The Future of Sacred 2 with Deep Silver - Answers for the Players

Heya gang. thought this might interest a number of folks. The below is a translated thread from the German Sacred Forum posted on the 5th of August. Pixel, the new Community Manager from Koch Media, answers some pressing questions and provides some insight as to Sacred and it's fans future. Read on...

Sacred 2 and Deep Silver - The Answers

From the German Sacred Forum:

Translation from Google Translate.

Dear valued community!

Here as promised the answers to the currently most frequently asked questions:

--- ---

Community / Forum

• Changing the forum rules?

In the community will do everything as far as the old left and nothing changed.

• So far, very high value placed on the community. Will it continue to remain so?

The Sacred community has always been loyal, very pro-active and constantly striving - thus we see no changes to the handling of the community should

Deep Silver is also the community at the very heart of what projects like Risen, Trackmania and other evidence. Moreover, in this environment explicitly clear in future extensions of our activities are planned.

• Modifies the "freedom" in the forum? So far, almost everything could be said, as long as the tone is right.

Exactly so, it will also be handled with us. Deep Silver has nothing against criticism, as long as they are based on a factual level. The Netiquette of course everyone should be respected.

• Can the old community-management is not acceptable? Is this over?

Yes, Koch Media, the former community Betreueung as far as possible, since the former Community Manager flawless work done. We are pleased that we continue Anca available.

• Will the moderators of the community or will receive them by KM Moderators replaced?

Deep Silver evaluate the performance of the Community Manager of Ascaron Entertainment GmbH as outstanding and relies on questions of forums to support the verdict of the respective employees. Therefore biggest reason we have high respect for the moderators, and performance of their future cooperation would more than welcome.

• Are the developers of the game Persona Non Grata, or you can contact us here will continue to helpful posts available.

The developers of Sacred 2 have a very good job. They were with "lifeblood" and a lot of active engagement, so Deep Silver sees it as self-evident that they continue their private thoughts in the framework of the Forum can reveal.

• Who is behind the new accounts, the Forum take?

Behind pixel is the community manager of Deep Silver Germany (Marcos Duarte) and behind the account DeepsilverKM the staff of marketing.

Main game "Fallen Angel"

• Will it give more patches?

Unfortunately, due to the insolvency of the developer Ascaron team of the main product has been dissolved and is no longer for patches available.

Add-On "Blood & Ice

• Is the add-on already mastered?

The add-on is at the present time are not yet finalized. The team still working on the final tasks. Once we reach the Gold status, you will be first on the forum know.

• Will there be patches for the add-on type?

Deep Silver is currently in the development team with the add-on to finalize. We are working flat out the best possible product deliver. Currently, we are satisfied with the quality of the product, very satisfied. The generally rather long development time of the enlargement is paid here. If still serious errors occur, we want to do their utmost to eliminate them.

• Will there be a Collectors Edition type?

There is no separate CE for "Ice & Blood" is planned. However, any English version by default with a few great extras provide. The add-on to the game also contains a poster, a very detailed map and the second part of the Shadow Warrior radio drama.

Consoles

• Will the add-on to console?

At this time, no add-on planned for the console.

• Will there be further updates on bugfixing? Improvements in the online game?

Bugs are collected by Deep Silver and an external team of developers.

• Will there be (further) to DLC?

Is not currently planned

General Sacred

• What is the future of the brand from Sacred? Will there be a 3 give Sacred? If there are other add-ons planned for Sacred 2?

• Deep Silver is focused exclusively on the completion of the extension "Ice & Blood", the participating forces deal so that the fans faultless and amazing game available.

• Will the community continue to be actively involved in the development, or at least as intensively informed.

The community is and remains for us a matter of the heart. We will therefore continue to monitor you all the developments around Sacred and inform as much as possible. We welcome all suggestions from the community.

• Does DS / KM some of the employees of Studio2/Ascaron?

We are delighted that we have at least Anca we were able to win. We are also one or the other former employees of Ascaron take. Still, there is no very great cause for concern for the teams, good and experienced Games Developer will always find a new job.

Ladder

• Will the Ladder finalisert?

The Ladder will be updated by Deep Silver and the contents of the add-ons to be extended.

• Will it give a reset?

There is currently no evidence to be taken

Support

• Has limited support hours? What happens on weekends / holidays / after service concludes with support requests / lobby failures?

At times the support does not change because of the support already Ascaron times Deep Silver has been done. The partners regarding lobbying and game server are the same, so any disruption will continue to delay the partner to be reported to a speedy restoration of the online-game guarantee.

• How long will the lobby server still running?

Deep Silver, the entire server landscape for Sacred2 transferred to the online play even after the release of "Ice & Blood" takes place. The entire infrastructure will continue to be optimized.

• If the number of freely-configurable server changed?

Deep Silver has to developments regarding player behavior and utilization of the server until a closer look before a reliable statement can be taken.

KS / DRM

• Will copy and / or remove DRM?

No. It is the same copy protection used during the main game Fallen Angel has been used.

• How long will the activation server active? If this off, it will be a fix so that you can continue to play Sacred?

There is no cause for concern regarding the operation of the server or the provision of additional servers. The servers for activation, SecuROM from manufacturers Sony and hosted. This ensures that the activation even in the next few years can take place. Once this final and permanent changes, an update will be provided that activation is unnecessary.

Hmm, the console bit is a little disappointing to hear. Sounds like we won't be getting the expansion let alone another patch to fix the completely broken Blacksmith skill.

I'm also anxious to see a more clearly translated transcript, meaning absolutely no offense to the translator, as syntax is pretty important to most of those questions. Being a speaker of only one language I can only imagine how difficult it would be to translate statements in your native tongue to one that is a second language. Curse me for not continuing my German classes :sigh:

I'm hoping for a genuine translation as well. I think they're all busy on the Sacred 2 servers playing, lol, google is good with the gist but not the nitty gritty

:)

gogo

what a shame :) ,I would br nice if the new company doesent decide to bury such a great game.I dont think its right that they dont seem to be supporting the consoles though.I play this game primarily on the console and its one of my favorite games of all time.its not often that I get to play a game in this genre thats this good,it could always be better but this game is great as it is.

Thanks for the info Schot. :)

Would be nice if the new guy would put this up for the english people, but we all know where the english speaking folks , especially those of us in the US, st on the importance totem pole.

I'll give you a hint, it's somewhere under the toilet.

what a shame ;) ,I would br nice if the new company doesent decide to bury such a great game.I dont think its right that they dont seem to be supporting the consoles though.I play this game primarily on the console and its one of my favorite games of all time.its not often that I get to play a game in this genre thats this good,it could always be better but this game is great as it is.

Sacred 2's success on the consoles could spark some interest with some other developers that have been toying with making similar games. I'm trying to see the positive here so bear with me... If Sacred 2's performance went well (I haven't looked at the sales numbers) for consoles, we may very well see more games in this genre. Especially for the PS3 which openly supports mouse & keyboard. Maybe it'll even be enough to fully convince Blizzard to go ahead with Diablo III for consoles :P

PC is the only platform that isn't entirely governed by greed, in other words you can find games that are out there made by people who thoroughly enjoy what they made and don't care about sales because they can release games without the need for a huge publishing company. Console games suffer from the effects of greedy corporations and therefore it takes a lot more convincing to get games out that have a smaller demographic. We can only hope games like Sacred 2 have made enough of an impact to pave the road for more to come!

Here's to hoping :)

First off, there's a "better" translation that Anca did on the SIF, which makes a bit more sense. And if you read the console section of it, you'll see the following:

• Will there be further updates on bugfixing? Improvements in the online game?

Bugs are collected by Deep Silver and an external team of developers.

Why would they collect bugs & then send them to an external dev team if they weren't going to be fixed?

A quick answer - to show that there's hope for the Sacred 2 brand and thus boost the upcoming Ice&Blood expansion sales? :)

Still, I also tend to look at it at a bit more positive standpoint, but I do hope this isn't like throwing dirt into people's eyes. It would be a shame to use such a great game for money-making and in the end leave them high and dry.

Edited by Dobri
Definately sad to see that it appears us consoliers will be getting stiffed on the Ice and Blood. I would love to have more quests and storyline to play with.

I mainly play on the PS3, but still play it on PC. Would love to see it released in the US and on PS3.

• 4 weeks later...
Great job with putting this info together Schot. We'll have to give the new Community Manager a holler and invite him over to DarkMatters for an interview.

:thumbsup:

gogo

Hey Gogo, did you contact the community manager about doing an interview on DM? would like to see that.

Definately sad to see that it appears us consoliers will be getting stiffed on the Ice and Blood. I would love to have more quests and storyline to play with.

I agree, still the game is immensely fun even with the bugs. I would like to see blacksmithing get fixed on the console anyways, hopefully they will get their 'external developer' to fix the console bugs.

Edited by ka243
Please Sign In or Sign Up