Guild Wars 2 Trailer Premiere!

Loco, GW has always prided themselveson making all their videos from ingame. I know where you're coming from though...I did not think there would be a game like this that would for MP with not monthly costs. Yes, we be a droolin...

There is some real changes here... audio quality is greatly raised from what I was looking at with Elementalist... or, perhaps the warrior brings out noises with the grinding of rocks, smashes thundering hits that just gives me chills?

We loved playing GW, beautiful world, and great for MP. If we're looking for something to keep us all busy till Sacred 3 gets here, *rubs hands in glee* ...GW 2 is looking for superb competitiion for Diablo right now...sorry...but even though I "get" isometric... GW has just completely turned Diablo 3 inside out with this trailer.

:D

gogo

ahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa...I just watched it now as I finished work... my heart races, I begin to laugh, clap my hands...

I do not think I have seen better graphics in 3d and effects...and it's huge MP!

:D

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

While I was on vacation, I missed quite a lot of crunchy info about the game :

A new way of looking at Healing and Death : LINK

Q&A about Healing and Death : LINK

and most importantly, the Ranger class : LINK

The ranger skills look awesome!

Max

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an article about character progression :

LINK

It says the level cap for now is 80.

Max

Edited by metal_max64
Here's an article about character progression :

LINK

It says the level cap for now is 80.

Max

Thanks for the link Max. I just keep getting more and more pumped about this game. Was the level cap at 80 to keep up with WoW? Maybe... :)

• 2 weeks later...

here is a screen shot from Guild Wars 2 http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/4876831542/

and a qoute from a post on the Guild Wars 2 face book page Guild Wars 2 ‎"We do not want to build the same MMO everyone else is building, and in Guild Wars 2 it’s your world, it’s your story." - Ree Soesbee, Game Designer, ArenaNet Tomorrow, we're unveiling a new video, and to give you a taste of things to things to come

7 hours ago

Edited by Lord of the North

And here's the video :

VIDEO

LINK #2 : VIDEO

One word : EPIC!

Max

Edit : Here's an article about the live demo at Cologne and PAX in the coming weeks : LINK

Edit 2 : Added another link for the video.

Edited by metal_max64

Well...the video looks impressive, and what they are promising is impressive. However, I dont know how limited things like there open world cascading chain of events is going to be...I mean its not real, so they will have to be hard coded for there to be an effect...meaning that its quite likely to be limited to only a few effects just so they can say "we have it." I do hope however that its as they suggest it will...it really looks nice.

The Necromancer has been announced, unfortunately, there is no article showing it like the other classes for now, but there's this FIRST gameplay vid :

VIDEO

And some Elementalist gameplay :

VIDEO

and the character creation video, with some of the questions you need to answer to create your character :

These were the best quality I could find for now, and it looks awesome!

EDIT : Some high level gameplay (in the demo you have the choice of a level 1 human or a level 47 charr), be sure to turn down the volume, or it will blow up your speakers :

These were the best quality I could find for now, and it looks awesome!

EDIT : Some high level gameplay (in the demo you have the choice of a level 1 human or a level 47 charr), be sure to turn down the volume, or it will blow up your speakers :

Max

Edited by metal_max64

Just saw about 30 minutes of detailed and commented gameplay, and you have to look at it :

LINK

The gameplay videos are 4 to 5 minutes long, separated into 9 parts, and they say about 60 people were in part of the last video.

The videos are under the "features" section.

Go check it out!

Max

Edited by metal_max64
Just saw about 30 minutes of detailed and commented gameplay, and you have to look at it :

LINK

The gameplay videos are 4 to 5 minutes long, separated into 9 parts, and they say about 60 people were in part of the last video.

The videos are under the "features" section.

Go check it out!

Max

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome, Awesomesauce! Just watched it, Want it now!

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a release date yet?

No, but on the IncGamers Guild Wars 2 forum, someone said that a new profession has been revealed every six weeks. Now that we know about 4 of them, he/she thinks that in 24 weeks we should know all the professions and that the beta shouldn't be far away from that date.

Plus, the devs said the Guild Wars 2 beta will be not long before the official release. So maybe like April-May 2011 Guild Wars 2 will be released.

EDIT : So 24 weeks after the necromancer announcement would take us to Febrauary 8th, 2011.

Max

Edited by metal_max64
and that the beta shouldn't be far away from that date.

Plus, the devs said the Guild Wars 2 beta will be not long before the official release.

Max, do you have any info on the beta? Schot was asking today on how to get into that. Any skinny on the inny?

Does any one sense one of my movie montages involving guild wars 2 trailers? hehe this gives me ideas...:D

Hell yeah!

lol was waiting for you to bubble up with words.. Bring on some Xray!

:)

gogo