Guild Wars 2 Trailer Premiere!

• 1 month later...

Can't wait for this game, it looks incredible! A definite purchase if you ask me. The problem, though, is that there are too many good games being released in the next year or two to even have time to play them all. A delicate problem, I suppose.

Edited by Thedricon

There`s always so many games coming out, and this turns gamechoosing into a stress fest for me, because when I choose I have to be very careful that it`s something I can play with others and has no monthly charges.

Guild Wars 2 looks to be filling out those needs nicely in the coming year.

:)

gogo

been hanging around www.conceptart.com for a while (art intrested should chek it out) and some of the artists for the game puts some of their drawings on the forum.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=166738

thats the gw2 thread.

quite a few developers/artists and such posts there...

it's quite a few concept drawings from great games there... like Halo and such :)

btw, you have to scroll down quite a bit to find the drawings.. it's a forum you know :P just keep turning pages if your intrested.

Edited by Erling
There`s always so many games coming out, and this turns gamechoosing into a stress fest for me, because when I choose I have to be very careful that it`s something I can play with others and has no monthly charges.

Guild Wars 2 looks to be filling out those needs nicely in the coming year.

gogo

I agree. I also prefer games with no monthly fee since I tend to go inactive every now and then. I've played many games with monthly fees and in some cases I've paid the subscribtion only to play for a few days. There are so many things that could interrupt ones gaming. :)

Best part is that some of the best games out there come with no monthly fee. Sacred, Guild Wars, Diablo 2(not that I play it anymore) etc to name a few.

Think I just might log on to Guild Wars right now and see what it's like these days... :)

• 3 months later...

Guild Wars 2 Elementalist Videos :

LINK

The spells look great!

Edit : Here are the links I just got from Guild Wars 2 Facebook :

Elementalist : LINK

Combat (Part One) : LINK

Max

Edited by metal_max64
Yeah Max, awesome...they look great!

gogo

Yeah, I even put the Elementalist wallpaper on my desktop. :)

But I've been thinking about this earlier, now that info from Guild Wars 2 will start coming more and more often, could we make a topic about it?

Max

Ayup, go for it, I'd be interested in seeing what comes up for this game. Guild Wars is classy, well-produced, I love the company and...no monthly

yum

gogo

Yeah Max, awesome...they look great!

gogo

Yeah, I even put the Elementalist wallpaper on my desktop. :)

But I've been thinking about this earlier, now that info from Guild Wars 2 will start coming more and more often, could we make a topic about it?

Max

I wouldn't count on anything Max, going by how long it takes ANet to do anything.

I wouldn't count on anything Max, going by how long it takes ANet to do anything.

It will just make some kind of déja-vu like Sacred 2. IIRC, we only knew 3 classes like 6 months or so before the release.

I didn't know ArenaNet took their time before posting info.

Max

It will just make some kind of déja-vu like Sacred 2. IIRC, we only knew 3 classes like 6 months or so before the release.

I didn't know ArenaNet took their time before posting info.

Max

Well for instance, the release of GW2, they say end 2009, then summer 2010, then late 2010, now we are up to 2011 I believe.

Shadow form: A skill that allowed assassins to farm the endgame areas with ease ( I abused it too) has only been nerfed about a month ago after nearly 3 years of it being monstrously overpowered. And still they couldn't do it right and it is still able to farm everything, some areas better now than before the nerf.

Sam, Guild Wars was a very well produced game. It kept our community busy for a good while, and I have high faith for the next reincarnation.

Our excitement leads us to look for information, field guesses and have fun.. Who doesn't delight in wondering and dreaming about the coming new goodies for something a lot of us here on site have been waiting for.

Now put away those memories of yours and help us track down some good info for the upcoming release why don't ya!

gogo

p.s. Course...if you need a place to relax...you can always use Clan [D.a.r.k]'s fabulous Guild Wars Digs

Clan [D.a.r.k] 's Ingame Island Guild Hall!

...compliments of DarkMatters! (lol, though you'll have to ask Gene for the keys! :lol)

Sam, Guild Wars was a very well produced game. It kept our community busy for a good while, and I have high faith for the next reincarnation.

Our excitement leads us to look for information, field guesses and have fun.. Who doesn't delight in wondering and dreaming about the coming new goodies for something a lot of us here on site have been waiting for.

Now put away those memories of yours and help us track down some good info for the upcoming release why don't ya!

gogo

p.s. Course...if you need a place to relax...you can always use Clan [D.a.r.k]'s fabulous Guild Wars Digs

Clan [D.a.r.k] 's Ingame Island Guild Hall!

...compliments of DarkMatters! (lol, though you'll have to ask Gene for the keys! :lol)

Wow you all stopped playing a long time ago. when you stopped, (seems like 2007) is about when I started. I played furiously from then till just before christmas just gone. 6500 hours over 20 months, wonder how many hours that is per day......no wait, I don't wanna know =S

Currently at about 28 months and starting to get 2nd year birthday pressies, and GW's is having it's 5th year anniversary from last Thursday to tomorrow (today for some people)

Also when I made my own guild I had that same hall!

Edited by sam6555
It's a hot hall !

Hmm, I should check my toons...don't they all get birthday animals or pets on my bday? Wheeee I could have another dragon!

gogo

Ha :)

Yea they get pressies on every char birthday. Type /age and it will tell you how old each char is.

Already some new info :

Combat System Part 2 : LINK

They say that they dropped the Second Profession feature in order to make each profession more unique.

EDIT : They also talk about the new possibilities about party combat.

For example, if a ranged character throws an arrow through an Elementalist's Static Field, the arrow will be enchanted with lightning.

Another example, if a melee character does some kind of tornado attack into an Elementalist's Fire Wall, the fire will spread all over the place.

These are cool new possibilities!

Max

Edited by metal_max64

I'm enjoying how they have amped the complexity of battles. As well as what you just reported, I was reading the blog of the lead designer regarding the "joy of movement" and was laughing when he said that just on the fly the game produced in front of him someone spearing an enemy monster that was knocked up into the air.

ooooh lovely

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an article about the dynamic event system, and it looks like a lot of fun :

LINK

EDIT (May 22nd) : Here are 2 FAQ about the event system :

FAQ 1 : LINK

FAQ 2 : LINK

EDIT 2 (May 22nd) : Here's an interview about character progrssion, economy, etc. :

LINK

Max

Edited by metal_max64
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...