Confused by Wiki Quest Links...

Hmm, my idea with the 'single' quests category was so that if people want just one-stage quests (rather than chain quests) they could easily look them up.

They can look for them in the common side quest listing, or in the full quest category listing (won't be so hard, it's alphabetically sorted!), so I don't see any need of a new listing for it. I think it isn't worthy, but well, it's just an opinion.

It might need renaming though - I'm open to suggestions.

Renaming?! Argh!! smiley_emoticons_flucht3.gif

The class quest layout isn't too polished as I'm kinda new to the wiki coding (what the heck is with the %'s to align tables horizontally:)) :tongue: I'll probably poke at it more later, but again, I'm open to suggestions :lol:

You'll need to swet a bit and throw a couple of keyboards through the window before being able to manage tables in the wiki syntax... :cry:

Just be patient and take a look on existing pages code or take a look at mediawiki.org, help section. I always find interesting things there!

Hmm, my idea with the 'single' quests category was so that if people want just one-stage quests (rather than chain quests) they could easily look them up.

They can look for them in the common side quest listing, or in the full quest category listing (won't be so hard, it's alphabetically sorted!), so I don't see any need of a new listing for it. I think it isn't worthy, but well, it's just an opinion.

I was under the impression that the common and full quest category listings also showed the chain quests or parts of the chain quests?

I was thinking more if someone was looking for a random one-stage quest near wherever their character was (I.e. not looking for a specific quest)...but if it's not likely to be used much, or the same set of quests is shown in another category then I agree, it isn't needed to repeat ourselves :cry:

And regarding the wiki coding.....I'll start ordering in those keyboards! :tongue:

Here's a few more thoughts from me!

Common side quests inside the Side Quests page works well enough. What we can add to the main quest page under the link to Side Quests is a link directly to Side Quests / Common Quests even with it's present setup; Side_Quests#Common_Quests. That's just a quick example of the linking power. We can make the text much nicer of course; Common Side Quests

A bit of convenient page embedding might be in order for some pages. What we might do is lockdown the Side Quests page and set it up to import content from the other pages. So here is how it would work:

Create pages and move content from original pages. I can do the moving. Fear not Zeno! :ninja:

• Campaign Quests (Main is not needed since there is only 1 Campaign)
  • Common Side Quests
  • Light and Shadow Path Quests (We need to use keywords Light and Shadow for search ability)
  • Class Quests (Time to drop the word "Specific". An explaination to the fact that the quests are specific can be mentioned on the page as well as beside the link to the page.)
  • Deity Quests

• Single Player Quests - We're going to need this eventually... For quests found only in Single Player and can not be found online. The Blue chain quests should probably be imported into this page since they're only SP.
    In addition it's happened to me a few times where someone is talking about a quest they need help with and I was not able to find it. I'm always in MP whereas many people asking for help are playing SP.

Now once we have these pages in place we can add the below code as an example to the Side Quests page

{{:Sacred 2:Light and Shadow Path Quests|Light and Shadow Path Quests}}
{{:Sacred 2:Class Quests|Class Quests}}
{{:Sacred 2:Deity Quests|Deity Quests}}
{{:Sacred 2:Single Player Quests|Single Player Quests}}

Those four lines will import everything found on those pages into the Side Quests page and the description of the page can go above the imports. Great thing about this is that whenever edits to one of those four pages is made the Side Quests page containing the imported pages data will be updated automatically. As an example all of the set item pages are set up this way.

Breaking up these lists and then importing them provides the best of both worlds. Easier to edit shorter lists and still able to see all the quest links on one page should a reader want that.

Love to have Single Goal Side Quests list but that's a luxury at this point. It would be wonderful for people who want to farm quests. A Best Rewards list will be handy too but again a luxury.

Very nice work you guys! You're turning out to be quite a team. :(