Darth Sion - Inquisitor Guide

Couldn't you simply leave ZD as an activated CA rather than a buff?

Yes you can, but I'm still a lazy bum who doesn't like chain casting semi-buffs over and over again even if they have the same regen time = duration. Really the player's call on whether or not they like chain casting :)

I'd be playing this game forever if I did that...

Well that was Ascaron's plan from square one, right? :P

I know im bringing up an old thread, but I have found that the best way to handle Inquisitor's is to get armour and jewellery that increase his chance to evade. (my Inquisitor is currently at 307.8% CtE), which makes PC completely useless. My 3 main buffs are RP, ZD, SR, this set up is extremely useful I find as I can only really be hit by Combat Arts and projectiles lol

I have my buffs set up like so

RP

bronze: Sphere

silver: Perfection

gold: Evade

ZD

bronze: Incentive

silver: Domination

gold: Companion

SR

bronze: Deathmagic

silver: Source

gold: Soul imbiber

Now I know it looks like a completely FUBAR set up, however knowing that the Inquisitor is a close combat fighter I like to have him gain as much life as possible from his kills this in turn keeps him a life that little bit longer.

I even take steal life on LA in the CM+LA combo

and dolor with RM

these all work great for me and stop my dying as much. I mean the chance to heal and deal dmg at the same time on a mass scale is too much fun

1 example I rounded up about 30 guys in a mob then with the above Combat Arts modded as you see above I was able to refill my life bar from about 10% life bk to say 95% after 1 CM+LA combo with a SR active

and to help summerise the level-by-level VIT/INT stat increase for every 3 points you put in VIT put 1 in INT then split the remainder on every 10th level

Edited by thedarkheart
Couldn't you simply leave ZD as an activated CA rather than a buff?

Yes you can, but I'm still a lazy bum who doesn't like chain casting semi-buffs over and over again even if they have the same regen time = duration. Really the player's call on whether or not they like chain casting :)

I'd be playing this game forever if I did that...

Well that was Ascaron's plan from square one, right? ;)

lol same here :) going battle aura on my tg becuase I don't like constantly activating combat alert.

Heh, yep, sounds about right been playing since a few years ago on the 360, had to restart on the ps3, and it's still fun. Next up is pc.

I dunno how it could work on the PC version but if you play on the console weather its PS3 or 360 when your toon dies just eject the disk or turn it off if done quick enough it will happen before the death is registered then just reload from your last res monolith saving you hours of gameplay and not needing to delete restart

can't that corrupt your data if you eject after it triggers the save though?

Nope, as the eject happens when your toon dies there is like 5 seconds between death and the save/revive, when it registers the death of a toon and revives you so do it when he/she hits the floor and you shouldnt have to worry about it. Think of it as a quit without saving kinda option

Also on a side note about the ZD I know you get the choice to have him learn either gruesome inquisition or astute supremacy, but has anyone had their ZD use Combat Arts from netherious netherworld? Mine does all the time I will be walking round with the ZD (as a buff) and I will notice he uses SR which annoys me as he nicks my souls I have also noticed he uses inexonourable subjugation as well. I was under the impression he didnt have access to them Combat Arts

I dunno how it could work on the PC version but if you play on the console weather its PS3 or 360 when your toon dies just eject the disk or turn it off if done quick enough it will happen before the death is registered then just reload from your last res monolith saving you hours of gameplay and not needing to delete restart

Once again, yes this is possible but not the point of console hardcore. If you are playing console hardcore and your character dies, you delete the character. If you are not playing that way, you simply respawn at the last Monolith you activated and continue on your journey. The only reason I could justify turning off the console would be if you were trying to preserve your Survival bonus, but once again if your playing "console hardcore" your dead anyways.

Regarding your thoughts on not using PC at all...I took it for the nice damage increase you get while running the melee side of the build. Using niob smith arts for the defense and armor makes the character strong as steel, so the extra healing and evasion from SR wasn't really needed. But yes, if you are using Soul Reaver, do not use PC as they are counterproductive together.

I've never had my ZD use any of the nefarious CAs (it's been awhile since I've played Inqui) but it might be possible do to a bug or some such :)

Once again, yes this is possible but not the point of console hardcore. If you are playing console hardcore and your character dies, you delete the character. If you are not playing that way, you simply respawn at the last Monolith you activated and continue on your journey. The only reason I could justify turning off the console would be if you were trying to preserve your Survival bonus, but once again if your playing "console hardcore" your dead anyways.

Regarding your thoughts on not using PC at all...I took it for the nice damage increase you get while running the melee side of the build. Using niob smith arts for the defense and armor makes the character strong as steel, so the extra healing and evasion from SR wasn't really needed. But yes, if you are using Soul Reaver, do not use PC as they are counterproductive together.

I've never had my ZD use any of the nefarious CAs (it's been awhile since I've played Inqui) but it might be possible do to a bug or some such :)

I'm a little slow on the uptake please define console "hardcore"

Edited by thedarkheart
I'm a little slow on the uptake please define console "hardcore"

No big deal, it was just the reason why Rndm was commenting on deleting the character. Basically if your character gets killed, you go and delete the character regardless. It's all based on the honor system, because no one can actually prove that their character never died because of the turn off the console exploit that you mentioned. :)

Yeah mine used the Purifying Chatisement Buff and Dislodged spirit...just like ive seen em do Levin Array, Raving Thrust, And Zealous Doppleganger...

mines used dislodged spirit, clustering maelstrom, levin array, soul reaver, eruptive desecration, frenetic fervor never used ZD though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this post hasnt been touched in a long time but ive been using this build and one question, and bear in mind im a total Sacred 2 noob lol XD got it last night to play with my friends.

So, my question is....I can read your everything in your build clearly but I was wondering for this build, how do I place my skill points as I level. Im not asking for a level by level list but I know some people will leave a skill at 1 for a long time or keep them at level, also at what level to stop leveling them at. Sorry that im asking for a lot but was just hoping for some help :DDDDD thanks in advance

On a side note >.> where can I pick up some of those bad ass lightsabers lol

If you play online, the lightsabers can be procured only from shopping. If you got bargaining as your last skill pick, and leveled it up well enough, they should start popping up at merchant's stores.

The masteries are up to you. I would personally master armor lore, constitution and concentration by level 75, and keep all the foci at 21 points for starters (this way you can improve the regeneration of combat arts and max ca level for the buffs), and level them up later. If you feel like lacking in the attack value department, you can master dual wield instead of armor lore.

• 5 months later...

how do you manage to do good damage with clustering maelstrom? It's 100% physical and most creatures have a big resistance to physical damage

Really easy actually! As most of the inquisitor builds on the forum here, if you mod it for Chaos, Vortex, Vortex; you can pull a large amount of monsters together for an immense amount of tumbling damage. Basically, its entire effect only works when there is a large quantity of monsters present :)

how do you manage to do good damage with clustering maelstrom? It's 100% physical and most creatures have a big resistance to physical damage

Really easy actually! As most of the inquisitor builds on the forum here, if you mod it for Chaos, Vortex, Vortex; you can pull a large amount of monsters together for an immense amount of tumbling damage. Basically, its entire effect only works when there is a large quantity of monsters present :)

yes, this works in many places, but I tried this in the dragon caves (with the small golems throwing things) and they lose less than half their hp with CM+LA (or CM+RT), and I ate many CM runes, like 15, it deals 411 damage, I'm level 44.

oh and which skills do you master first?

yes, this works in many places, but I tried this in the dragon caves (with the small golems throwing things) and they lose less than half their hp with CM+LA (or CM+RT), and I ate many CM runes, like 15, it deals 411 damage, I'm level 44.

One major thing to keep in mind about this build was that it came out 3 years ago, when we were all still very new to the game mechanics and before the Ice & Blood expansion which nerfed casters. This build is nothing groundbreaking in terms of damage, but it is a fun to play build using multiple combat arts. I was always able to knock down guys with 2-3 casts of the CM -> LA combo. Another trick I learned was to keep LA all by itself so that I could spam it on extremely physical resistant monsters like you are describing.

Skills to master first? Hmmm, I can't recall all my stats from memory, but here's what I do know.

- Constitution was a mastery by either 75 or around 78

- Focus skills were kept at 21, but NN focus was kept at 31

- I want to say that the other three skills that were mastered at 75 or 78 were AS Lore, Tactics, and Armor Lore

Hope this helped at least a little. Once again, I apologize for this build being so outdated :)

One major thing to keep in mind about this build was that it came out 3 years ago, when we were all still very new to the game mechanics and before the Ice & Blood expansion which nerfed casters. This build is nothing groundbreaking in terms of damage, but it is a fun to play build using multiple combat arts. I was always able to knock down guys with 2-3 casts of the CM -> LA combo. Another trick I learned was to keep LA all by itself so that I could spam it on extremely physical resistant monsters like you are describing.

Skills to master first? Hmmm, I can't recall all my stats from memory, but here's what I do know.

- Constitution was a mastery by either 75 or around 78

- Focus skills were kept at 21, but NN focus was kept at 31

- I want to say that the other three skills that were mastered at 75 or 78 were AS Lore, Tactics, and Armor Lore

Hope this helped at least a little. Once again, I apologize for this build being so outdated :)

this build rocks by the way and I really like the gameplay :) I tried again in other places than the dragon caves, and CM kicked some asses. I'm not really far in the game though, so this might change in higher difficulty levels.

• 2 years later...

hi there... im pretty much new to the sacred 2 although im experienced in arpgs... only finished silver with shadow warrior but hes boring as hell so I started inquisitor. woaaah that dude is so entertaining to play. im thinking about a hybrid build. caster (AS skills and GI skillls + the debuff from NN,maybe even Soul Reaver cuz I think that buff is very cool cuz it provides defensive capabilities as well as the attack value bonus which is good on inquisitor cuz hes fairly squishy and I believe he can die to stronger boss/mini boss/harder areas in plat/niob). im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to ARPG's and I'd like to play him on hardcore and finish niob so I have a very hard task in being able to do it. I like this build very much (good backbone knowledge before I start playing) and I have a few questions. first one: I would like to have one more skill in combo with CM and LA. was thinking of raving thrust but if you have a better idea I'd like to hear it. 2nd: exact distribution of skill pts. 3rd: ideal equipment and socketing advices. I wanna know what bonuses should I prioritize. and the final thing: I think I will use the exact order of skills in this build. I would be very grateful is some1 could post some details about modifications of CA's. when to mod, what to mod and why.

Optimizing can go as extreme as using 'features':

Playing the campaign, playing the AddOn and playing CM-patch would allow an interesting playstyle:

bundle enemies with the maelstrom (use 2 nlovae staves and the sigil set for maximal radius)

hit every bundled enemy in front of you with sweeping attack using staves when having staff lore (free 10th skill, but should be chosen before double wield in this approach)

instant recharge with reg per hit items

have a buff which gives up to 20% of your damage to party members, campaign mode allows to choose immortal companions

But of cause you won't have these cool laser swords most of the time...