Sacred 2 Guide - Celestial Technobabe by soldats

I'm wondering about that too... however for the moment I'll leave that there until we can see what exactly was meant.

I wonder if he meant something to do with private messages that weren't being answered or somesuch.

I was going to delete that part since it was badly worded and confused things (I'll edit his post to reflect what he meant).

He was simply posting here to make sure you went and read the pm Soldats... he's mentioned he's from Italy so I'm thinking it had meaning lost in translation.

if you can bear to live without consitution...I suggest skipping it, and instead using warding energy early on. you will suffer within the first 75 levels.

but by shifting focus on defense in the beginning, you will get by, albeit slower, and the payoff will be greater.

without a chance to test this out since na won't get the experience...I can't say for sure

• 1 month later...

What the hell is this crap? damn spammer :angry:

EDIT: one question to anyone who can answer, why does these blasted spam morons always target Seraphim threads? have seen it a couple of times before and always in some seraphim related topics.

Edited by Spunky

Hi everyone new to Dark Matters forum and I would like if I may be so bold, to say that I have an almost identical build(Different mod on pillar) to this character although only at level 85.However I would like to say that this build is extremely fun and flexible.Its even capable of being very sucsessfull without huge twinking of items and niob BS arts.I highly recommend this build for anyone wanting to mix up their playstyle a bit with the use of only one character.

That being said,I do think this build is going to require a lot more work with the addon installed(the loss of deathblow,plus all skills nerf and combat arts damage lowered).Ive been tinkering with plus percent magic damage,plus combat arts and crit chance in sockets and seem to be doing ok.I am guessing the sockets once used for deathblow will now be reserved for more plus all skills jewelry because at level 85 Ive reserved Constitution as my next mastery(currently mastered both lores,CD,Armor lore) which means Im probably gonna have a struggle soon keeping regens under 1.5 seconds if I keep upping Comabe Arts.So will need the plus all skills to bump up both focus.

Something else Ive noticed with this build is that it can benefit greatly with having two sets of armor, one for bosses and one for normal play.If you use the Celestial set armor (it gives something like 1.3 LL at my level with 5-6 pieces) and a filthy big halberd of your choice with 1.7 LL it can make bosses more bearable maybe in the addon?(hearing bosses have huge hp now).I also had thought about restarting in the addon and taking ancient magic,but for the life of me just cant sacrifice any of the other skills because they all feel so core to me for this build.

Anyway I would like to thank Soldats for writing up this guide and sharing his views on one of the most fun to play builds Ive ever used.Cheers to you all and come party up some time(if you can bear the noise of this builds area effect)! =P

• 3 months later...

I must say I started playing a seraphim with this build last week and so far I am having a blast with it! At level 34 and will pick up the warding energy lore as my next skill. Once I had the health regeration combat art upgraded to to recuperation I have had no problems and have had to use no potions since. Have managed to keep my combat art regen to about 1 to 1.5 seconds. Very nice build and cannot wait to got further with it. Good job!

I've been following this guide and so far so good for the most part. I went to farm the white griffin and for some reason my level was higher than his. I'm only level 17-18 (haven't played since last weekend) and the griffin had a white cirlce denoting that my level was higher. When I looked in the overview window, it was only level 17 (I think) and only gave me 98 experience and a crap drop. I'm going to reload a silver free world and hit him up a few more times. But why did this happen? I even made sure that I went in and out of a cave to make sure the mosters levels were corrected from the last time I leveled up.

• 1 month later...
I suppose you're having problems balancing the regen times. You should be aware that this build is really tough and if you started it from scratch, you will need to gain some more levels before tackling the orcs (I'd say 35+ for silver), since level 22 is sort of low for orc area in silver. If you're playing on bronze difficulty, that's another matter - but you shouldn't have any problems with the game on bronze.

Another thing you can do is ensure you have a good equipment. Do quests, get a lot of set items, socket them with good rings and amulets. I must say that soldats' build is really, really interesting and fun to play, but it does need a good base to start it from (like good shoppers, good set items, probably a character with niobium blacksmith access, etc.).

New here to the forums and totally green to Sacred 2. However, when I saw this video, along with countless others, I was amazed by this particular video. The character is simply amazing. My first character on Sacred 2 will be this build exactly. I only have 1 serious concern. That is, the quote above. In particular "probably a character with niobium blacksmith access, etc.". As I am totally new, extremely green, starting from ground zero. This is a huge wall to hurtle. In fact, probably impossible, as I do not have access to Niobium Blacksmithing!

Any ideas or Admin help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Just start off easy, try to keep Radiant Pillar and Archangel's wrath at decent regeneration times and try to find some set items. Work on your armor rating and when you feel confident enough, try to farm a boss or two for more set items and useful rare ones with sockets. Then simply fill the sockets with good rings and amulets (that add all skills, damage, + combat arts, etc.).

There are several things to consider about this build.

1. If you're new to Sacred 2 completely, be aware that the going will be tough without the proper support. By support I mean a few chars with bargaining that can help your other chars' outfitting. Blacksmithing will also help.

2. Make sure you read as few runes as possible to keep the regeneration times in check. Read one only when you can afford to add a little to the regeneration time. What makes this build even harder is the fact that it's very equipment dependent.

3. Improve the combat arts by using + all combat arts or + aspect mods. Just be careful - using too many such items can ruin the regeneration times as well.

In any case, start off slowly, try to get the hang of this character and farm for items.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

Been some time.

@Etherian Don't stress too much about support chracters.I just recently restarted this build in single player :P ,and the best thing I find is to run a duel wield shopper build along side of this one.That being said,I still only find the shopper usefull for jewelry(because bosses drop all the equipment you need).The slowest levels for this particular build for me is to about level 15.Currently level 100 in single player and still havn't used Niob black smithing(regens are all under 1.2 seconds)in fact I have this build in HC closed net at 97 and she hasnt needed niob support yet either.

At early levels farming the Griffin in bronze nets you all the set pieces you'll need for a long time.Then fight normal mobs and champs in silver at the orcs usually nets some armor upgrades and much needed unique weapons/shields.When you have those and and even better damage then farm the griffin in silver.

My point is......Yes support/items makes a big difference,but this build is still just so solid even without the best of the best gear to work with.

I have made three such builds now and all have managed just fine so far with just a level 60 duel wield seraphim shopper,would it be easier with a niob smith...hell yes...is it mandatory to have one ...hell no.

Just such a fun build that Ive never played another class since or for that matter another build except for the seraphim shopper. ;)

Temper

Edited by (Darkelf) Temper

Hi all!

Mmmk this build quite a bit more work now that I've got Ice and Blood.

The change to + all skills and Deathblow with the new gameplay has changed my view a bit.

Currently working on the best combination for jewelry.Looking like - dot is going to have to be a major mod(undecided yet).

It also seems with the Revelations set you now need more pieces for life leeche.So armor pieces are something else on my mind at present.

Temper

Hi all!

Mmmk this build quite a bit more work now that I've got Ice and Blood.

The change to + all skills and Deathblow with the new gameplay has changed my view a bit.

Currently working on the best combination for jewelry.Looking like - dot is going to have to be a major mod(undecided yet).

It also seems with the Revelations set you now need more pieces for life leeche.So armor pieces are something else on my mind at present.

Temper

I have to agree with you Temper. I have this build at level 55 on HC Closed EU and am playing around with the Rev. set alot. I am starting to lean toward a full Rev. set on this char. Except I am still choosing my wings. Love the wings soldats and dobri suggest. Still choosing which to use. Regens are just under 1.0s on all Combat Arts. But I have to agree again. I'll need the right combo of +ca, +skill coupled with deathblow ~probably at 40%~ for this build to be as affective as the video soldats posted on this build earlier ~pre Ice & Blood~

I remain, Etherian

Hi Etherian!

Yep I see you on Closed nearly every night,but your server is always locked!

Didn't deathblow get the chop from spells? Or are using DB for Archangels' Wrath?I can't test as I have already removed all DB from my gear and will need to shop for it again.

I use just the boots from the RevTech set to raise nova and plus runspeed,Infinite revenge wings like you (priceless)Sofia's for arms and legs and the rest is the revelations set.At the moment I'm building up a set of Revelation armor and a set of Indijian's (SP) for testing.A full set of Revelation has netted some fair results with bosses,but run speed is so slow,and need to socket a lot of enemy - chance to evade and the like.

For weapons/shield I use the same as you.Tinwora's and Glacial Defender.I have a second weapon slot devoted to a % life leeche halberd which I have been using with the Revelation set on bosses.(sorry I forget how much % life leeche that is giving me,maybe close to 3% I think,I'll check up tonight.

With my Combat Arts I have actually paired up Radiant Pillar and Flaring Nova in one Combo,and also banefull Smite and ArchAngels in another Combo.I am currently trying out a different mod on Pillar(delude?)and it works ok when there is up to three people on server but not so hot with more people.I have three of these builds so I can play with mods a bit.

I think in the long run this build will still be very effective,just a little more work.Besides that it's still a very fun build,with lots of CA toys to play with.

Anywho I might catch you on HC EU soon !

Temper

Etherian,

If you want platinum smithing arts easily check my shadow warrior build designed to rush through the campaign. It makes use of shadow veil so you can take on gold at level 40s.. You need to level up to 30s in silver free mode then switch to campaign once you have 100% invisibility. Then the rest is however long it takes you to rush through silver and gold.

From there to get niob access you need to farm gold for new gear and level up to about 75. Then you can take out platinum and you'll be in niob. Make sure to use %LL weapon on boss. Whichever one you find but stars are best because you cannot turn visible on a left click with a star.

We are talking maybe 12 hours playing to get platinum smithing and maybe another 15 to get niob? (guessing)