Hugely Muscular Women win World Championships in Swimming

Have a look at the woman who won the world champs in swimming:

m1dzeadahx5y.jpg

Yes, the one on the left. Look closely...

With all those veins and muscles she probably squashes Nerds for breakfast!

What are your thoughts?

Too masculine?

Sexy?

Too much illegal doping?

None of the above, just someone who is totally dedicated to her sport. Why shouldn't women be allowed to be just as focused as men are?

Those modified swim suits could also be a culprit. Anyway I read somewhere that it's only going to be allowed up to November this year then back to the more traditional swimming suits.

I have nothing against women with muscles--to a certain extent. I will admit to taking a fancy to Raye Hollitt, Zap on American Gladiators.

Those modified swim suits could also be a culprit. Anyway I read somewhere that it's only going to be allowed up to November this year then back to the more traditional swimming suits.

Yeah, I heard that was happening too, just not the date. I think it will be good for the sport...we can finally see how good the swimmers are and not just the suits

Personally I dont think that you can look at a woman with a well defined build and shout drugs, but there are occasions like seeing a woman's team where the swimmers have bigger shoulders than the some of the men competing...thats a little suss.

these girls have trained for so many years. The probably even do some weight training too. Its easy to have a well defined muscular body when all you do is train and eat accordingly.

I have nothing against women with muscles--to a certain extent. I will admit to taking a fancy to Raye Hollitt, Zap on American Gladiators.

Agreed, Zap would be the limit for me, any more "Buff" than that would....well

I just do not want a wife / girlfriend who could easily kick my butt :lol:

Jet

None of the above, just someone who is totally dedicated to her sport. Why shouldn't women be allowed to be just as focused as men are?

Because that is life.

I dont want to sound like a sexist or anything, but would YOU like to date her? Or even invite her to "coffee" ?

I would not.

Im sorry, but lol, I think MEN are supposed to be the muscular ones, not women.

Sure, they can be dedicated to their sport and all...just dont have too much muscle is all im asking :)

Edited by Kingy

Because that is life.

This is borderling offensive, Kingy. :)

Everyone please be careful here on this topic. It's already red zoning with our rules, but so far we've had some very good posts that are inclusive as well as respectful to our community.This site's very busy because we focus on the games, it's our expertise, and it's what we're interested in moderating.

Please stay on topic.

I'm thankful for all the very considered posts that have gone up in respect to the Guidelines of Darkmatters. Please be careful with the posts here. If this topic takes too much of our time to moderate and steals more of our game time, we'll have to close it ^^

;)

gogo

well if thats the case.... ALL threads that are non-related to games should be deleted.

I cant believe how sensitive and politically correct we have to be on this forum. Its more strict than a rated G movie

well if thats the case.... ALL threads that are non-related to games should be deleted.

I cant believe how sensitive and politically correct we have to be on this forum. Its more strict than a rated G movie

It's because this is a close-knit family.

It's because we are trying hard to be sensitive to the feelings of all our members.

Mainly it's because we don't want this place to turn into the zoo the SIF has become.

From the onset of this topic I've been confused about the commotion. Though I suppose I have only my sense of vision to blame for that. It's an odd thing but when I look at people it's difficult for me to be judgmental. I have a tendency to not see what is before me but rather to see the one before me in all sorts of possible ways. When a woman is very heavy for example I tend to begin imagining how they might look if they were thinner and I see clearly as though my imagined version were right there in real life. It's not exactly something I do intentionally. I only notice I have done it when it should happen that people around begin to gossip about how someone looks. Invariably I become part of those conversations by mere proximity and it's at those times I notice I'm seeing people very much differently... I see in the picture of the swimmer above a beautiful woman. You can see it too. Look at her face. She has a beautiful face. I can imagine her sitting out on a terrace having coffee by herself on a sunny day. Her hair down and eyes full of life. Full of success. Her body is far from overly muscular in my opinion and certainly... I'd love to share in a cup of coffee. The photo is somewhat misleading I'd point out. When bent forward the girth of ones body seems much more than it is. As for veins I don't see any except on the neck which is normal for everyone when shouting. Shoulders are extremely lean which shows definition and all the while her whole body is in a tensed state. The swimsuit also acentuates the proportions of her shoulders.

I'd like to see another picture of her standing relaxed. I'm certain she would look completely different at any rate. :ninja:

... would YOU like to ... invite her to "coffee" ? ...

I wouldn't be interested in dating her as I'm already married but, if I wanted to become better acquainted for whatever reason, it would not bother me in the least ot be seen in public with her. They all seem quite presentable and it strains my masculinity not in the least that they are probably much stronger than I. She is, int the final analysis, a human after all. I find all humans slightly suspect. :tongue:

After all, it's the personality that counts, not necessarily the package. It's an unfortunate fact of life that many times the package tends to distort the personality.

Im sorry guys for me being "insensitive" ...

Not really a problem as long as you learn something from it. Everyone, as children, is totally in love with themselves and no one else matters at all. As we grow up and become more mature we outgrow our self-centered attitudes and start developing a wider world view ... some faster than others.

It helps to be exposed to cosmopolitan viewpoints that nurture a wider acceptance of others in your growing world view. Of course, you shouldn't believe in the Golden Rule either. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is not really valid. How do you know they want to be treated the way you think they do?

It would be far better to get to know others better a "Do unto others as they wish to be done unto" ... :pitcher:

Have a look at the woman who won the world champs in swimming:

Yes, the one on the left. Look closely...

With all those veins and muscles she probably squashes Nerds for breakfast!

What are your thoughts?

Too masculine?

Sexy?

Too much illegal doping?

It takes all kinds to make a world. Some women are extremely physically oriented and competitive. Most are not.

If you don't like something you see in the world, just focus your attention elsewhere. It's a big place. Plenty of things

to see... so no need to focus on what you don't like.

It is certain she weight trains.

From my training I know that female hormones work against the body type pictured above. Testosterone is the building block

of big muscle... trained with high weight and low repetitions. Most women don't want muscle as they see it as the original

poster: a man's thing. So. If they weight train (and most don't, just as most men don't), then they'll tailor their training for

strength, not bulk. Lower weight so that will they still train to failure (lift until you can not lift again), they are doing many more reps.

Men go for 8 (or 6, or 4 if they're crazy!). Women go for 12 or 15.

Based on the sex hormone balances and the way they train--a woman or man can reach their fitness goals.