Locked Chest

Hello everybody!

Just north of dragonmaw pass there is a hill with a little encampment on it. There is a quest that takes you there. In that camp there is a locked chest and was wondering if anybody found the key:)

Sorry I'm no good at screenshotting so I can't do better then that description... but you who have been there you know what I'm talking about right :) :)

When you do the spirit of atherton quest you will meet some bandits in that camp, if you decide to kill them you take a key from the corpse of their leader and open the chest, or was it when you decide to let him live? :)

I can't really remember if I got the key when I killed him or let him live, as it a long time since I did that quest now.

Well then it must be the other option, because I know I have opened that chest, as far as I remember it contained a lot of items (2-3 rares, a couple of blue ones).

Well then it must be the other option, because I know I have opened that chest, as far as I remember it contained a lot of items (2-3 rares, a couple of blue ones).

Thanks spunky for the info ! :)

So you have to decide whether you want the unique gauntlets that are quest reward or let this guy live and see what is in box... this reminds me of an old tv show, but I digress.

I always kill him, will have to remember to let him live next time.

Hey Col, next time you go there can you post a few more details about the quest? I have been through it once and I remember the chest, but I would like to look for it again :(

The quest begins with the ghost in the cemetery in town (can't for the life of me recall the name of it, but it's the big town East from the tunnel through dragonmaw pass). Spirit of Atherton or some such is his name. First step leads you to the chest option.

/edit - Griffinborough is the name of the town

Edited by Barsby