people that there should be some kind of program, that would allow you to plan out a character from a level 1 to 200, before the character is ever made in the game. Cause nothing is worse then getting to plat or niob only to find out that your character is garbage.

The program would allow you to enter attribute levels, skill levels, Combat Arts, CA levels and CA mods. The program would output the various stats based on the input, giving players a better feel of what their character would be like if they made a certain choice in the point allocation.

A project like this would be fairly challenging, but I think it'd be heavily used by the players.

So it was suggested by several people that there should be some kind of program, that would allow you to plan out a character from a level 1 to 200, before the character is ever made in the game. Cause nothing is worse then getting to plat or niob only to find out that your character is garbage.

The program would allow you to enter attribute levels, skill levels, Combat Arts, CA levels and CA mods. The program would output the various stats based on the input, giving players a better feel of what their character would be like if they made a certain choice in the point allocation.

A project like this would be fairly challenging, but I think it'd be heavily used by the players.

Question: Are you going to program this or do you need some help? I could fool around with my coding knowledge (it's average, nothing special) and maybe help a bit with this. Sounds like a great idea :)

Question: Are you going to program this or do you need some help? I could fool around with my coding knowledge (it's average, nothing special) and maybe help a bit with this. Sounds like a great idea :)

Overall, I would need help with the data and calculations.

For the programming it depends on the language. If its done in Visual Basic I could code the thing (you can help if you'd like to), which would make it a downloadable executable file.

To run off a website it would need to be in either PHP, Javascript, or ASP (very rusty on all 3 of those). Don't think the wiki can run those either.

Edited by Slayer89
Overall, I would need help with the data and calculations.

I think this is the biggest hurdle for a project like this. At the moment, I don't think there is a single collection to find players' findings on the data and formula.

Yeah, alot of unknown and undocumented data would be needed.

Info needed:

----------------

- Starting stats for all characters

- How attribute points affect stats

- Stats of Combat Arts at each level with/without mods

- CA mod effects on CA dmg

- Anyother data that I cant think of atm.

Data excluded, the coding of this wouldn't be too bad, just a hell of alot of variables to keep track of.

Edited by Slayer89
Info needed:

----------------

- Starting stats for all characters

- How attribute points affect stats

- Stats of Combat Arts at each level with/without mods

- CA mod effects on CA dmg

- Anyother data that I cant think of atm.

1 - On Wiki, so data is available

2 - Not available as far as the exact formulas, tried to work them out at one point and wanted to strangle something (for +weapon damage and stamina effects at least, att/def/resistance/hp/intensity are fairly obvious)

3 - Balance.txt has most of this info, it just now needs to be properly coded into the wiki to fit what it actually does rather than what it appears to do.

4 - Balance.txt and wiki have a lot of this

5 - To be determined when thought of.

As to how... a lot of this is spreadsheet/database creatable, apache + mysql could run that, if someone has a server with those installed and active. (Don't ask me how to include the stuff, I can figure out how to install the software, but never used it so not much help doing that part)

As to how... a lot of this is spreadsheet/database creatable, apache + mysql could run that, if someone has a server with those installed and active. (Don't ask me how to include the stuff, I can figure out how to install the software, but never used it so not much help doing that part)

I know how, just would like to get input as to whether a web-based program like TitanCalc is, or a downloadable program would be preferred.

Edited by Slayer89

There is 1 element that may stop the accurate scores for attributes, and a few other stats. Survival Bonus... unless someone has worked it out exactly. I know schot has his post on SIF about how it effects a level 1 but has anyone got a fuller record over game length?

Based on what Schot and others were talking about on SIF, SB increases attributes by 1/3 of your SB.

Another issue will be how attribute points affect stats, as it doesn't increase by a consistent amount with each added point.

Edited by Slayer89

I think there are pros to having a version on the site that can be used as well as pros to having a downloadable version. I know people who would use both. I really can't make a good recommendation on one version over the other.

Heya Slayer. You can find your Balance.txt file in your game installation.

C:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\scripts\server\balance.txt

As for the CA stuff I know that someone around here had found that info but I don't think they ever posted which file it was exactly. Quite the project you got going here. :)

About halfway done with 1 character selection. File is already 3mb with just coding, lol

It is going to be huge then. Sounds pretty complex too.

Yeah, it sort of is complex. Lets you plan your character out like you would in the game, with attribute point distribution, selecting skills and putting points into them., modding Combat Arts , selecting how many runes toward each CA, and then calculating stats based on all of that.