Invincible Dual Wield Seraphim Build - Inspired By Kaballah

I thought this build up when I was reading Kaballah's Sariel: Invincible Flying Tankmage Thong Princess!, A do-it-all Seraphim build thread. It is extremely similar but the major changes that you can notice are:

1. More melee focused. In this build, I have added Dual Wield and Tactics Lore into the mix.

2. Dropped Warding Energy. I just can't justify using this when Divine Protection is so powerful.

Note: This is my first attempt at a build so please, tell me what you think. If you think a skill should be taken sooner, later, never, or swapped, please tell me! I am open to discussion and changing the build up a little.

Attributes:

Skills:

Tactics Lore.pngTactics Lore : Nothing confusing here, just taking this to beef up the melee damage we will be doing.

Dual Wield.pngDual Wield : It's fun to dual wield! And it can be effective too when paired with the right skills like it is in this build.

Exalted Warrior Focus.pngExalted Warrior Focus : Pump this HARD. Since I do not incorporate concentration in my build, Battle Stance is my only buff. The higher this skill, the higher the max CA level without penalty we have.

Revered Technology Focus.pngRevered Technology Focus : Absolute MUST. This is one skill that helps to make Divine Protection extremely defensive. If you are new to the game or a Seraphim, when you first take this you may think, why in the world would someone want this? Just be patient, it takes time to get to it's full potential.

Warding Energy Lore.pngWarding Energy Lore : This is the other skill that pumps Divine Protection. This paired with Rev Tech Focus makes us invincible.

Armor Lore.pngArmor Lore : You hardly ever see a build without this, and it's no surprise. It does so much for the character, that I feel naked without it. :sweating:

Celestial Magic Focus.pngCelestial Magic Focus : Increasing CA max levels and keeping regens in check. Uses Hallowed Restoration's healing and Radiant Pillar's enemy magnet utility.

Celestial Magic Lore.pngCelestial Magic Lore : Once again to improve the Combat Arts mentioned in the Focus description.

Revered Technology Lore.pngRevered Technology Lore : I am for open for debating on this one. Some say Combat Discipline, some say Lore. I feel like I get more bang for my skill point with the lore. Used to build up Flaring Nova, which can be good to weaken enemies surrounding you.

Toughness.pngToughness : We like being tough, right? Right. This is kind of the "OH S&*T" backup skill. Drop it for EP if you want it.

Mods:

Battle Stance.pngBattle Stance

Aggression - Further increases weapon damage output.

Drill - Reduces the energy cost of Battle Stance.

Retaliation - Small chance to reflect close combat damage.

Pelting Strikes.pngPelting Strikes

Succession - Chance for double hit.

Focus - Pelting Strikes requires less energy

Precision - Increases the chance to land critical hits.

Dashing Alacrity.pngDashing Alacrity

Sprout - Further increases run speed. (Note: I have been told that the attack speed mod doesn't stack with Dual Wield)

Delay - Increase the duration of Dashing Alacrity.

Impatience - Reduces the cooldown of Dashing Alacrity.

Radiant Pillar.pngRadiant Pillar

Hypnosis - Attracts opponents to the center of the pillar.

Conserve - Increases duration of Radiant Pillar.

Ordeal - Inflicts twice as much damage when the opponent's health has fallen below a threshold value. (Note: I like this mod more, but the other is an acceptable choice.)

Hallowed Restoration.pngHallowed Restoration

Recuperation - Temporarily increases the hitpoint regeneration effect.

Master Healer - Decreases the regeneration time of this spell.

Solidarity - Extends the healing effect to nearby allies.

Divine Protection.pngDivine Protection

Capacity - Divine Protection lasts 50% longer.

Boost - Reduces shield's recharge(cooldown) time.

Improved Mirror - Increases the chance to reflect spell damage.

Flaring Nova.pngFlaring Nova

Expand - Increases Flaring Nova's radius.

Perplex - Opponents temporarily lose their attack power. (Note: Weak enemies eat more reflection than stunned enemies, and we love reflected damage :wub: )

Flux - Increases Flaring Nova's damage.

Playstyle:

This build isn't for the lazy. First off, my spamming ability is Pelting Strikes. It will mow down enemies. I like to cast Radiant Pillar to draw them in, cast Divine Protection and Dashing Alacrity while Battle Stance is up. When you get up close, drop a Flaring Nova and Pelt until your all alone. :viking:

A handy tip is get Dashing Alacrity and Divine Protection to outlast their cooldown, this is the center of strength for my build. It's like having 3 buffs without Concentration! With Battle Stance, Dashing Alacrity, and Divine Protection running together, anything that can dent your shield won't live to dent your actual HP.

Special thanks to:

Kaballah - I first came up with this build when reading his Sariel: Invincible Flying Tankmage Thong Princess!, A do-it-all Seraphim build thread.

Barristan - When I posted this build in it's earliest form, his build 'The Archangel' Seraphim build, And the heavens shall tremble.... helped me compare his choices to mine and change some modifications.

If you haven't checked out their builds, I would highly recommend clicking!

Thanks for the read!

Heya,

seems your build is also similar to the 'Archangel' build in my sig. Check it ou :paladin: Might get you some ideas too. Only that you have opted out constitution for Warding Energy Lore....

If you are not taking constitution, be sure to be able to chain-cast DP very soon... it is your lifesaver. If not, you may need to use Warding Energy instead of Battle Stance as long as you cannot.

Seeing the setup of this toon, I think you're going for Damage Mitigation too? Armor, Thoughness and WEL, combined with DM WILL make a toon very strong, tho I almost never opt out Constitution. Playing HC, you can never have enough HP.

:) Game on!

Greetz

HI iiTz, I've moved your discussion of your build ideas to the Seraphim discussion forum. Soon as you have finished your build, please pm me and I can move it into the Builds Forum for Seraphims.

Heya,

seems your build is also similar to the 'Archangel' build in my sig. Check it ou :lol: Might get you some ideas too. Only that you have opted out constitution for Warding Energy Lore....

If you are not taking constitution, be sure to be able to chain-cast DP very soon... it is your lifesaver. If not, you may need to use Warding Energy instead of Battle Stance as long as you cannot.

Seeing the setup of this toon, I think you're going for Damage Mitigation too? Armor, Thoughness and WEL, combined with DM WILL make a toon very strong, tho I almost never opt out Constitution. Playing HC, you can never have enough HP.

:woot: Game on!

Greetz

I just read your thread, and it's some good stuff. And I'm one of the odd console players, so I play what we like to call "console HC", and I'm sure you understand the idea behind it. This has been working very well for me so far, but I am only in Gold. Once I hit Plat or Niob, constitution could help, but I'm not sure if it's necessary yet.

HI iiTz, I've moved your discussion of your build ideas to the Seraphim discussion forum. Soon as you have finished your build, please pm me and I can move it into the Builds Forum for Seraphims.

Will do, just have to finish up looking at my mods I took, but then I'm going to use the wiki to see if I made the best choices.

• 1 month later...

Very nice guide, quite similar to the build I was thinking of trying for my next seraphim.

One question though: why do you want Armour Lore with a Divine Protection build? Isn't it sort of redundant to get armour bonuses when you've got a 100% mitigation spell? I'm not asking to be contrary, btw... I'm still learning the subtler points of the skills, and I'm probably missing something about Armour Lore.

• 2 weeks later...

1. hey I am new and do not known much about the game but I want to try some builds from forum can you please say in what attributes you put your points?

2. can you say how much I must put in a skill. example. armor lore. how many skill points you use? 1, 10, or 75, ...?

• 3 weeks later...
Heya,

seems your build is also similar to the 'Archangel' build in my sig. Check it ou :sweating: Might get you some ideas too. Only that you have opted out constitution for Warding Energy Lore....

:) Game on!

Greetz

Hey man. Just curious about something. I see your build, and it's what I'm going to try for my first character. I'm on ps3 and am using that, BUT, curious. Are your stats in the archangel build merely based on what you have? Or what you have with stats/skills added from armor and sets and magic/etc?

Just wondering so I know how to work that build up, thanks.

• 2 years later...

What about picking only the focus of each tree (except warrior tree, we need tactic lore) and sort out tech lore and celestial lore. Therefore we take constitution for makin her really safe and we have one skill slot free, for maybe combat discipline or enhanced perception or concentration. (if someone wants to use cleansing brilliance...)

Do ya think this would work? :)

Sounds feasible to me. You would get less damage out of those two trees but since they are being used for support its not really an issue.

Thats the point. Cause for makin it a good caster build is too much mixed up from iiTz. There is no combat discipline (or for PC-players ancient magic) waht would make the celestial magic alot stronger. Also no concentration, so I cannot take that build as a caster build and why take the lore when I make no real good damage at all with celestial magic?

My idea was more a fun build for havin support by and access to all combat arts... ;)

• 2 months later...

I have a quick question.. I made a seraphim somewhat similar to this one.. Without either celestial skill.. I took combat discipline for the extra dmg.. It says its adding 434 to all combat arts but flaring nova is only.doing 174... How's that work?

I have a quick question.. I made a seraphim somewhat similar to this one.. Without either celestial skill.. I took combat discipline for the extra dmg.. It says its adding 434 to all combat arts but flaring nova is only.doing 174... How's that work?

Well, that is one of the most common mis-understandings, FuZzNuG... CD is actually adding 43.4% damage to your spell-based combat arts. For your weapon based Combat Arts, it adds considerably less damage increase.

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks for the welcome.. Well see that's where I was kinda thrown off... It added a lot more dmg to my weapon based combat arts.. Cd is adding 430 so I think what it did was add 215 to the minimum and 215 to the max dmg.. And my flaring nova only went from 134 to 174.. Although I'm still early in lvls.. So it could be that all my skills are still pretty low

How sure are you that it added a lot of damage to your Exalted-Combat Arts? The actual result from a low-level toon should have been almost 0.

The only real way to test it on console is to write down your damages of your Combat Arts from the combat art page, then pick CD as a skill, and then go back to your CA page and compare the values. But if you've already chosen it, you cannot go back.

Could be another console bug... but I haven't heard of this before (CD increasing weapon-arts but not spell-arts).

• 2 weeks later...

How sure are you that it added a lot of damage to your Exalted-Combat Arts? The actual result from a low-level toon should have been almost 0.

The only real way to test it on console is to write down your damages of your Combat Arts from the combat art page, then pick CD as a skill, and then go back to your CA page and compare the values. But if you've already chosen it, you cannot go back.

Could be another console bug... but I haven't heard of this before (CD increasing weapon-arts but not spell-arts).

If you are eating 200 runes and using regeneration per hit (rph) you probably would ultimately reap a good amount of melee arts damage from using combat discipline:) I haven't crunched any numbers though.