Deep Silver at GamesCom showing off Ice and Blood

Stéphane posted information about this on the French SIF forums: Here

I would provide links to his attached images however I don't have access to photobucket or any other image site while at work.

As far as I can tell regarding listed Skills however:

Combat Art Skills

Tier 1:

• Concentration
  • Dragon Magic Lore
  • Elemental Magic Lore
  • Mentalism(?) Lore

Tier 2:

• Combat Discipline
  • Ancient Magic
  • Dragon Magic Focus
  • Elemental Magic Focus
  • Mentalism Focus

Offensive Skills

Tier 1:

• Polearm Weapons
  • Staff Weapons
  • Tactics Lore

Tier 2:

• Sword Weapons
  • Speed Lore
  • Damage Lore

Defensive Skills

Tier 1:

• Shield Lore
  • Armor Lore
  • Constitution
  • Spell Resistance

Tier 2:

• Toughness
  • Combat Reflexes
  • Pacifism

General Skills

Tier 1:

• Alchemy
  • Bargaining
  • Enhanced Perception

Tier 2:

• Riding
  • Divine Devotion

So looking at this... has a bunch of very nice settings:

Pure mage type as far as I can tell... like an HE, although unclear what the CAs are so there might be more melee-esque CAs than the HE has

Nice set of Defensive skills, including toughness, so made for tanking

Alchemy and Bargain as tier 1 general skills, so another good shopper, as well as able to capitalize on Alchemy the way the Dryad does while other classes need 2 general skills to use it.

However he can't dual wield, which weakens bargaining setups at least potentially.

All in all he looks like he could be interesting in my opinion, just have to see what the various CAs are.

Wonderful!! I can see:

1. A wickedly powerful caster build with a lot of damage mitigation (toughness included) and a lot of customization options.

2. A fast leveler with alchemy in its 1st tier and a lot of mentor pots (finally!).

3. Probably a close combat fighter as well? 1h + shield (or polearms) + toughness + stacked DM on shoulders and armor = GG.

That was indeed something Zin! Thanks for sharing the info.

EDIT: All right... the next demi-god is coming...

Edited by Dobri

Beautiful. Thanks for the update Zinsho. Just having new goodies to play with is already good news. Now...if only I can find where to order it for us for peeps here in Canada.

:thumbsup:

gogo

ZOMG, I rly can't wait to play this character :viking: .

I'm rly curious how "Battlemagy" he's going to get. I loved how they worked out the inqi but one hybrid is enough.

I'm kinda feeling he'll be Mage/Druid something like that, so still has the beloved melee punch & cool spells... I'm getting excited again :viking:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

Yup, the third aspect is "Mentalism" (& has some nice CAs, some Area of Effect, some single-target). The "first" aspect (dragon magic) has the shape-shift CAs & the orbital-bombard, er, dragon-bombardment-uber-fireball-pwnage CA & the second one is a offensive "caster" aspect.

You might want to try picking the "Magic Staffs" skill now (they've added a ranged attack to it ala Titan Quest, and you can use DW with magic staves, hmmmmmm.... :viking:).

Not to mention this announcement.

What about changes in game mechanics or something? PvP fixed maybe, or drops in party?

My understanding was that PvP was (horribly) unbalanced, not broken per se. Also I don't think party drops are broken on the PC (they are on the consoles, as I understand it, with the host getting virtually nothing).

When doing boss runs in party, the drops are the same like it was a single player, but divided per every party member. Which actually makes doing boss runs with more than yourself senseless. Oh, and there is experience sharing, where experience is scaled up to players' level (level 100 gets 10k but level 40 gets 3k). Teaming up with player like 10 lvls ahead/beyond is pointless (he has to fight much stronger mobs but experience doesn't gets that better).

And yes, chars are very unbalanced but that's another issue.

I really hope at least ONE thing form above gets fixed.

Edited by Zonc1
You might want to try picking the "Magic Staffs" skill now (they've added a ranged attack to it ala Titan Quest, and you can use DW with magic staves, hmmmmmm.... :viking:).

Are you sure that the Wands will not count as Ranged weapons?

You might want to try picking the "Magic Staffs" skill now (they've added a ranged attack to it ala Titan Quest, and you can use DW with magic staves, hmmmmmm.... :)).

Haven't checked it, but I would assume not, since you need to take the Magic Staffs skill to get the ranged attack.

Haven't checked it, but I would assume not, since you need to take the Magic Staffs skill to get the ranged attack.

I am fairly sure the poster meant one-handed magical staves when talking about "wands".

Anyway, I forgot where I saw it but I read a Q&A regarding Ice and Blood where the topic of dual wielding magical staves and the answer was that when you dual-wield the weapon-specific skill becomes irrelevant and the Dual-Wield skill is used instead and Dual-Wield does not grant you a ranged attack.

However if the ranged attack is 'unlocked' via Magic Staffs then it doesn't matter if you wield one or two (I do have to wonder though what would happen with one staff and an axe for example if that works)...

• 3 weeks later...

That's a mind-boggler @.@

I would think, though, that the dual wield would take over. I don't think that you can dual wield axes, can you? o.O;

Beautiful. Thanks for the update Zinsho. Just having new goodies to play with is already good news. Now...if only I can find where to order it for us for peeps here in Canada.

:unsure:

gogo

It's available for pre-order on AmazonUK, right now. Release says Oct. 2 ;3