Bargaining vs Enhanced Perception Experience

I am running a Queen of Blades seraphim at level 65, I got home last night and made a quick run to get to level 66. In my rush to play, I left my bargaining suit on my seraphim and went on a killing spree for 30 minutes. After reaching level 66, I went back to town and sorted thru my inventory. In that 30 minutes, I picked up a Desert Saber, Officer Saber and 3 Set items, 1 for my seraphim, 1 for an SW and 1 for a HE. My stats were 118 in Bargain +12% find valuables and 89 in EP.

I switched to my battle suit to see if there was a difference. My stats are 113 in EP +26% find valuables and 70 in Bargin. I went out for 30 minutes and the drops were not nearly as good, I only picked up 1 set piece for a TG.

Was I really lucky in the first 30 minutes or does Bargain really affect the drop rate? I have read a lot topics on EP vs Bargin and have not seen anyone post a similar topic.

Have you considered the fact that any All Skill+ on the bargaining suit would have been increasing Enhanced perception as well?

I did, my base in EP is 65 with the +all skills it went to 89

Edited by mikecap69

well, in my experiance, my Dryad has only 6 EP hard points and lots of Item Find armor/jewelry on at the moment and currently has 101% Item find with the survival bonus at 36%. I have found more with her than with anyone else. however, I do wanna try to take EP to 75 to get the find hidden compartments in chests bonus. Bargaining on the other hand with my Shopper TG only found 1 set item for himself. the better rewards bonus might be worth something when questing later on though...

I think I have found a new experiment :faerie:

It sounds like computer karma came up in your favor for those 30 minutes. I have had a similar experience with my SW. I had rushed him through bronze and then put him away for about a month. When I took him out again I picked up 4 uniques (2 level 30 officer sabers, a dragonslayer axe, and an energizer of some sort.) in about an hour. I would have kept going but my wife threatened to pummel the computer if I didn't turn it off. The lucky streak did not continue the next time I used him and I didn't change anything. He didn't have any EP or bargaining in his stats so all I can think of is that the numbers just came up right for that run. To be honest he was due because the drops he was getting when I rushed him were mediocre at best.