The Flexible "Touch Your Toes" Shadow Warrior!

[Work in progress]

Greetings.

The Flexible "Touch Your Toes" Shadow Warrior is, by the name, you may of guessed... Very flexible... Allowing you to use all kinds of variations of builds, but with a basic, but powerful setup. Giving variety by being able to use pretty much any weapon you want! :viking:

This build uses the skills Armour Lore, and Tactics Lore to create a Shadow Warrior with rediculously high armour, which can deal rediculously high damage with any weapon you deem fit to play with. Or if you're not feeling adventurous, you can use this build with certain Weapon skills to boost your damage, and attack speed! :)

This is a basic outline build which acts as a base to your build!

Skills

Level 2 - Armour Lore - 200 - Keep putting points in this skill so it's the same as your current level. (E.g, at level 10, Armour Lore should be level 10)

Level 3 - Tactics Lore - 200 - Try and keep this at the same as your level aswell as Armour Lore.

Level 5 - Molevolent Champion Focus or Death Warrior Focus - 75 - You will need to buff this skill up to level 5 before you reach level 8, so you can obtain the next skill. However, make sure you keep Armour Lore at your current level whilst doing this. Use this skill to lower the recharge times of some Combat Arts, as well as being able to increase the Combat Arts level.

Level 8 - Combat Discipline - 75 - "Why?" you ask? Put one attack Combat Art in a Combination to reap the benifits of this skill.

The rest of the skills are completely up to you, and how you distribute the points.

Optional Skills

Concentration - You can use this so you can use 2 buffs at the same time.

Speed Lore - For the Attack and Defense value bonus', and running fast is awesome.

Put ALL of your attribute points into Strength.

You can use any weapon you want, but. If you are planning on using a certain weapon type, for example, a Sword, and a Shield. I suggest that you take the Skills for that weapon type, so you can use the weapon benifits, and upgrades. For example :

If I were to use an Axe, and a Shield. I would learn the skills, Hafted Weapons and Shield Lore.

Combat Methods and Combat Arts

There are 3 attack combat arts the Shadow Warrior can use. Put one Combat Art in 3 different Combinations and use as normal, this way you will gain the benifits of Combat Disipline.

The combat arts you wish to use are completely optional, as your build may differ from anyone elses. The levels of the Combat Arts you use are completely up to you, rune eating isn't strict. :tongue:

Have a play with all weapon types, and Combat Arts, until you find the one which you prefer to most! Then grab it by the throat, and ride it baby, yeah!

Edited by BlahYourHamster

To be honest? It's a little too generalized for my tastes... were I just starting to create a shadow warrior, it doesn't really grab hold of me and say "that makes sense, I'll have to do that". We only have four of ten skills chosen, of which three are pretty much a gimme for any regular melee shadow warrior build (combat discipline being the only one I would call debatable).

To make it better as a "modular" build I'd create some options for development and put them in skill groups of two or three skills.

e.g. -

Option 1 - Defensive Package

Constitution

Combat Reflexes

Toughness

This package will make your SW difficult to kill. Between the evasion and crit reduction from Combat Reflexes and the armor boost from Toughness, you should rarely see your hit points fall to critical levels. Taking Constitution to mastery will make it so that the enemies rare hits are quick to heal without requiring you to be chain-quaffing potions.

Option 2 - Sword and Board Package

Sword Weapons

Shield Lore

Speed Lore

This is a good mix of offense and defense. Amongst other things, Sword Weapons boosts your attack value. Shield Lore boosts your defense value. Speed Lore boosts both. You should be hit less and rarely see any misses with this skill group. Taking this will also unlock a nice set of abilities found on non-set equipment. You may want to try working with a bargainer to find some nice items to compliment the build. Shields, for example, often can be found with "Block chance: close combat" at pretty high levels. This can be a lifesaver for the majority of the combats you will find yourself in. Swap out Sword Weapons for Hafted Weapons if you prefer - it also allows you to use some juicy Shadow Warrior only two-handed weapons.

etc. etc.

I think a flexible "build" is a great idea, but it needs a little more support for the rest of the life of the character and the other six skill selections