An Interesting Idea?

LordRaviel

Background

I started a Ranged Dryad yesterday due to my skill preferences the defensive skills took a back seat to other skills.

At level 30 my Skills are as follows:

2 - Capricious Hunter Focus 30

3 - Enhanced Perception 5

5 - Bargaining 11

8 - Tactics Lore 30

12 - Concentration 1

18 - Nature Weaver Focus 9

25 - Ranged Weapons 1

And my plan was to take

35 - Combat Reflexes

50 - Armor Lore

65 - Constitution

A few levels ago I decided to use my bargaining with some money from my seraphim to put together an All CAs + suit that was capable of getting me to about level 20-25 (1 Rune) on both Ancient Bark and Sinister Predator, then I would switch back to my other equips. This is the same Buff Boosting tactic I used on my 116 Seraphim's Battle Stance.

Having done this I found that nothing could inflict any noticeable damage upon me so I removed my armor all together and just allowed my relics and Ancient bark to provide my armor and I was fine, even went and took down the Carnach at 26 standing still with no armor on.

The Idea

The idea is this, I don't take the 3 Defensive skills at 35 50 and 65, and instead take:

35 - Nature Weaver Lore

50 - Combat Discipline

65 - Something (Maybe Dual Wield for some variety and in anticipation of INT affecting weapon based combat art damage with staffs equipped, on consoles)

I am going to get to 35 and take a look at the effect of Nature Weaver Lore on the Physical/Poison armor and HP regen from Ancient Bark, if I like what I see I will start again and take Invigorate over Effortless for Bark's gold mod, and try it into the higher levels.

Since I play on Ps3 I can equip 6 relics at once (up to 3 of one type) that means I can keep 2 Magic, 2 Fire and 2 Ice on at all time to cover the armor types Ancient Bark doesn't. I also hope to use the large and varied armor bonus from a Chestplate of Time to supplement.

Possible Problems - the ones I have foreseen at least.

No armor lore means I will suffer in terms of movement by equipping anything that is a higher level than me, all my armor will be bargained except for a Chestplate of Time so I can avoid that problem somewhat.

No armor lore could result in significant Regeneration penalties from armor. My 116 seraphim took armor lore at 3 so I don't know how this will work out.

More Info

Armor (at 29) - 2273

Physical - 1051

Magic - 261

Fire - 205

Poison - 500

Ice - 256

CA Mods

Ancient Bark

Rugged -> Divert - > Effortless

Ravaged Impact

Perforate -> Breach ->

Darting Assault

Reload -> Throwback -> Rotate

Sinister Predator

Eagle Eye - Marked Shot -> Hunting Focus

Any comments or suggestions would be nice, especially form those more experienced with Dryads in the higher difficulties.

Edited by LordRaviel

Started again and took a slightly different skill order, which annoyingly is different again from how I would do it if I were to start over. Got to 15 and all is going well so far. I will try to make 50 if it stil working I may begin to write up a guide an add to it as I progress towards Niob.