Darth Sion - Inquisitor Guide

im confused on how many runes I should eat for this build can you help me out

Well, for me eating runes is always a matter of regen time preference. I would not recommend eating any runes before level 40, as the regen times need to lock in. I personally like Combat Arts that can be spammed as much as possible, so for me good regen times were as follows:

Callous Execution- .5 to 1 secs depending on how fast you can get the cast time.

Ruthless Mutilation- 1 to 1.5 secs depending on cast speed.

Frenetic Fervor- eat as many runes as the focus penalty limit allows because we are dealing in minutes here.

Inexorable Subjugation- 2 secs below duration

Levin Array and Clustering Maelstrom Combo- 2.5 to 3 secs

Debuffer- 2 secs below duration of combo

Buffs- whatever feels comfortable with balancing your other regens

Note: My console corrupted my save file again, forcing me to delete my data for Sacred 2. This build is also deleted so any numbers are off of memory and not hard data.

im confused on how many runes I should eat for this build can you help me out

Well, for me eating runes is always a matter of regen time preference. I would not recommend eating any runes before level 40, as the regen times need to lock in. I personally like Combat Arts that can be spammed as much as possible, so for me good regen times were as follows:

Callous Execution- .5 to 1 secs depending on how fast you can get the cast time.

Frenetic Fervor- eat as many runes as the focus penalty limit allows because we are dealing in minutes here.

Note: My console corrupted my save file again, forcing me to delete my data for Sacred 2. This build is also deleted so any numbers are off of memory and not hard data.

Dude What the hell is a DEBUFFER AND WHAT DOES SPAMMED MEAN.

Dude What the hell is a DEBUFFER AND WHAT DOES SPAMMED MEAN.

The debuffer is used to disable the boss by lower his attributes and stats, allowing us to kill him easier and faster.

Spammed is just having a combat art regen so low that you can continuous attack with your combat art. This will replace your right click on computer and your regular attack on consoles.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question Ryan,

I'm new to Sacred (just got it two days ago) I have already decided that Inquisitor is the class for me, after the first CM+LA combo. :)

Although as far as skills go, will I be able to max all ten skills? I know masteries are at 75, but how many points do I get? And at how many points do the skills max?

I've scrapped 4 other inquisitors till I found this build, and so far, It's amazing. :) I'm sure it will continue.

Thanks for any help.

HKR

Quick question Ryan,

I'm new to Sacred (just got it two days ago) I have already decided that Inquisitor is the class for me, after the first CM+LA combo. :)

Although as far as skills go, will I be able to max all ten skills? I know masteries are at 75, but how many points do I get? And at how many points do the skills max?

I've scrapped 4 other inquisitors till I found this build, and so far, It's amazing. :) I'm sure it will continue.

Thanks for any help.

HKR

Glad you like the build HKR and welcome to the forums! For skills, from Sacred Wiki:

* Players of all classes will receive a new skill choice at the levels: 2, 3, 5, 8, 12, 18, 25, 35, 50 and 65.

* Between level 1-4 One skill point is gained per level up.

* Between level 5-11 Two skill points are gained per level up.

* Between level 12-24 Three skill points are gained per level up.

* Between level 25-49 Four skill points are gained per level up.

* Between level 50-200 Five skill points are gained per level up.

* During their adventure players gain a total of 911 skill points. ((3 * 1) + (7 * 2) + (13 * 3) + (25 * 4) + (151 * 5) = 911)

So you'll be getting 911 skill points to spend if you play your character to level 200. The max number of skill hard points that can be assigned are 200 to each skill, because you can only have skill hard points equal to or below character level. These can be even further pushed with jewelry containing +skills modifiers and the such. Good luck with Sacred 2 :)

Thanks for replying!

After looking at the numbers, I should have 3 masteries by 75, correct?

If so, I was thinking I should try to get Concentration, Astute Supremacy Lore, and Astute Supremacy Focus. Is there a better combination of the skills that I should look into?

With those three, I could have up three buffs, have a higher damage output with my LA and have lower regen times. Will I need more melee, or HP instead? I know it depends on play style, but I'd love some suggestions.

Thanks

HKR

Thanks for replying!

After looking at the numbers, I should have 3 masteries by 75, correct?

If so, I was thinking I should try to get Concentration, Astute Supremacy Lore, and Astute Supremacy Focus. Is there a better combination of the skills that I should look into?

With those three, I could have up three buffs, have a higher damage output with my LA and have lower regen times. Will I need more melee, or HP instead? I know it depends on play style, but I'd love some suggestions.

Thanks

HKR

Concentration and AS Lore definitely you should get. AS Focus is not as important as it may seem, so I recommend trying to master constitution somewhere close to 75, as battles will start to get very hard without this skill, once you start to progress through the game into platinum and niob difficulties. The in-combat health regen really helps and having that extra HP pool means that our PC buff can gain an even bigger bonus because we can take more of a beating. And, I truly believe that as you said, it always depends on play style. What might work for me might not work for everyone else. So if you feel that any aspect of the build is lacking, just make adjustments yourself to counter any deficiencies. Hope you have fun with the build :bye:

• 1 month later...

I've played sacred with no build really, just going with what I thought I needed. Then I found this site a couple months back. Other stuff happened I couldn't play Sacred 2 but now I can again. I'm wondering how many skills can I get to mastery by level 200?

By level 200 you can get all skills to mastery, with my current Shadow Warrior I will reach mastery in "all" skills when I'm level 152 as I have left one skill at 1.

Edited by Spunky
By level 200 you can get all skills to mastery, with my current Shadow Warrior I will reach mastery in "all" skills when I'm level 152 as I have left one skill at 1.

Thanks. I haven't played to get that high yet. I've usually played to level 30 or something close. Thanks again for the info.

• 7 months later...

Ok im starting the build right now. What is the correct or best way to distribute the points into the skills as far as AS, lores and etc. Also, do you really need the NN focus because I want to see if theres anything that could benefit my Inquisitor more with this build. Thanks in advance.

Hey there Raul and welcome to the forums :sigh:

Wow, it's been a really long time since this build has seen any action hasn't it? The original purpose of the build was to design a triple aspect inquisitor, just so you would have a wide range of Combat Arts to not get bored with. If you remove NN from the build you'll make bosses a tad tougher, but the extra power should be worth the compromise. If you are removing NN from the build, I would recommend the following setup:

2- AS Lore

3- Tactics Lore

5- Dual Wield

8- AS Focus

12- Armor Lore

18- Concentration

25- GI Focus

35- Constitution

50- Toughness

65- Ancient Magic

I would run two buffs only (Reverse Polarity and Purifying Chastisment) and have AS Lore, Tactics, and Armor Lore mastered at level 75. I would also dump all attribute points into Stamina for the lower regen times. Hope this little adjustment helps and fits your playing style :)

Thanks for the warm welcome Ryan :sigh: Ok that makes sense I just didnt think that would help with boss battles but if you recommend NN, I will uae it. Killing bosses easier will definitely help on my quest to obtain all achievements in the game along with having a fun time without being stuck at all. Also is their anyway to respec on this game?

P.S. Also how many runes do you recommend in each skill. I remember from long ago that more runes boost but also cause slower regeneration.

Edited by xXZDeadpoolZXx
Thanks for the warm welcome Ryan :) Ok that makes sense I just didnt think that would help with boss battles but if you recommend NN, I will uae it. Killing bosses easier will definitely help on my quest to obtain all achievements in the game along with having a fun time without being stuck at all. Also is their anyway to respec on this game?

P.S. Also how many runes do you recommend in each skill. I remember from long ago that more runes boost but also cause slower regeneration.

Sorry, Deadpool, no way to do what I think you mean... skills/skill points allocated cannot be deleted/rechosen, nor can Combat Art modifications or Attribute points. Once those are done, they're done. If you're definitely sure you made a "vital" mistake, the best thing to do would be re-roll a new toon.

Runes into Combat Arts does increase regen. times, yes. Finding these on armour, or socketing runes into slots will decrease the regeneration time increase. Click the link for more info. The general rule is to leave most Combat Arts at one rune, until the regeneration times get reasonable enough that you can use the CA as often as you want (ie every attack for weapon-based Combat Arts, or every X seconds, or whatever)... then start increasing the CA levels. Regeneration per hit mostly determines the regeneration times you can maintain "useable" Combat Arts.

I am not so fond of the Netherworld aspect myself, but Inexorable Subjectation and Dislodged Spirit make killing bosses a lot easier.

Welcome to the boards, and have fun with the Inquisitor, he's a very powerful class!

Edited by essjayehm

Yup, Ditto on everything that Scott just said. As for the rune consumption, I believe I mentioned it in post...26? Here's the quote from the post; the individual was asking the exact same question you were.

P.S.- Why don't you make an introduction in our new users section? I'm sure you'd receive a proper welcome party :)

Edited by ryanrocker1217
  • 1 month later...

ok I was reading your guide and decided to follow it. on your level 5 skill you chose the focus but how did you get that w/o getting the lore first? im still tryin to figure that part out so I can actually follow the rest of the guide.

ok I was reading your guide and decided to follow it. on your level 5 skill you chose the focus but how did you get that w/o getting the lore first? im still tryin to figure that part out so I can actually follow the rest of the guide.

Hey there kelly and welcome to the forums ;) Are you talking about the original guide or the changes I talked about at the end? I believe you are talking about the original so I'll comment on that. 5 points into Astute Supremacy Lore will unlock NN Focus at level 5. :)

Ryan two questions:

1) Which mount do you use?

2) You dont happen to be Ryan Rocker the former pitcher of the Atlanta Braves?

1. With Astute Supremacy being your CAs for mobs, and the need to gather many enemies together to create the mob, sitting on the Astute spider is your best bet for this build.

2. I believe it was John Rocker? Lol, never had that reference before but no I am not ;)

OH sorry I didnt see it. can you please send me a new skill list that is up to date? I only saw the focus as the level 5 skill so I didnt see how you got it w/o the lore. thanks

My final thoughts about the build as posted on the wiki.

Final Thoughts- It's been awhile since I first posted this build and have learned a large deal about the game that has helped builds I do in the future. While I feel that this was a very capable build, I feel that the following changes might make for a stronger character. I recommend taking the following skills is your a min/max type of player and want to really squeeze the juice out of this build.

Level 2: Tactics Lore

Level 3: Astute Supermacy Lore

Level 5: Dual wield

Level 8: Astute Supremacy Focus

Level 12: Concentration

Level 18: Armor Lore

Level 25: Gruesome Inquisition Focus

Level 35: Constitution

Level 50: Toughness

Level 65: Nefarious Netherworld Focus

thank you for the update. I dont really use the wiki, I found this site's forums and saw all the guides I could follow so I followed the darth sion one.

Hehe, glad the name was catchy :drool:

• 1 month later...

Couldn't you simply leave ZD as an activated CA rather than a buff? Think the wiki says that with enough +CA/skills on your equipment and enough points in AS Focus you could have the summoned time exceed the recharge time, effectively making it a buff w/o penalties. Then at mastery you could have the 3 main buffs active (though I agree about soul reaver being counterproductive to Inqs. who use Purifying Chastisement) or just have 2 active and have better regen times.

For me regen time/rune eating often isn't a problem, socket a couple +regen per hit and spammability goes up dramatically.

@Neku: Yes, exactly what I use. If it's a boss, I use the debuff then spam away on my callous execution. Regen is like .7 secs.

@the1youh8: Yep, that's exactly the concept; you die, you delete

I'd be playing this game forever if I did that...