Ears Make the Man

Show me whatcha got babee

ears650.jpg

Handsome, regal and austere. Now before all of you flood my pm box with messages on where you can meet this dashing fellow, remember that it's the ears that make him ^^

Pony blessed me the other day with this piece:

bunny-1.jpg

Three sockets. Two gold and one silver. Not only was I thrilled with the high quality of the sockets and the number...but it also "clicked" for me... they're from a quest.

We can do that quest again.

I can keep spawning three socket helmets over and over.

There is a chance if I keep farming enough, I can get two golds and a silver again, if I'm lucky!

Besides the good looks, anyone here use the ears permanently for functionality?

:)

gogo

They would actually be lovely for the Shopper TG... if you can get the multi socket it would out-do most other options (especially if it managed to get 3x gold... assuming that's possible)

Like you said the sockets are amazing, but if you were to use this piece as an actual piece of your battle armor the amount of protection you get from this helmet is deplorable compared to what you could get on a 2 socket helmet from the shop or from a set...And we like to have a high armor rating even if it means sacrificing sockets, in my opinion that is.

Hope this puts a new spin on it,

StiCk_eM

Gogo, I told you to hide those ears, did I not? You don't really look like a High Elven Inquisitor... Where are your pointy ears? Or you simply use the Bunny ears to compensate? :cry:

However, they rock. 3 gold (or even mixed) sockets allows for wondrous customizations. Heck for 3 gold sockets I'll make him wear a thong :(

Edited by Dobri
ears.jpg

Minadras gave me this awesome ears :D -now I need some with 3 gold sockets and +all skills :(

best ones my dryad found : 2 gold/1 silver

Imagine Ordal wearing that thing... its perfect for a level 140 tho :cry:

Greetz

there's a quick method used to farm these if you don't mind me posting...

do this in a closednet campaign game. not sure if it will work on lan...

-setup-

get the quest done up until the point where you talk to the chicken for the quest reward drop. LEAVE THE GAME. do not collect the reward.

1. start a campaign game with the character used in the setup

2. run to the cave where the chicken is located. DO NOT FINISH the quest

3. bring in as many friends as will fit into that game

4. everyone ports to the setup character in the cave

5. setup character leaves

6. someone finishes the quest for the drop/everyone gets ears

7. repeat 1-6

you can get upwards of 15 ears per hour per character if you're fast enough

so that means if you bring in a 5th character to replace the setup, that's 15 x 5 = 75 ears per hour

=]

hope that helps

Edited by soldats

Looks interesting...Is there some kind of walkthrough for this quest? (I can't seem to find one)

Or could someone just tell me (or show me) where to start this quest (did it once when the patch came out, but don't remember (shame on me))?

Thanks.

Max

It's very easy, max. When you go to the temple in thylysium, you will see an item lying on the ground (refer to your minimap, it's easier). Just pick it up and get going :)

It's very easy, max. When you go to the temple in thylysium, you will see an item lying on the ground (refer to your minimap, it's easier). Just pick it up and get going :)

Alright then, thanks for the info. I'm going to try this right now. :mafia:

Max

there's a quick method used to farm these if you don't mind me posting...

do this in a closednet campaign game. not sure if it will work on lan...

-setup-

get the quest done up until the point where you talk to the chicken for the quest reward drop. LEAVE THE GAME. do not collect the reward.

1. start a campaign game with the character used in the setup

2. run to the cave where the chicken is located. DO NOT FINISH the quest

3. bring in as many friends as will fit into that game

4. everyone ports to the setup character in the cave

5. setup character leaves

6. someone finishes the quest for the drop/everyone gets ears

7. repeat 1-6

you can get upwards of 15 ears per hour per character if you're fast enough

so that means if you bring in a 5th character to replace the setup, that's 15 x 5 = 75 ears per hour

=]

hope that helps

Very interesting extension of Schot's guide here:

Sacred 2 Guide: 13 Levels in 5 Minutes, The 5 Minute experience Rush with a friend

Further possibilities, of course are... yes, interesting ^^

:thumbsup:

gogo

• 2 months later...
I wonder... is it still possible to do this with Expansion?

:)

gogo

I don't know. I have a feeling that it might be.

And for way off topic, my daughter decided to be a squirrel this Holloween. My son decided to add rabbit ears and make her a "rabid rabbit sqirrel". I have no idea where they got that idea from.

Got em for both my HE and Dryad. The HE looks like a playboy bunny cause hers are white and blue. HMMM what about the seraphim? I actually wore them on the HE until I found something more practical. keepin em for a bargainer suit.

• 1 month later...

It's worth it jaguar girl. Look how handsome I look all decked out like a rabbit. You can buy yourself good looks too with nothing more than a quest... what a deal!

:P

gogo

p.s,. those ears were so awesome, as it turns out the ones I got from Pony were the rarest of the ears available.