Sacred 2 - New Ice and Blood HD Trailer

OMG EPIC TRAILER :D:P

That Dragon Mage is gonna be my new fav character :4rofl::viking:

ME WANTZ IT NOW! BLARRGGHHH!

*runs off in a blood rage looking for the expansion although it hasn't been released*

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Veeeeery cool. It looks even better than what I know of it. He's gonna be tons of fun to play. Oh... Was that enhanced gore I saw? ^^ Changed the video to an HD version. :D

sounds cool, but does anyone know if they will be giving the console gamers any option to play new content. I don't have reliable-internet so DLC is out for me. if the ears of the creators can hear this DLC disks for us stone-age gamers would be nice.

sounds cool, but does anyone know if they will be giving the console gamers any option to play new content. I don't have reliable-internet so DLC is out for me. if the ears of the creators can hear this DLC disks for us stone-age gamers would be nice.

I'm afraid that it isn't cost-effective to cater to "stone-age" gamers without internet, regarding DLC. As far as I know, there has never been any DLC content released in physical form ever for either 360 or PS3. I could be wrong though.

If you're super desperate for it you could always just take your PS3 somewhere with reliable internet :P I'm sure there will be a way for you to get it, don't fret!

thanks nili. this caveman will always hope.. I've been a HC rpg'er for more then 20yrs.. and this game has played well...good for a seat in the top ten lists of most all of my rpg friends..

this has to be the most awkward and worst "put-together" trailer I have seen.

the frame rate is so choppy, I didnt even know what was going half the time.

in some scenes all you see is a big tree in the foreground.

anybody else think like me?

I would honestly rate this trailer a 2/10....

all that is cool is the narrator's voice..... thats all oh and the new character as well..... its just that he wasnt really well portrayed in this video

ive read the comments before actually watching it, so my hopes were high. when the video was done.... all I could think of was..... you guys are really in love with this game..... cuz this video was really poor quality

this has to be the most awkward and worst "put-together" trailer I have seen.

the frame rate is so choppy, I didnt even know what was going half the time.

in some scenes all you see is a big tree in the foreground.

anybody else think like me?

I would honestly rate this trailer a 2/10....

all that is cool is the narrator's voice..... thats all oh and the new character as well..... its just that he wasnt really well portrayed in this video

ive read the comments before actually watching it, so my hopes were high. when the video was done.... all I could think of was..... you guys are really in love with this game..... cuz this video was really poor quality

YOu my friend are so near to getting flamed, I suggest you take a hike & eat some cookies

jk jk ^^, I rly liked the video, but it seems some people didn't, I'm ok with that tho :whistle:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

I, for one, wasn't impressed at all. Actually I was bitterly disappointed. I expected the Dragonmage to be a big more... how to put it properly... grand, stunning, unique, breathtaking! And what do I see? Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat turning from a man to a 2-meter dragon hurling fireballs like the Sorceress from Diablo II and using modified Fire Nova like the Seraphim's Flaring Nova... or should I say Sorceresses Frost nova from Diablo 2? Or that fiery explosions just look like graphically improved Druid's Fissure spell from Diablo 2 as well?

The new "commanding" logo of Sacred 2 expansion? What's the "commanding" about 2 blood splats and a line added above the Sacred 2 title? I expected something better in that aspect as well.

The idea of flying around and shooting fireballs from above... Nice. But not unique. You could do that in Might and Magic VIII, created by 3DO in 2000 or 2001, I'm not sure.

OK, you simply transform into a flying being that can still be hit from below (like the big bats in the swamp). Amazing. Why do I think that there was a serious lack of imagination on the part of the developers? Even a Mage that specializes in dragon training, dragon summoning, boosting dragon's abilities, and helping it improve and grow to a BIG dragon as he improves looks more original to me than this. Well, big... let's say half the size of the dragon bosses, so that it doesn't need that much re-texturing and such. Why not have various types of dragon mage, capable of summoning and raising different types of dragons?

Now that would have been something to look for. As I see it, the Dragon Mage's play style will not be any different from the play style of many existing characters. Most of the trailer he looks like a Pyro-specced HE. And here I am, expecting something new, unique, grand...

He're an idea for a dragonmage. I'm making it up as I go :sigh:

Aspect 1. Dragon Command

The aspect focuses on the summoning, raising and boosting a pet dragon. As the dragon's level improve, so will he, getting bigger, and badder. In the end the dragonmage will have a real fearsome dragon in his command.

CA 1 - Dragon Booster - improves your summoned dragon's abilities for a limited amount of time.

CA 2 - Burning skin - all enemies in close proximity of the dragonmage and his dragon will sustain fire damage.

CA 3 - Sweeping Wing - a close-combat attack with the equipped weapon which deals physical and magic damage to all enemies in 180 degree circle in front of the Dragonmage.

CA 4 - Life line - while the skill is active, part of the damage the player will be taking will be deducted from the HP's of the dragon.

CA 5 - Summon Prismatic Dragon (Buff) - summons a dragon with prismatic attack (phys/fire/ice/magic/poison) that fights for the dragonmage.

-> There you get a skill tree with 1 buff, summoning, buff for the summoning and 2 types of attack - fire and magic.

Aspect 2. The Dragon Within

This aspect allows the dragonmage to transform into a dragon, raining fire from above or becoming a fearsome opponent in the ground.

CA 1 - Dragon Blood - Improves Dragonmage's attributes while he's in dragon form significantly.

CA 2 - Firebreath - single-target attack that delivers devastating fire damage, which can be customized for other damage types as well.

CA 3 - Flight of the Dragon - allows the mage in dragon form to take to flight for a very limited amount of time, making him impervious to close combat attacks, while receiving a fiery breath as main attack (based on weapon damage) for the duration of the CA.

CA 4 - Scales of the Ancients (buff) - improves the defensive rating of the player in dragon form significantly. Can be customized for close combat reflect, stun reflect, projectile reflect, etc. Can be used in human form as well.

CA 5 - The Dragon Within (Buff) - transforms the dragonmage into a dragon, improving his damage, hit points and armor rating significantly.

-> there you get an aspect with good offense, defense and 2 buffs, flying and fire breath. The true dragon.

Aspect 3. Power of the Dragon

This aspect allows the player to reach deep inside to the dragon within him and harness his powers to deliver devastating attacks with spells and weapons in human form.

CA 1 - Dragon Blow - single-target weapon strike delivering improved damage.

CA 2 - Fast Claw - several quick strikes against a certain number of opponents in close combat range.

CA 3 - Eruption - reaching down to the power of fire within him, the dragon mage is able to force his body to erupt into flames, seriously damaging enemies in close and mid-range.

CA 4 - Saturation - for a limited amount of time, the dragonmage saturates an area around him with magic, forcing all opponents to take damage over time. Damage can be customizable.

CA 5 - Inner Strength (buff) - reduces regeneration times and improves the damage of combat arts within the Power of the Dragon Aspect, and improves HP regeneration while in human form. Can be modded to improve regen times for the Dragon Command aspect as well.

-> there you get an aspect that can be either standalone, or support the previous 2 aspects.

In the end, you get 3 interesting aspects that can be mixed to your heart's desire with certain restrictions. That would make for diverse gameplay that shouldn't get boring quickly. Hope you like it.

I can only assume that based on the quality of this trailer..... the expansion will have sooooooo many bugs lol

even if it were offered on consoles I would not touch this expansion with a 10 foot pole. it would probably make the game even less playable. and break my ps3 on the long run......

Well, I'll still get the game - provided I have the money for it. I've been a fan of the Sacred trademark for quite some time and I will probably still be one, but with the way things are going, I'll simply adore the game in nice and secure SP environment.

Sacred 2's like our own little child, community input from the first game helped make Sacred 2 become what it is now, and it's certainly not like anything else out there available. While the video isn't as epic as I'd like, it's still the best that Ascaron's made...lol, though that doesn't say much as Ascaron hasn't had the hottest trailers :lol:

The trailer shows something about the game that I'd always wanted to see more of though...a focus on the grotesque. Guild Wars had some pretty inspired and creative-looking monsters. I'm tired of killing rats, bats and cats, no matter how powerful they get.

How can being a pest exterminator be exciting? :lol:

The monsters have a more of a fantasy appeal, and that's a winner for me.

The franchise is a game I've been playing for years now, and the last installment in this chapter of my life is coming out. I'll be running to snap it up and play it with the gang.

One thing weird though...did you notice while the narrator has close to a take on the famous real movie trailer narrator...it almost sounds like parody?

:)

This was a strange part of the trailer for me. I kept expecting something funny to happen or for him to laugh and give us a "scary movie moment"... but it stayed deadpan serious.

...anyway

:P

gogo

Gogo, correct me if I'm wrong, but all I saw as mobs in the movie were some flying beetles (normal and ice), ice spiders, some icy-looking golems from the seraphim isle, ice cats, ice bears, some new type of skeletons (pretty much looking like the old ones), icy skeletons, some of the older mobs and some new eye-with tentacles-looking mobs.

I don't see that much of a change - just some new additions and re-textured old mobs :)

from the moment it was announced and from it being available..... its a short time frame. add the ascaron closure now what you will get is something thrown together in a rushed manner.

Please Sign In or Sign Up