Guild Wars 2 Trailer Premiere!

Felicia Day did a voice for the game, and got her Guild Wars 2 Collector Edition way before anyone else :

In this video, she opens the whole thing :

Max

Here I found an article (in French, but you'll get to understand the main things) about the Gem Store.

Near the end, I've been able to understand that a Character Slot will cost $10 (800 gems) and an Inventory slot costs $5 (400 gems).

Max

Near the end, I've been able to understand that a Character Slot will cost $10 (800 gems) and an Inventory slot costs $5 (400 gems).

Max

Max, that is typical pricing for GW. You will get a set number of character slots to start (think they are giving us 5), and if you want to purchase more you can for $10/Character slot. Also you are given a set amount of space in your storage/bank..if that is not enough for you then you can purchase more storage/bank tabs for $5/per set amount. This is one of the ways they make their money on the game rather then collecting a monthly fee.

Thanks for translating my link, I appreciate it.

Here's a preview of the first Guild Wars 2 song by Jeremy Soule feat. Asja : CLICK HERE

It sounds beautiful.

EDIT : And here's the official article on GuildWars2.com : CLICK HERE

EDIT2 : Here's an article about the 7 different skill types in GW2 : CLICK HERE

Max

Edited by Flooxim

Bump to share a few news from Gamescom :

1. The accounts will have a system autenticator (digital and possibly physical) similar to WoW - official information will come out next week.

2. In case of account hacking the account may be restored to their prior state before the intrusion.

3. There will be live in-game support (similar to WoW) through tool that we already use to report BUGS, we will be able to contact a GM in real time.

4. The end-game is not 100% completed, there is much work to do, but ANET is not expecting the the end-game to be reachable quickly, they are now focused on the release, if all goes well they will move on to work at 100% in the endgame (DiabloIII nostalgia:)).

PS - They are aware of the disaster of Diablo with the end-game and ensured that will not happen to GW2, after the release team will jump all just work in end-game.

5. Are being explored new methods of PvP, GvG is confirmed to return to GW2, but said they could not disclose much more.

6. New merchandise will be launched on 28/08/2012, including Dragon T-Shirts.

Fun facts:

All 270 workers from NCSOFT who are working in GW2 will be online in head-start, including those in Europe and Asia, just in case.

Well as I just drive 3 hours and have slept very badly, there are things that probably do not remember, I'll post pictures later with the ppl of ANET and GW booth.

The community manager for the French territory speaks Portuguese because her grandparents are living in Algarve.

NCSOFT launched a new sound-track of GW2 during the event (the first all-the-time containing lyrics).

I can't wait to meet all the devs during headstart (and eventually release)!

EDIT : And here's a guide that should help increasing your fun factor : CLICK HERE

Max

Edited by Flooxim

We did see one Arena Net character during BWE3, but I did not speak to him.

Here's the proof :

devatqueensdale.png

I really hope we'll meet to devs often so we can have fun with them too. I can't wait to get my Lt. hat again for these kinds of meetings so we can have more adventures while being under-leveled :BlobRed:

Max

I really hope we'll meet to devs often so we can have fun with them too. I can't wait to get my Lt. hat again for these kinds of meetings so we can have more adventures while being under-leveled :BlobRed:

Max

Sometimes lieutenant you scare your faithful NCO, just as long we don't get tooooo over powered I will ride along with you. :viking:

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of news today.

First, here's an official article about ANet's vision of the endgame : CLICK HERE

Second, here's an article from GW2Hub about 80 things to do at level 80 : CLICK HERE

Third, ANet officially announced 2 million copies sold! Congrats!

Max

• 2 months later...

Here's an article about upcoming games changes and improvements : CLICK HERE

There will be a Black Friday Sale on the Gem Store on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, for those interested.

Could this topic now be renamed : "Guild Wars 2 News Topic"?

Edited by Flooxim
  • 2 months later...

Here's an article about the Living Story : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-living-story-in-guild-wars-2/

And password change will soon be mandatory : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/mandatory-password-change-is-coming/

EDIT : And here's an article about the recent dynamic leveling adjustment : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dynamic-leveling-adjustment/

Edited by Flooxim