A Comprehensive Guide To The BFG Seraphim

YY
For consoles and the AddOn regeneration per hit is working. I would take stamina only if I play the classic PC version.

While Rph

is proving to be extremely useful I do not care for it with the bfg build. The flight time of the projectile is way to long for RPG to be effective.

Well I suffer from eye damage from my army time and I use BFG with Archangel's wrath in melee range. So close that my double shots with explosions hit a single target :twitch:

I have to agree that flight time or LAG can lessen the use of RpH up to a point that it is senseless. LAG is a problem because the server has to notify the client about a successfully weapon hit.

But since not everone is playing a BFG build in sniper style, the ones who play like me could perhaps use it.

BFG is considered a combat art that summons a weapon, and as such, BFG is a ranged Legendary Weapon. As such, it is affected by Dexterity.

It depends on your play style. The safest attribute to put points in is Vitality. However, if you want to play dynamic BFG build, some + stamina is good to offset the big penalty imposed by the three maxed buffs.

I usually pick Forens myself, but be aware that if you happen to resort to the god powers way too often, you're doing something wrong :) I only use god powers against last boss (the 4 nameless guardians), just in case.

Thank you :twitch:

On the ranged weapons skill, why is putting spare points in this skill discouraged?

It increases attack speed, chance to hit & max item level useable without penalties, is your logic is 1 point in it is enough, and upgrading BFG rune will not increase max item level useable penalties?

How about attack speed and chance to hit? does attack speed has a cap thus with items you can easily reach that cap thus attack speed is not important?

1. On ranged: because BFG is a buff that directly improves ranged lore. Putting more points there is inefficient. For example, In Ice and Blood, at level 100 I have close to 200 points in ranged lore with only 1 hard point in it.

2. On attack spd and chance to hit: CtH is not an issue for this build. It'll be over 100 at all times. As for the atk speed, the BFG is powerful enough to kill quickly even at readuced attack speed. However, by improving the buff you also improve ranged lore, and this you improve the attack speed as well. So in essence, you will never have problems with the chance to hit and the attack speed.

YY
For consoles and the AddOn regeneration per hit is working. I would take stamina only if I play the classic PC version.

While Rph

is proving to be extremely useful I do not care for it with the bfg build. The flight time of the projectile is way to long for RPG to be effective.

Well I suffer from eye damage from my army time and I use BFG with Archangel's wrath in melee range. So close that my double shots with explosions hit a single target :D

I have to agree that flight time or LAG can lessen the use of RpH up to a point that it is senseless. LAG is a problem because the server has to notify the client about a successfully weapon hit.

But since not everone is playing a BFG build in sniper style, the ones who play like me could perhaps use it.

Very true. at close range the lag is less pronounced. And the fact the RpH, and Deathblow both work on AW makes it an incredible shotgun attack!

BFG is considered a combat art that summons a weapon, and as such, BFG is a ranged Legendary Weapon. As such, it is affected by Dexterity.

It depends on your play style. The safest attribute to put points in is Vitality. However, if you want to play dynamic BFG build, some + stamina is good to offset the big penalty imposed by the three maxed buffs.

I usually pick Forens myself, but be aware that if you happen to resort to the god powers way too often, you're doing something wrong :) I only use god powers against last boss (the 4 nameless guardians), just in case.

Thank you :twitch:

On the ranged weapons skill, why is putting spare points in this skill discouraged?

It increases attack speed, chance to hit & max item level useable without penalties, is your logic is 1 point in it is enough, and upgrading BFG rune will not increase max item level useable penalties?

How about attack speed and chance to hit? does attack speed has a cap thus with items you can easily reach that cap thus attack speed is not important?

1. On ranged: because BFG is a buff that directly improves ranged lore. Putting more points there is inefficient. For example, In Ice and Blood, at level 100 I have close to 200 points in ranged lore with only 1 hard point in it.

2. On attack spd and chance to hit: CtH is not an issue for this build. It'll be over 100 at all times. As for the atk speed, the BFG is powerful enough to kill quickly even at readuced attack speed. However, by improving the buff you also improve ranged lore, and this you improve the attack speed as well. So in essence, you will never have problems with the chance to hit and the attack speed.

Agreed! My level 150 BFG has had 150 attack speed and 150 Execution speed since very early levels. and only 1 point in ranged

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to try out this guide and I'm LOVING it so far!

My only question.. I'm level 14, able to pretty much one shot anything that gives me 300-600 experience.

In your guide you state to farm one of the bosses.. How exactly is this done (I tried to get to the Boar but I could not open the gate near the top of the first area to enter the second area) and will I be able to at my level?

Edit: Also I listened to your advice and bought a mount that has +16% evasion.. What is the purpose of mounts if you cannot fight on them? Just for traveling purpose? Having one does not take away from my main character, correct?

Edited by medievalzeus
In your guide you state to farm one of the bosses.. How exactly is this done (I tried to get to the Boar but I could not open the gate near the top of the first area to enter the second area) and will I be able to at my level?

If you're playing the Light campaign, you get through that gate via a tunnel to the side (the quest will show you where). You farm bosses in a Free Mode game, not a Campaign Mode game.

Edit: Also I listened to your advice and bought a mount that has +16% evasion.. What is the purpose of mounts if you cannot fight on them? Just for traveling purpose? Having one does not take away from my main character, correct?

He's talking about a Special Mount (Tiger for the seraphim), which you can get from a quest in the Human region (there's plenty of guides for this).

If you're playing the Light campaign, you get through that gate via a tunnel to the side (the quest will show you where). You farm bosses in a Free Mode game, not a Campaign Mode game.

Alright, free mode. Will level 14 be enough to kill said boss?

Alright, free mode. Will level 14 be enough to kill said boss?

The boar has some wicked stun. if your armor and evade are low you may have a tough time with him at level 14. with the BFg you should have enough damage to kill him. I recommend clearing the area before approaching him. his stun combined with a dozen angry boars will surely get you killed.

Alright, I found The Boar and killed him quite easily.. was able to get level 20 quite fast.

I found this set chest piece that's worth a lot.. and it is GREAT for my seraphim because it adds +2 to all skills.. the only problem is that it's the only thing highlighted in red.. Why is this?

Nothing else on teh armor is highlighted in red.. :)

• 1 month later...

maybe they aren't that important or something but you barely said anything about attributes. can you give me numbers to aim for at certain levels please, for now I'm just dumping all of them into vitality.

Reading for the win :)

7. Attributes.

Depending on your play style, attribute points should be distributed in different manners.

Lazy play style: start off with 1 vit, then 1 vit/1 dex, and finally 1 vit/2 dex. The basic idea is that vitality is paramount, and since you won't be using CAs frequently it's way better to improve the weapon damage.

Dynamic play style: start off with 1 vit then 1 vit/1 sta and finally 1 vit/2 sta. The basic idea is that stamina will improve your CA regeneration times, which is improtant for you and your CA micromanagement.

EDIT: Since attributes also develop as the char develops, it's hard to give precise numbers - this is why meny people just give an outline in their builds.

Edited by Dobri

I don't know any other place to say this, so I will do it here :)

I used this build to start playing Sacred2. And now I would like to say thanks!

Appearently I finished the campaign in bronze (sp) without dying :o and got the survivalist trophy. I am 100000% sure that it is thanks to this guide.

Add:

I realised I made a mistake. It seems I read 5 runes in Pelting Strikes. Is it even possible to get the cast time down to 0.5 now? :)

Edited by Denna1984
  • 1 month later...
I've Started a build based upon this build in SP

Actually I've stopped as I'm completely enjoying playing in "Closed Net" at the moment and most likely will start a similar build to this first as a shopper in closed net, then eventually come back to this.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very confusing I'm new to sacred and the forum here; HI ALL , but I've tried following both this guide and a ice high elf guide telling me that I should be able to , in this case, one shot bosses so o should grind them except I can't get to the bosses because there too hard to get to. I've followed the guide to the T so I don't understand, am I supposed to be in bronze or silver? I'm not sure but it's frustrating in the least especially when I'm just tryin to make a starter char to get me off and running an learn about the game.

The other guide told me that I could go grind Orc caves once I hit level 20 on my Ice high elf and at level 30 in still getting my butt handed to me everytime I enter. Am I doing something wrong are you supposed to be on bronze everytime you start? Any help is appreciated thanks all very much :)

This is very confusing I'm new to sacred and the forum here; HI ALL , but I've tried following both this guide and a ice high elf guide telling me that I should be able to , in this case, one shot bosses so o should grind them except I can't get to the bosses because there too hard to get to. I've followed the guide to the T so I don't understand, am I supposed to be in bronze or silver? I'm not sure but it's frustrating in the least especially when I'm just tryin to make a starter char to get me off and running an learn about the game.

The other guide told me that I could go grind Orc caves once I hit level 20 on my Ice high elf and at level 30 in still getting my butt handed to me everytime I enter. Am I doing something wrong are you supposed to be on bronze everytime you start? Any help is appreciated thanks all very much :)

Let me help!. Welcome to Dark Matters

We don't want to have you get frustrated thinking your doing something wrong when it may just be part of the learning curve your struggling with. First off I have yet to see a character 1 shot a Boss unless it is massively over leveled (much higher level than the boss), and I would never recommend to a new player trying to grind in the Orc cave at level 20. period

Now having said that,(before somebody jumps me to disagree) there are some experienced players that really know how to socket armor, with a chest full of goodies and shoppers able to buy the best gear, that could make a build to do those extraordinary things. If challenged to, Im sure I could. But that is an extreme build and I have 2000 hours of experience and billions(yes Billions) worth of gold and unique items available to me.

So if this is your first character, you probably haven't accumulated the premium gear that is available yet. This is not a game breaker. This particular char is one of my favorites and I think makes a great char for a first time player.

Next question, what version or platform of the game? The reason I ask is because this character was designed for PC pre-Ice and Blood. I have played it to level 110 on console and got very good results. I have one in Ice and Blood at level 156 (my Canon in my Sig)that I had to deviate from the build a bit to accommodate the nerfs to all skills and the increase difficulty.

So, please respond with a few answers like:

1. Version you play?

2. level your at?

3. What gear you have and what is socketed?

4. if possible some of the bonus specs listed in the inventory details

Lastly this game has a huge learning curve. the detail and mechanics take a bit to get used to. the cool part about all that detail is that you can get very creative with Specs and skills and gear and either really make a nice build or totally screw one up. So don't let yourself get frustrated if your first build doesn't turn out like an All star. I have built dozens and have yet to build one that is perfect.

So, please respond with a few answers like:

1. Version you play?

I play the x360 version

2. level your at?

10 at the moment

3. What gear you have and what is socketed?

Gear is mostly random 1 or 2 stars that have nothing socketed but have sockets, haven't been paying much attention to it because I've just ran through bronze and am now trying to grind Gar'collasis, to hopefully

Find some set peices

4. if possible some of the bonus specs listed in the inventory details

Block chance, defense value, +to misc. Combat Arts, ranges defense value, lots of block chance, max hitpoints, defense value

Thank you very much for responding so promptley it really helps to ease my frustration, the game is very fun to just play until I got confused with Combat Arts being a long time diablo 2 player, I love the looting and visuals te gameplay just may be more complex or maybe on just so used to how diablo was, in anycase thank you again, should I always start builds on bronze?

After you get some hours in and feel more comfortable with the mechanics you will find bronze to easy. however untill you get some confidence there is nothing wrong with Bronze to get your feet wet.

At level 10 you will still be battling with regen times. it wasn't until about level 20-25 that I remember I started getting pleased with how thing were going. keep all runes read at 1 until you see the Pelting Strike has a regen of about 0.5s. that is key to having a machine gun to plow down mobs. after that slowly add runes to the BFG aspect 1 at a time. There is a glitch on XBOX that won't properly show regen changes from Runes read until you cycle your Buffs so only add 1 at a time.

Keep an eye out for rings or Ammys with regen per hit. it isn't a super mod for the BFG since the hits dont register right away, but it will help at early levels to get your regens down.

I myself ran my first BFG through bronze the first time before Silver. I finished the Bronze Camp then went to Silver. But I was out to pick up several of the achievements in one run.

If your into the human territory at level 10 on silver with your very first char and no chest full of gear you may be pushing things a little fast. I would slow down and get some experience first. survival Bonus is a huge boost that you lose if you die, and it gives a nice increase to all your attributes and chance to find valuables.

BTW you won't see any set items until level 15. that is the lowest level they will drop. you can farm in Bronze for some sets by running free play mode and hitting the Griffin, Raging Boar, GarColosus over and over until you get some nice drops.

Cheers and happy hunting

Thanks for this guide I'm using it and it's working well - I'm now level 20. Have a question about the set items. I found a few of the set items and they seems to have the same name but are lower level. Does each difficulty level these at different character levels? I'm a long time D2 player as well and so I'm confused about the lvls on these armors.

The item drop is determined by the level of the monster/boss that dropped the item. Set items usually improve per 15 levels (15, 30, 45, 60 or 20, 35, 50, 65 and so on). So in general, up until monster level 25-26, you should be getting level 15 set items. When the monster level gets close to the upper limit for the next level of the set item (30, in your case), you will start getting level 30 set items with better properties.

It depends. It is all down to which combat arts are you going to use. If you think you'll be spamming the same combat art over and over (like pelting or archangel's wrath), then expert touch is a good choice. However, if you find yourself switching through various combat arts of both aspects, then I would not turn the expert touch on if I were you.