As Anca has posted here & here, today is Ascaron & Studio 2's final day.

:(

The servers will stay up & the expansion Ice & Blood will be released (probably on the console as well, per Heiko Tom Felde).

We wish all at Ascaron/Studio 2 the best in finding jobs in the challenging environment of today's job market. It's been a great ride & you're all great people.

*hug*

Llama.

It's always sad when a game company Ascaron goes the way of the dodo. I've played most of Ascaron's games by accident, meaning I didn't even realize they were developed by Ascaron and I loved every one of them. They made games that they loved (it seems). They didn't seem to go the mainstream route where you just make whatever is going to sell. Look at Patrician and Port Royale--those are games that the majority of the gaming population may not enjoy. Not so for those that enjoy the genre though. They are some of the best games I've ever played of that style. Just love Ascaron's work and dedication to their games. I'm glad Sacred 2 fans will still enjoy the last bit of life in the form of the expansions.

If anyone from Ascaron reads this, thank you for your games and your dedication to your product. I hope for the best for all of you! Auf Wiedersehen!

They also forget that they're comparing a ~6-9 month old game from a small independant studio to an almost 10 year old game from a behemoth & that D2 had bugs when it was released, despite Blizzard's famous stance on not releasing a game until "it's done".

I played alot off bugged games including this.

I will just say they Hc community makes this game SOO ROCK, you peops are the best.

And I soo like these Ancaron dudes, making a game 100 % funn, even if annoying small bugs.

So to Ancaron peops I wanna say :

Alles Gute wünsch ich euch natürlich auch, und danke fur super spiel.

Aber ein par irritierend fehler hier und da.

Ich wunche alle ein gute zeit nich in Ancaron, und mache nur geile spiele. :(

(Wie immer )

Danke fur machen Sacred 2 besser als s1, aber ein par irritirend fehler hier und da.

I wunche alle ein gute ziet in zukuft.

I hoped you would get through this crisis, but the bug reports from players basicly killed you.

Or well the missing adverticing for game / the spread servers.

Basicly a mix off all killed you.

Edited by D-molisher

Never will we forget this great game & developpers:

War it’s now or never

We shall stand together

One by one

This world is sacred

(I’m coming home)

War it’s now or never

We shall stand together

One by one

This world is sacred

I’m coming home

Coming HOOOHOOOME!

sacred2.jpg

sacred2fallen.jpg

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

very sad news.... :(

The only fun I get out of this game is from closed net play with friends. I hope the servers will stay up for a long while. I am so glad I found out about Sacred 2 and Dark Matters. I have enjoyed countless hours of fun game play and met some very cool people I consider friends now..... All because of Ascaron and their hard work.

This is really sad news :(. Sacred & Sacred are awesome games. It was Sacred that got me addicted to the Action-RPG games.

They made a video to tell us goodbye (This is the link posted on the SIF) :

Video

EDIT : That makes me want to have a Sacred 2 T-Shirt. Anyone knows where I could have one? (Answer by PM so we don't discuss in this topic)

EDIT 2 : If I can't find any t-shirt, am I allowed to make my own?

Max

Edited by metal_max64

Well, this was indeed coming for quite some time... Sadly, it was just a matter of time, and that time has come.

The good news is that the game will go on, but still, I am a bit worried. Its management will never be the way Ascaron managed it. God knows what's going to happen from this point on. New expansions? MMORPG Sacred? Pay to Play?

Let's hope for the best.

Awwwww, seeing Frank and Peter (Kullgard) in that video made me giggle. Glad to see Lars Hammer made it into the video as well. Sigh, they looked like such a swell bunch. At least they looked like they were taking it the best that they possibly could.

It's a shame, but as the German phrase goes - Nichts dauert ewig.

Very sad news; I wish the best to all of them. Call me a cad, being married and all--with 4 kids. But all I took from the video is the fact that Hoa Tu Ngoc is hot.

No surprise seeing this news. They had too many challenges to overcome. A buggy release of Sacred 2, the cash flow problems and server issues lately. The writing was on the wall for a long time.

I hope we hear something constructive, it would be nice to have the new Community Manager actually post about what might be next.

Watching the SIF since announcement, its too negative. Its really a shame that the majority of people never use forums, only those with complaints or who like to help (Or need help), use them. As such, the negative normally wins and you can never tell how many people actually like the game.

I haven't been able to play since weekend, it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

I totally agree with colif,ascaron did well but if your a true fan you'll hope new company

will put its own(hopefully carry on a great game)stamp on it,so lets just look forward and hope the acaron/new company crew

and us have a good future,and sacred never dies.

Edited by wraithking

I have the bad feeling that Sacred 2 already lost a lot of supporters. I wonder whether the sales will justify the new expansion and its future. since Sacred 2 brand was taken up by a new company, they will expect profit in it. If they don't get it... sacred may well die :)

Sadly, that's just how global economics work... no one wants to support a product that doesn't bring a decent revenue, provided they already had to compensate the creditors for previous debts made by the company they purchased.

I have already had more than my monies worth of highly entertaining gaming so for that, I applaud Ascaron for generating a game that I have invested more than 200 hours of fun filled adventure and I have only scratched the surface. :ninja:

Any game this massive is bound to have bugs (but the PS3 port is relatively clean although I have only completed 80% of the main mission and perhaps 50% of the side quests, so I guess time will tell) and the most problematic bug that I have encountered is the "tampered save game syndrome" that renders all of my characters unable to trade with COOP or online. I count myself fortunate to be able to play with so few bugs uncovered.

Given the scope of the game generated so far, I am fairly confident that the new developers will be able to select the "wheat from the chaff" and generate some new content that we will all want to purchase.

As far as the future of the servers and 'pay as you play' is concerned, only the future knows how the story will unfold.

RIP Ascaron and many thanks for hundreds of hours of entertainment.

:)

Love this game, have since launch. I have played this the most since the demise of my beloved HG:L (glad there is the Revival team keeping the updates rolling in for SP) :D

No other game has made me so angry and so happy all at once, lol

Cheers to Ascaron ans Studio 2 *bows*

I have the bad feeling that Sacred 2 already lost a lot of supporters. I wonder whether the sales will justify the new expansion and its future. since Sacred 2 brand was taken up by a new company, they will expect profit in it. If they don't get it... sacred may well die :D

Sadly, that's just how global economics work... no one wants to support a product that doesn't bring a decent revenue, provided they already had to compensate the creditors for previous debts made by the company they purchased.

I don't think anyone bought Ascaron Dobri, I think they just took on/acquired the Sacred 2 franchise (though I'm struggling with the translation, I'm not sure whether Koch Media bought the Sacred franchise or whether it was transferred as part of a pre-existing agreement), so any debts of Ascaron's would remain Ascaron's.

Sad news indeed.

I hope the closed servers stay up long enough to fully enjoy the coming expansion,

it would be a shame if they go down not long after its release :) (ie:within a year)

I'd love to ride my pony through Ancaria, clad in freshly designed armor, exploring newly planted forrests and freshly dug out caves,

slaying critters the Ancarian Gods just beamed down upon (and under) the rich soil of this world...

A big loss it would be indeed if my time in this world would be too short :)

thanks Ascaron for bringing hours of grinding fun into our lives :P

Wow :P

I really thought Ascaron would pull out of this in some form. To all the Ascaron peeps I've had the pleasure to know over the last 5-6 years, thanks for the great games and great times I've had chatting with you. I hope nothing but the best for everyone going forward.

Is there any word from Koch on server support? I'm really re-thinking on whether on not to buy the expansion now. It sounds like any bugs in it won't be fixed and I won't buy if on-line play won't last long.

Just can't get over the feeling that I've been reading a really great book and found the ending to be horrible :(

• Like! 1

I'm at the same position now Knuckles. :whistle:

It really sucks that I didn't get the real "Sacred" feel and fun from the moment I started playing, and the fact that any bugs remaining probably will not be fixed anymore would really be a killer to any enthousiasm left to play. I've had a discussion about it with my mate 501105 and I pretty much have it down to this:

if the expansion costs any more than €20, it has to be damn good to get me buying a copy.

• Like! 1
Please Sign In or Sign Up